The physiological effects and biochemistry of creatine supplementation - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > Article Review and Discussion

Notices

Old 01-21-2008, 04:57 PM
migm should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default The physiological effects and biochemistry of creatine supplementation

I wrote a paper for a graduate biochemistry course a while ago on creatine supplementation. I found out a lot of interesting things that I wasn't aware of despite having known about creatine for a while.

Any interest in reading this at all or is this just a drop in the already overflowing bucket of creatine information?
Old 01-21-2008, 05:22 PM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Default Re: The physiological effects and biochemistry of creatine supplementation

i'll give it a read
Old 01-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Bantamweight

Default Re: The physiological effects and biochemistry of creatine supplementation

Here it is..

http://www.mediafire.com/?8vmxwjbyzi0
Old 01-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Thanks for sharing this!!

So what is your academic background / aspirations?
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Bantamweight

Hi there,

I'm pursuing a masters degree at washington university but my real aspirations are to go to med school in a few years [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have always had a love for biochem and its application to nutrition. I can't believe more people aren't interested in this stuff and don't have a better understanding of how stuff works [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

maybe i'm just a biology dork.

Cheers!
migm

edit: i just realized i posted the unedited/unrevised version of this paper. I saw a few typos in there.. sorry about that! I'll have to track down the final draft
Old 01-24-2008, 08:20 PM
lifting5 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Very cool migm, I'm also extremely interested in biochemistry and am hoping to get into med school one day as well. Are you referring to the Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri?

You can train hard or you can train long, but you can't do both. And it just so happens that it takes hard training to build big muscles" - Mike Mentzer
Old 01-25-2008, 01:56 PM
NJI is gaining weight!!
Hyperplasia Aggressor!!

Nice! Biochem is what I want to pursue once I am out of the military.

"When your vision is powerful enough, everything else falls into place: how you live your life, your workouts, what friends you choose to hang out with, how you eat, what you do for fun. Vision is purpose, and when your purpose is clear so are your life choices. Vision creates faith and faith creates willpower. With faith there is no anxiety, no doubt - just absolute confidence." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Old 01-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Bantamweight

[ QUOTE ]
Very cool migm, I'm also extremely interested in biochemistry and am hoping to get into med school one day as well. Are you referring to the Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I am [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

migm
Old 01-27-2008, 12:07 AM
lifting5 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Nice, I'm about two hours east of you at Southern Illinois University. A friend of mine from high school is Pre-med at Wash U.

You can train hard or you can train long, but you can't do both. And it just so happens that it takes hard training to build big muscles" - Mike Mentzer