2008 - Swimming + Cutting = Getting Ready For Summer - Page 6 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 04-07-2008, 01:10 AM
Vamoose should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Kicked butt at the TSC

Had the best day lifting weights in my life at the TSC competition. I finished in a tie for 1st place in the men's open division at the Woodbury, MN site. Looking forward to seeing where I place in the overall results which should be released sometime this week. I won the deadlift event with a 20lb PR and a 445lb pull. Had another 10-20 in me, but I played it safe since I had to drive down there and my back was a mess. Beat my pull-up goal by 1. Wasn't able to do that many when I was down to 183lb. Completely surprised myself in the snatch event. Started out shot out of a cannon. Had 70reps completed at the 2:00 mark. Around 2:30 fatigue started to set in and I slowed down my pace to make sure I could go the full 5:00 without having to set the kettlebell down which was a secondary goal. At the 4:30 mark I kicked things back into high gear. At the 4:50 mark I switched to my right hand and cranked out a half dozen reps or so. Tied the guy to my right. Pretty sure he had me beat with 10-seconds remaining.

Weigh-in:
188lb

Deadlift:
1st attempt: 405lb
2nd attempt: 425lb
3rd attempt: 445lb

Pull-ups:
11reps

Snatch:
120reps
"Do not make the mistake of limiting your practices to any one set of lifts...Practice everything...single and double-handed lifts, snatching and swinging, jerking and pressing, lying down with weights, supporting weights, lifting weights while laid on the back, ring weights, human weights, and, if possible, double-handed lifts to the knee, and harness lifts, also holding the bell aloft and bringing a weight after with the disengaged hand." ~ Arthur Saxon
Old 04-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Kayano should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Re: Kicked butt at the TSC

hey congrats man, that's awesome, way to have a killer day. keep it up, I enjoy reading your log, its pretty impressive/inspiring.
lifetime runner
Old 04-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Middleweight

Default New Diet

Just got back from the grocery store. I'm going back to a primarily vegetarian diet plus eggs and dairy products. I plan on eating some fish and other meat for dinner occasionally. Visited 3 different stores to get as wide a variety of fruits, vegetables, seeds, and nuts as I could. Really excited I was able to find raw Brazil nuts so I bought the last 3lbs. Got some kiwi, apples, bananas, roasted green peas, pistachios, almonds, and pumpkin seeds to snack on while I'm at school during the day.

In another week or so I'll get back into exercising. Going to focus on improving my swimming endurance and getting cut for summer. My goal is to drop my weight down into the 170's so hiking is less stressful on my damaged right knee. In terms of weightlifting my primary goal is my arms which are always neglected. I enjoy working my grip especially with kettlebells so I will focus on that. Will force myself to do enough work to help the biceps catch up to the rest of my upper body.
"Do not make the mistake of limiting your practices to any one set of lifts...Practice everything...single and double-handed lifts, snatching and swinging, jerking and pressing, lying down with weights, supporting weights, lifting weights while laid on the back, ring weights, human weights, and, if possible, double-handed lifts to the knee, and harness lifts, also holding the bell aloft and bringing a weight after with the disengaged hand." ~ Arthur Saxon
Old 04-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Middleweight

Default New Workout

Did the new routine today:
DB BP: 65x13
Pull-ups: 8
KB MP: 16x16 (need to go with the 24's)
Cable rows: 100x11
Dips (scrapped handle too wide)
Push-ups:
Chin-ups: 7
KB iron cross: 8 (too light), 12x4
Reverse flys
Cable crossovers
Preacher curls: 65x8
Cable pressdowns: 130x13
(should add in 1 more exercise for biceps and triceps

Going to do abs before swimming on M,W,F.