Natural Bodybuilding - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > Psychology of Bodybuilding

Notices

Old 11-03-2007, 03:37 AM
Jeremy Garcia should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Natural Bodybuilding

Back again with the roids.. LOL.. Same guy as my BUMMED OUT post, diff situation.. Now hes trying to get me to try DIBOSE (dont know if the spelling is right).. He says that they come in 10MG pills and if u just take 30MG a day they wont be traceable as a steroid and leave ur system in 24 hours and can be taken as a regular supplement.. I turn it down everytime, its been about 3 or 4 times already.. Im looking to compete in the NPC show next year and he tells me that everybody that competes there are GEARIN' UP, and if ur trying to go natural, its a waste of time.. Now I kinda feel discouraged, but not to the point of not competing, but knowing that Im going against geared up ppl.. And Im not sure how valible that comment is, and I dont toot my own horn, but at 20 years old I look better than alot of the guys in my gym that are juicin, and I keep them wondering if I am LOL.. Its a funny thing with my boy, cause he tells me not to take creatine now (Just came off of my first cut and went from 230lbs to 200lbs and now are looking to bulk up) because its unwanted volume right now, but he tells me that DIBOSE is something of the same effects of creatine.. I dont know how much sense this makes, but Imma be a freight train this winter and just do (!@#$%^&*) my way.. ANY FEED BACK?? (About Natural BBing being a "waste of time")
Old 11-04-2007, 02:51 PM
MartinofSweden should change his/her status!

Default Re: Natural Bodybuilding

Personally I believe you need to find some real friends first of all, friends who respect you. This guy really seems to give you a tough time. When it comes to the "supplement" he´s advocating for, I´ve never heard of it, and it doesn´t really matter, it´s a steroid, right? If you´ve decided not to use drugs simpy don´t. I haven´t and I´ve still been able to come in at the top of competitions, even to win. Remember you´re still a kid (in this game you are), and you have a lot of growing to do, both physicallly and mentally (and spiritually too!) before even considering the alternatives this guy i suggesting.

Remember building the body you want takes time, there is no need to rush anything. Regarding the show, if you´ve never competed before consider this firt time a good learning experience where you both get a better understanding of how your body reacts to carb loading and getting rid of excessive water. Also getting on stage will be a totally new experience to you, and since it´s your first time you shouldn´t expect yourself to be posing as confidently as Ed Corney. This doesn´t mean you won´t do well, if you´re well prepared you will.

But remeber there is a tomorrow after the show too - so don´t put your health at risk for a few minutes on a stage. Sculpting your body into perfection and being able to show it off in an impressive way is art, and it takes years, if not decades of training and experience to really get good at it. I suppose you already knew that. So keep ignoring the garbage advise from your friend, and keep working hard toward your goals. On another note, creatine is a great supplement, probably one of my favourites. Keep supplementing with it, I can´t see one single reason why you shouldn´t.

Isa 55:9
Old 11-05-2007, 01:35 PM
jth16 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

If you want to go 100% natural there are near a dozen natural organizations in America, but yes when you're talking about national Open NPC competition, you're dealing with steroids, but if you're doing a local NPC competition, I would go for it. I'll be doing an NPC comp next year, albeit I'll be in the teen class so, I seriously doubt I'll be going against anyone on steroids. Try searching the WNBF or INBF, they have every kind of testing. They trace anything back you've taken for the past 7 years, winners are polygraphed (Think Meet the Fokkers) and at national comps more blood is drawn post competition from the top winners. So, to sum it up, if its a local NPC comp, not much to worry about, if you want to go all natural do a little research and find an organization you like.

-Jordan
Old 11-06-2007, 12:00 AM
DirtbagDan should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Bro, do not take steroids just because someone tells you to. Doesn't matter what it is he's offering, this is how the misuse always starts. People offering gear to others with very little or no guidance or research done or passed on is when the problems begin. The only way to use this stuff safely with minimal risks is if it's done properly and responsibly.

You taking steroids is dependant on an unpressured decision that only YOU must make, and it must a be well informed, logical, and rational decision that shouldn't be made in 10 minutes. Above all, it's a personal decision, so don't let anyone pressure you into using anything.

So if you want to stay natural, stay natural. That's your decision (at the moment at least), and don't let anyone convince you otherwise. Bodybuilding is not a waste of time whether you do it naturally or hormonally enhanced. Is the process slower naturally? Yes. DOes that mean it's a waste of time? No. Your 'buddy' is wrong. As said above, there are plenty of natural bodybuilding competitions with a plethora of testing procedures to ensure you go up against an as natural as possible lineup of competitors. Though, I don't deny they are all natural. There are SO many ways around the testing procedures. However, will you get as far in competitive bodybuilding if you're natural as you would be if you were hormonally enhanced? The cold hard truth is: NO. But the decision is yours and don't let anyone sway you. Should you decide to use hormones in the future say 10, 15, 20 years from now or whatnot, there are great resources available to use for personal research on the subject.

"Some people call me a fat pig in the off season, but when I step on stage those same people are kissing my @ss" - Lee Priest

"That last rep where you're trying as hard as you can and you barely make it! That is what turns on the growth mechanism in your body. That last almost impossible rep where you're bearing your teeth, you're shaking all over, you need assistance! That rep is very special, that rep is very different. There's something special going on inside your body when that happens." - Mike Mentzer
Old 11-06-2007, 01:40 AM
lifting5 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Honestly, you need to quit letting this guy bum you out and get in your head. If that means not being friends with him anymore, I think it's necessary. I feel that steroid use is a personal choice and I don't look down upon those who choose to use them, but you should be proud that you are natural. Don't ever let someone strip you of your own identity by feeding you some garbage about having to juice to keep up with other competitors. Be your own person, be confident and proud in the decisions you make, and most importantly, do what is best for YOU. Tune out everyone else, because in the end, the only thing that matters is how you feel about yourself.

You can train hard or you can train long, but you can't do both. And it just so happens that it takes hard training to build big muscles" - Mike Mentzer
Old 11-06-2007, 12:46 PM
RawIron should change his/her status!
Middleweight

He isn't complaining about peer pressure. He is asking if he has a chance of being a pro natural bodybuilder without illegal substances.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Stian should change his/her status!
Rookie

Ask yourself what is most important. Winning the show, or coming 2nd knowing you did everything they way you wanted to. I personally have no need to compete (yet anyway), but If I did I would never even consider taking steroids even if that made me unable to win.

From what you wrote it seems like you don't want to use them, so don't take them just to "win". In your mind you will be a better winner knowing you didn't cheat.

Better yet if you win against ppl doing roids, the satisfaction has to be even greater...
Old 11-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Birthright1 is The Master Blaster PUMP Master
Light-Heavyweight

All i can say is go to some of the natural BBing sites and take a look at the banned dues for using illegal stuff. Then read there apology letters. Sad (!@#$%^&*), they might have won the comp for a week but then it was all taken away. If you are going to do it do it right. You have to be true to yourself. Take a look in the mirror,make sure that everyday you like who you are if you start becoming someone you don't like then fix yourself. The only reason these bosos what you to take this (!@#$%^&*) in the first place is not so you can beat them later on but so they can feel better about themselfs. Don't be another persons pick me up. Just do what you feel is right. If you loose to a person who is cheating (according to the rules of natural comps) then F him, at least you have pride in what you are doing. Straight Edge brother. Right now it might seem like the only way but i will tell you this all things change and if these guys are using this (!@#$%^&*) to win well they will get nailed for it. Just look at what is happening to the WWE. Since Chris Benoit (sp) killed his wife and kid and the media blamed it on juice the WWE has started testing using an outside company that is led by the same doctor who test the olympia athlets. If they fail they get suspended for 30 days. I don't know if you watch this but a lot of guys keep disapearing for instance The Master Peice. If they fail a certain number of times then they are booted. This is a sport made on roids and hugh dudes. It will be changing rather quickly unless they stop testing. Hell the only one left will be CM Punk and some of the cruiser weight dudes. It's all about choices, and having the guts to make the right ones for yourself and not let others try to pimp there philosophy on you. Whatever choice you make i will think no less of you either way as long as you make it as an informed self guided individual who understands the outcomes of your actions, and you are happy with who you are and will become when it is all over and done with. Pumpon brother.
Lo, they do call to me
They bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla
Where the brave may live
Forever.

"Either you lift it or you don't."
Jesse Dawson Marunde
Old 11-17-2007, 06:17 AM
Mindwerkz is back to cutting...

speaking of roids, what is roid-gut, I was watching some you tube videos and that was in a few of the comments. Is that like ronnie and how his stomach sticks out like a beer belly untill he flexes?
Old 11-17-2007, 04:37 PM
RawIron should change his/her status!
Middleweight

"Roid-Gut" I THINK is caused by an unnatural increase in Growth Hormone which enlarges the internal organs and thus makes your gut look huge.

From this website that I do not claim to be credible.
http://www.labtestsonline.org/unders...ne/sample.html

"Increased GH levels can lead to enlarged hands and feet, enlarged facial bones, carpal tunnel syndrome, and abnormally enlarged internal organs."