The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro! - Page 9 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 10-18-2007, 08:15 PM
William Ustav is cutting the shadow.
Super Moderator

Default Re: The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro!

Hey guys [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Glad to see you're keeping it hardcore as always, Gabe [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm hitting the gym like a crazy fool now too... it's time for some SERIOUS bulking [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] There's no mercy on my muscles now... the only tough part is combining it with my martial arts training... I just did legs a couple of days ago, and they were still a little sore - and tonight my teacher thought it would be a good idea to have us sit against a wall for a LOOOONG time... my quads were burning up [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I was screaming LIGHT WEIGHT BABYYY, because it really was a light weight, hahah.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Default Re: The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro!

Well, if jake created it, you know its good. We train very similarly; in fact, I am doing that exact form of DUP right now. So it looks good.

Thanks for stopping by, will!

I am pumped that you are getting back into training. You should start a journal! We'll both motivate each other. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

So right now, I am trying out a completely different split I have never done before. And I'm digging it. I am also making some modifications to my diet.

So here is my tip for today: don't be afraid to fail.

What you guys may have noticed in my program is that I am constantly trying different training methods. What results show is that people who are afraid to fail, will stay stagnant - they will only do what they are good at, or comfortable with.

I'm just the opposite. I will try stuff and fail miserably. Then I'll try it again, but make a slight variation to it next time.

Why? Because its simply the best way to learn.

If you stay in your comfort zone, you'll never reach your full potential.

I think I would very well be bigger right now if I stayed with some methods which I was comfortable with forever. But 5 years from now, I guarantee the mentality which I live by is what will make my muscles grow like I dream they will.

I am very much future oriented. I think that's because of my dad. Its an American attribute he built into both Jake and I. Same thing with ABC; we have a vision here, most don't see. But it's coming.

I also think I need a blog. I make random posts like this all the time haha. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'll feel you guys in on the details of my program soon.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:44 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]

If you stay in your comfort zone, you'll never reach your full potential.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen on that one. i recently found a guy here in iraq who is from my hometown and knew my family..anyway he has a masters in sports physiology, etc. i have been training with him lately, and he has me all over...way out of my comfort zone...and its working wonders, im making great gains...sorry about that, just thought id reinforce what u said!

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 10-23-2007, 01:24 AM

Right on, bro! That is one of the best things about a training partner - they push you to that next level.

For me, one of the biggest things that has improved my program since moving to Champaign IL for my pHD, is the athletes that are here. Principally, Layne Norton and Fahsy here on ABC. Its a huge motivation seeing them lift HEAVY and hard-core. Pushes me to make myself bigger and stronger. I just keep telling myself "there is another level you can take your training to."

Today, I went of in the gym.

I have not done hack squats machine for 4-6 weeks. Just got tired of them. I started back on them last week, got 460 3*6. My high is 5 plates aside 4 times.

Today, I was feeling fantastic. I did numerous warm ups, rapidly got up to 5 plates, did that for 6 reps, strong. Felt so good, I decided to add a 10; got that for 4. Then I added another 10, and got that for 4! So I was pumped.

The changes I made to my diet and training program are working fantastic. I'm going to try this for a week, then I'll post details. I do this so I can give summary feedback. I don't like giving augmented feedback on training programs. Something I picked up from experience and studies in motor learning.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

You know what, Gabe? I might just do that! Start a new journal here, that is. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I did legs yesterday, and am sore as heck today (chest is still sore since friday). Even though, at this moment, I'd probably grow from just doing the exercises in a "normal" fashion, I just HAVE to do drop-sets, supersets, and other shocking principles. I guess I just like working out [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I've never been one of the stronger lifters, but definitely number one (well... depending on how you look at it, haha) when it comes to intensity!

Today was Bujinkan-class, tomorrow is Back/Biceps/Forearms! I'll start the journal then [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2007, 12:45 AM

Good job on legs!

Yeah, I am pumped you are going to start a journal. BUTT Man is back lol!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 10-24-2007, 01:55 AM
Fahsy should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Thanks for the support Gabe! Nice hack squats!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
BUTT Man is back lol!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And yep, it's pretty sore too!!! Haha!
Old 11-04-2007, 03:29 AM

This was not my greatest week of training and dieting. What I mostly struggled with was my sleep. In order for me to train twice a day, I have to wake up about 2 hours earlier than I normally would to go to school. Because I had so many exams, my sleep was really bad this week. So I would end up exhausted when my timer went off. I would then increase the timer for 15, 20, and 30 minutes longer for a little more sleep, then I would just say screw it and sleep till I had to leave to school lol.

I'm finding that it is too difficult to wake up so early and train, for various reasons that I won't get into.

So this week was difficult to manage with my split, so I planned two a days, but could not do it. My diet also slipped.

But I got back on the horse the last two days, and I got a plan. More details later. One thing I am doing is getting two workouts later at night; train in the early evening, then go on a late night jog.

I was pretty pumped today. I got 580 on hack squats a couple times! Not this Monday, but the following, I am going to try 6 plates aside. That will be awesome!!

The last month I uppped my cals, lowered my cardio a lot to gain some strength, muscle, and raise my metab. I feel I stayed very lean during this time. So I'm ready to go back on a cut. I will not really lower my cals, but just adjust my macros. I'll be having virtually all my carbs pre and post workout, and in larger servings during those times to maximize my workout performance. I will also be upping my cardio. I'm looking forward to it!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 11-04-2007, 05:20 AM

My knees were a little sore, too. So what I am going to do is ice them after leg day, and also double my dosage of champion proflex on leg days.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies