The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro! - Page 54 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 01-15-2009, 11:37 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Thanks, man!

Wooh am I beat. Just going to do a few giant sets on abs and some low intensity cardio, tonight. Just recover besides that.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:54 PM

Ok, finally here is my split, http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/split_Jan20_09.xls

Got me down to 204 now, about a 18 lb loss. But I have gained at least 40 lbs on my squats and deads. Which is just insane. Obviously it is a combination of diet, sleep, sups, acute training variables, etc. But this split is just amazing.

Keep in mind, I have literally adjusted this on a daily bases for about 10 weeks now. I could not train like this 10 weeks ago. So don't try to. You have to progress into a split like this and allow your body to adapt. You also have to be flawless in your sleep, diet, etc. if you have a chance to survive this.

I am constantly looking for things to adjust. But at this point, I have it about 90% down. Only small adjustments here and there.

I can't explain all this; it would take literally an entire article, too. One thing I'll say is I am not married to this split, nor do I ever recommend doing so. A split is meant to give you a general guidance in your program. But you have to be able to make adjustments on the fly. If you need an extra day off, TAKE IT. I of course don't take any days off; I instead opt for active recovery/occlusion days.

Any questions, comments, would be glad to discuss.

And just to be clear, both jake and I are doing this and worked on coming up with this together.

One last thing I have to say is that the recent title of my journal is "my journey to 190" and I mean that in the deepest sense. This is literally a journey for me. Everyday, I am determined to learn more about my body. Which is why I don't mind taking risks, failing, or even taking a step backwards. It's the only way to reach my ultimate potential. In the long run, I know this will be to my benefit. My ultimate goal is that in the future, I will be able to manipulate my body so quick and so powerfully, that it will just shock people. I want to be able to anticipate it's every response. And so the journey continues!!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Last edited by Venom; 01-15-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:04 AM
Fahsy should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

That is some split Gabe! It is obvious you put a lot of time into designing it, and I think it will payoff with the results you get.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:44 AM

Thanks, Chris! I definitely think things are coming together...getting closer everyday.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 01-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

First off, congratulations on the 500lb pull, that is SWEET!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
One last thing I have to say is that the recent title of my journal is "my journey to 190" and I mean that in the deepest sense. This is literally a journey for me. Everyday, I am determined to learn more about my body. Which is why I don't mind taking risks, failing, or even taking a step backwards. It's the only way to reach my ultimate potential. In the long run, I know this will be to my benefit. My ultimate goal is that in the future, I will be able to manipulate my body so quick and so powerfully, that it will just shock people. I want to be able to anticipate it's every response. And so the journey continues!!
You have such a great attitude. You really make this website a great place to be, Thanks.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 01-16-2009, 06:34 PM

Thanks, commander! Appreciate the support!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 01-16-2009, 08:13 PM

Case in point of making adjustments on the fly: going to train again tomorrow with layne and school gym, so going to do back, chest, tibialis tomorrow night. He is doin legs again. Not sure about tris, might do some tonight. But tonight probably do some HIIT cardio.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 01-17-2009, 04:34 AM

As painful as it is for me to say this...I think I am going to have to...break from back squats. My hip is killing me, and that is the only thing that hurts it. I talked to layne and he said Ben Myers tour his labrum when having similar issues...I could not stomach that. Layne suggested box squats, think I might give that a try.

I just have to be smart, you know? It's just not worth having a major injury and setting myself back for months...still, I am pretty pissed because my squats are exploding. Well in the 400s on my lifts. Now they will suck. Curse you injuries!!!!!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 01-17-2009, 09:56 PM
misterjaydubyoo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Sorry to hear that, but stay positive. You are focused and nothing will stand in your way of reaching your goals!

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...urrent=445.mp4
Old 01-17-2009, 10:15 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

definitely stay positive...when we come to an obstacle we figure a way around it...that's what you will do...you will find a way

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity