The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro! - Page 50 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 12-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

I had a real hard time warming up today on legs, and I kind of felt my ROM was not as good as usual. But I was very strong. I have neglected my stretches, so I got a really good stretching section at the end of my workout to try and improve this issue.

THIGHS HEAVY, DEADS POWER

Squats - did 3-4 mins active recovery between sets on stationary bike
135 - 3 *10
225*5
275*5
315*5
335*5
365*5 - This was stongear than my last workout. I could have gone heavier, but because I was a little tight, I thought it was better not to
315*10

Lunges dumbbell alternating (reps are total, not individual)
25*10
35*10
50*6
75*6
90*6

Then leg extensions and hamstring curls several sets. And then abductor and adductor machine several sets heavy.

Closed it out with power on deads w/ decline sit-ups in-between.

135*5
185*5, 5
225*5, 5

Really effective workout.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:17 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I had a real hard time warming up today on legs, and I kind of felt my ROM was not as good as usual. But I was very strong. I have neglected my stretches, so I got a really good stretching section at the end of my workout to try and improve this issue.

THIGHS HEAVY, DEADS POWER

Squats - did 3-4 mins active recovery between sets on stationary bike
135 - 3 *10
225*5
275*5
315*5
335*5
365*5 - This was stongear than my last workout. I could have gone heavier, but because I was a little tight, I thought it was better not to
315*10

Lunges dumbbell alternating (reps are total, not individual)
25*10
35*10
50*6
75*6
90*6

Then leg extensions and hamstring curls several sets. And then abductor and adductor machine several sets heavy.

Closed it out with power on deads w/ decline sit-ups in-between.

135*5
185*5, 5
225*5, 5

Really effective workout.
strong squat Gabe...we need to get a video up of your squat...you make it look like a light stroll in the park.

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Old 12-20-2008, 02:56 AM
President Wilson is hard at work
Administrator

Question

LOL,

half way up your warm up is my max set Gabe. You are a freaking animal I swear.

Yeh I def want to film him

About me --> http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/presidentprofile.html
Old 12-21-2008, 05:23 AM

Thanks, guys!

Brutal day. Flew back home to cali...still managed two great workouts.

5 oclock in the morning: 10 mins warm up stationary bike, 20 minutes HIIT on stationary bike (15 sec sprint, 45 low), followed by 20 mins low intensity on elliptical.

Then flew forever, got home and trained chest, delts, traps hypertrophy. GREAT Pump today. The usual 1 min rest.

5 sets flat dumbbell press (100 2*10, 85*8, 75*8, 55*15) w/ pushups (10 reps, stop and go on each rep)
5 sets barbell upright rows (95 2*10, 75 2*10, 55*15) w/ side laterals (15 lbs, held statically on each rep for second, really light)
3 sets dips (peak, hold on bottom), w/ incline dumbbell flys 30s, hold stretch position w/ flys for 30-60 secs. Brutal!
3 sets dumbbell press (85*10, 75*10, 65*10), w/ bent over laterals (20s), w/ barbell supine grip front raises (just the 45 lb bar)
3 sets front barbell shrugs w/ behind back (135) w/ dumbbell shrugs (55s) w/ neck towel raises on all sides of neck

Then I jogged up a hill and down 10 times, and walked up and down 5. Took about 20 mins total.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Ordo Ab Chao is SHEIKO
Lightweight

Do you feel the active recovery between sets helps you any more than just 3-4 minutes rest? It sounds like a good idea to clear lactic acid, but it could also be fatiguing.

Also, welcome back to the bay
Old 12-21-2008, 09:50 AM
President Wilson is hard at work
Administrator

Because it is so low intensity essentially it is strong enough to raise circulation and 02 utilization without causing fatigue. From my understanding it translates to up to a 20 % increase in performance as opposed to any decraments

About me --> http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/presidentprofile.html
Old 12-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Fahsy should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

I'm impressed Gabe! I usually take the day off when I travel and you got not one but 2 workouts in! That's dedication!
Old 12-21-2008, 04:23 PM

Thanks, Chris! I am looking forward to my active recovery day on tuesday...I'll need it!

The active recover has worked phenomenal. It's not fatiguing at all. Its basically like walking. For legs all I do is go on a bike, put it on the lowest level, and move for 4 minutes. When I do my set of squats, its kind of weird. My mind thinks I will not be able to do as much, but my legs are stronger then my initial perception. I can actually feel less hindrance from metabolites like lactic acid that are usually around. Definitely give it a try and see how it goes. And as Jake said, the study I source in my AR article here in JHR, from the journal of strength and conditioning research, showed that there was a 20% increase in squat performance when doing 4 mins of low intensity biking between sets.

Again, only do this on your heavy days. Its actually a good thing to build up those metabolites on your hypertrophy days, as you know.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 12-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Thanks, Chris! I am looking forward to my active recovery day on tuesday...I'll need it!

The active recover has worked phenomenal. It's not fatiguing at all. Its basically like walking. For legs all I do is go on a bike, put it on the lowest level, and move for 4 minutes. When I do my set of squats, its kind of weird. My mind thinks I will not be able to do as much, but my legs are stronger then my initial perception. I can actually feel less hindrance from metabolites like lactic acid that are usually around. Definitely give it a try and see how it goes. And as Jake said, the study I source in my AR article here in JHR, from the journal of strength and conditioning research, showed that there was a 20% increase in squat performance when doing 4 mins of low intensity biking between sets.

Again, only do this on your heavy days. Its actually a good thing to build up those metabolites on your hypertrophy days, as you know.
Very interesting stuff, I feel like I read most of the JHR articles, but sometimes I must overlook or forget stuff so I am glad you referenced that.

And thanks to the great journals we have going on in the forums, I feel like I get new info and ideas on a regular basis. I'm definitely going to try this on a heavy day.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 12-22-2008, 04:20 PM

Awesome, anxious to hear how you like it!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies