The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro! - Page 5 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 09-23-2007, 04:20 PM
richnewton is tired.
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro!

Hey sorry didn't see your post -
I teach Highschool Math =)
Old 09-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Bahir is on a diet of scrambled eggs and CC
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro!

Man, it's inspiring to hear of people so dedicated to subject like bodybuilding and all that it is connected to. I'm sure you'll play a key part taking the game to a higher level some day, Venom.

While I'm at it, what is your opinion on DC training? I've been thinking of things to switch over to from my DUP program, and the rest-pausing and 3 workouts a week sound really good, at least for now.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Dzoni should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Wow! Miss a day or two in the "Journal" section and you miss Venoms journal being filled with a ton and a half of information. Thanks guys, very great info and inspiring to read.

Bahir, can I get some info out of you? Your stats and experience regarding body building.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Awesome, O.S!

I do something similar on the seated lat pull-down. I put my legs up and row back. I'll have to try that out.

Thanks for stopping by and the kind words, Bahir!

I have talked to Dzoni and Fahsy about that program quite a bit. I think it is solid; particularly for strength gains. I watched several of Fahsy's workouts live, and they are extremely hard-core. Its basically do or die each and every workout, so be prepared for some hard-core lifting.

I think giving it a try would be just fine. Then you might flow into an hypertrophy cycle after you are happy with your strength gains. I would talk to those two for more details while you do it.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Dzoni should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
and they are extremely hard-core. Its basically do or die each and every workout, so be prepared for some hard-core lifting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, really gotta have the mindset. Have to enjoy the fact that you're dry reaching in the parking lot, BEFORE entering the gym! Haha.

Hey, Venom. I'll hook you up with something. Check the PM!
Old 09-25-2007, 01:46 AM
Fahsy should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
I watched several of Fahsy's workouts live, and they are extremely hard-core. Its basically do or die each and every workout, so be prepared for some hard-core lifting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the kind words Gabe!

You're working pretty **** hard yourself.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:11 PM

Thanks, bro!

Had a couple of great sessions today. In the morning I did old schools trap and delt workout, phase 3 for each. On this phase he absolutely blasts the rear delts. Its a fantastic workout.

Then I just did back and calves:

Seated unilateral pull downs 3 sets, 1 strip on first 2, tripple drop on the last set - started out with 4 plates and a 10 on either side, went down in weight each set.

3 sets Incline face forward dumbbell rows - 80 pound dumbbells, stripped all the way down on the last set

3 sets lat pull down machine, variation in which I put my feet up on the stand and retract my scapulae like a bent over row. Great for the middle back. Did another strip on the last set

I did some shrugs here as part of old schools trap routine that I could not do in the morning. Consisted of 4 sets barbell shrugs, with 1 strip on each set, partial reps on the strip for 60 seconds. Great pump

Strip all the way down to from 90-40 pound dumbbells on bent over rows

Behind the neck pull downs 3 set, strip at the end

4 sets of seated cable rows. This felt great; I maxed it out at 300.

Then I did calves. Got myself pumped up with harvest of sorrow by metallica, and did a huge ascending strip on incline calve raises.

I think that was everything for back, but I may have missed something. But I don't think so...
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:31 PM

Very good set of workouts yesterday. Did 20 minutes of HIIT in the morning, followed by 20 minutes of moderate intensity cardio.

At night I did chest triceps. I got to workout with Fahsy for part of my chest workout, so that gave me a boast of energy!

I did strips on the following exercises

Incline dumbbell
Incline free weight machine press
flat press machine

4 sets incline fly machine

Incline Bench
5 sets

Low Cable crossovers
3 sets

High Cable crossovers
1 set

then for triceps:

5 sets heavy seated tricep press down machine (maxed out)
Strip on over head tricep extensions

Good workout! I am feeling very good right now, and everything is going well.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 09-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Fahsy should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
Good workout! I am feeling very good right now, and everything is going well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could tell! Looking leaner and bigger over the past 2 months!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Bahir is on a diet of scrambled eggs and CC
Light-Heavyweight

The people calls for picture updates!