The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro! - Page 41 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 11-10-2008, 08:25 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

for those who haven't seen Gabe in person...i just saw him again this past weekend and the dude has put on some serious size since the last time i saw him in May. Gabe my brotha...you're next CHAMP

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Old 11-11-2008, 01:58 AM
President Wilson is hard at work
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-work4andro View Post
for those who haven't seen Gabe in person...i just saw him again this past weekend and the dude has put on some serious size since the last time i saw him in May. Gabe my brotha...you're next CHAMP
I know it, everytime I see Gabe he has grown and gotton stronger!

About me --> http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/presidentprofile.html
Old 11-12-2008, 04:13 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Thanks, guys! Means a lot. :-)

I had an extra 150 cals via oatmeal last couple of days. Not a big deal...turns out to give me a 7. Still working on the diet, so we'll see.

Did legs heavy. I am combining deads on squats day. I just can't recovery my lower back enough if I do them on seperate days. I really would prefer to do them on seperate days because they both take so much focus but as off yet I can't figure out how w/o compromising my training frequency. So I just am trying to suck it up and kill myself on these days. They are by far my hardesdt workouts.

I worked up to 460 on deads, 365 on squats (was pretty fatigued after deads + occluded leg extensions prior). I felt so good on deads. The power is awesome when you lift heavy. Next time I go heavy I will go 480 at the end. And then the preceding workout, the plan is to go 5 plates aside! That would be sweet! I have gone that heavy on rack deads before, but never floor deads. So it will be a major accomplishment, if...or rather WHEN I do it.

I am still not in a zone mentally on my program. I am hoping to peak within the next 2 weeks. Just keep progressively challenging myself daily and getting more dialed in on my program. After I feel I am in that zone, I plan on really taking things to another level and setting a lot of performance goals for myself to reach.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I worked up to 460 on deads, 365 on squats (was pretty fatigued after deads + occluded leg extensions prior). I felt so good on deads. The power is awesome when you lift heavy. Next time I go heavy I will go 480 at the end. And then the preceding workout, the plan is to go 5 plates aside! That would be sweet! I have gone that heavy on rack deads before, but never floor deads. So it will be a major accomplishment, if...or rather WHEN I do it.
Uh... 365 on squats after deads and you are not in the zone Kind of embarrassed to update my journal for my deads yesterday now

Sounds like your diet is going great Gabe! And yeh, once you get that momentum going its like bolder going down hill!

Old 11-13-2008, 04:29 AM

Delts/traps heavy

Dumbbell shoulder press - I remember big J (ugg, now that jake is back on this can get confused...I am referring to Jeremy!) saying he increased his ROM on shoulders and I think chest? So that motivated me to do the same for my delts. Typically I flex my elbows at a 90 degree angle; any lower has caused elbow issues. But I feel good now, so I am going all the way down. I anticipated that my strenght would be lower so I went up slowly...suprisingly, I was really strong.

80*5, 85*5, 90*5, 95*5,100*2. And few burnout sets. I was really suprised I was able to go that heavy, I am thinking that going lower may allow me to lift heavier once I adapt, because I can build up more cross bridges on the eccentric portion. Plus I will grow larger!!!
Upright rows - 100*6, 120*, 130*4, 140*2, 150*2. Then went back down like that.
Reverse pec dec flys - pyramided up and down same ways as above, maxed out machine for 6.
Dumbbell shrugs - similar scheme, went all the way up to 130s.

I am trying something unique for me. I am going less variety in my exercises, and higher volume per exercise. I like this a lot. It allows me to really focus on each exercise and completely destroy the muscle.

I took a lot of rest between sets, always do on heavy days like this.

Did some sprints on bike 20 mins, and then 30 mins elliptical earlier today.

I am still not peaked mentally, but I am getting closer everyday. My affect when I get in the gym is great, and I feel really energetic. Diet was another 7; I need to up my cals a little. They are too low I think.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:09 AM

Chest heavy

Only had 1 hour to work so had to be really focused. I worked up to 125s in similar style as previous workouts for 4 reps. Felt good. Then I did several sets of pec dec flys maxed out. Then only had time for 10 mins of HIIT on stair climber. I also did 5 mins occluded calves on treadmill pre...that was insane!!

Definitely feel like I am back now, mentally. I got my program and diet pretty much down, so starting tomorrow I expect nothing but perfection.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 11-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Administrator

I like what i am hearing brother. You got your game face on!

Old 11-16-2008, 01:12 AM

Thighs hypertrophy - 1 minute rest between all sets

dead lifts - 315 - 5 sets * 10 reps- my lumbar region was so blasted after this I had to take around 30 minutes just to recover before squats.
Occlusion leg extensions 5 sets
occlusion incline calve raise machine 4 sets
Squats - 315*10, 285 2 * 10, 225 2*10, all super setted with weighted smith machine sissy squats
adductor machine 5 sets
occluded reverse calve raises

10 mins hiit stair stepper, 300 cals elliptical

One major issue I have w/ doing squats and deads in the same workout, is that I have no energy for anything else. Besides some isolation movements. And I really think other exercises like leg press and lunges are important. So I am splitting legs up into two sessions; this one, and the second one I'll do tomorrow morning where I do lunges, leg press, and a few other isolation movements.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 11-16-2008, 01:12 AM

I did arms hypertrophy this morning, too. Was a good session. May post details some other time.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 11-17-2008, 04:10 AM

delts hypertrophy finish legs - 1 min rest between sets

dumbbell shoulder press 80 2 sets *10 reps, 75 *10, 70*10, 65*12
barbell upright rows 100 3*10, w/ dumbbell shrugs; then a strip set

I decided to just include one giant set in-between delts for thighs to finish them. Should allow my delts to recovery, get a good GH rise, and quickly finish my legs off

3 giant sets: front squats 135*12, dumbbell lunges 50 lbs w/ leg press 5 plates aside, w/ abductor machine w/ hamstring curls

4 *10 135 on seated military press w/ l-later concentric, side lateral eccentric; 95 *15 last set
reverse pec dec flys w/ plate neck raises w/ machine shrugs 4 sets

Then 20 mins elliptical.

Did some sprints outside at night...it was cold so I bundled up. It's fun sprinting in cold as long as you have right clothing on.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies