The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro! - Page 15 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 04-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Default Re: The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro!

Hey, Jeremy and dalvare!

Welcome to the site J. Really glad to have you here.

I'll give a quick update...

Things are going pretty darn good w/ my training right now. I am just starting my cut and really feel like I am learning some new stuff on my body. Hope to see some really good results within the next month here.

Right now I am doing a modified 4th horse. I basically follow the split, but I am coming up with the workouts. I.E. i'll do heavy legs like it says, but just make up my own exercise, sets, etc. It's a nice variation. For me the hardest part of training is the split, because it is very difficult to hit a muscle group frequently enough without writing it down on paper. So the split is making things a lot easier on me.

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/4thhorseindex.php

Mon-fri i can't really do a weight workout in the morning; just not enough time with my school schedule. But that has been ok. I have been doing some sprints and a little low intensity cardio outside my house in the mornings. Then I kill the gym at night. Weekends, I usually do 2 a days for weights.

Research is going really well in lab. I pretty much have my thesis research set. I just need to start writing some grants here and get things rolling. Plus Layne Norton is doing some phenomenal research on protein that I am equally interested in. Will do some great research together for yrs to come!

I went to a bodybuilding contest last night in Ottawa Illinois, it was very inspiring. Need to go to those more often.

Lastly, if you have not done blood occlusion training, please stop everything you are doing, pick up some elbow wraps and knee wraps, and go do it! I guarantee you WILL grow. There is a post about this in the research forum for those interested. Also, layne, jake and i wrote an article in ironman april edition on this.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:08 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

Default Re: The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro!

Hey Gabe...i just finished up a powerpoint on occlusion training. I was wondering if you had enough time to look through it for me. if so, i'll email it...i know you're extremely busy so it won't hurt my feelings if you don't have the time. Thanks in advance.

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Old 04-15-2008, 12:13 AM

love to! let me know if there is anything particular I should look for.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:01 AM
Professor of Pain!!

excellent, it has been sent

Old 04-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Professor of Pain!!

did you say you emailed me feedback? if you've already sent it i didn't get it for some reason.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:04 AM

i'll send it tomorrow. have a document on my school comp.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 04-17-2008, 01:27 AM
Professor of Pain!!

thanks bro...you know i appreciate it

Old 04-18-2008, 11:14 PM

Going to start posting more frequently here. Big J inspired me!

My program is going really well right now. I'm over 210, which is pretty big for my frame. I want to get down towards 190. So got my work cut (no pun intended!) out for me. I should be very cut at that weight.

Going somewhat instinctive on my split right now. I was telling the Wizard of Fahs yesterday that my split is floating. I don't like confining myself to 7 days. I.E. I have to train legs every monday and friday. What I find is i end up either having too much recovery or not enough very often, when I confine myselfs to those types of weekly splits. So the floating split ignores the weekly schedule, and looks at things over a 9-10 day time span. I.E. 3 times training over 9 days. I like this because after certain days I need more rest, and others I need less. I.E. I might take 4 days rest after a brutal heavy workout, but only a couple after an explosive routine that does not cause as much muscle damage.

Any how, did this today:

Back heavy, calves hypertrophy

5 minute warm up elliptical

Full deads: 4 plates 3*3.

- I have not done heavy full deads in a while. I am working my way up on here. I have had injuries in the past doing deads to heavy to frequently. So I'm really going conservative, taking my time, and going non-failure. Don't like going to failure on lifts like this, because your form starts to slip, and movements like deads are unforgiving with bad form. Just not worth it. I have learned my body really well and working just below that injury threshold.

2 sets wide alternated w/ 2 sets close pull-downs - 230 pounds

4 sets incline calve raise machine - blood occlusion training.

T-bar row machine 5 plates *6 - that was super heavy. Then did 2 sets w/ 4 plates.
Single dumbbell pull-overs - 85 pounds. Went lighter on this because I have not done it in forever. I have injured my pecs on this in the past by not properly warming up. So I'm really cautious. I'll progressively work up on this. Super setted w/ lying leg raises. Trying to bring out my intercostals and abs here.

- Seated reverse plate calve raises - blood occlusion 4 sets

- Venom rows, w/ single dumbbell deads, w/ hyper extensions. 150 pound dumbbells (top in gym) 2 sets, then 120 to burn out. did 2 plates w/ hypers

Took a quick break here to collect my thoughts. Then closed it out with a few sets of seated calve, no occlusion this time.

5 minute cool down on elliptical, and static stretching at the end.

You'll notice I alternate body parts here. I.E. I'll do back, calves, back, calves. This is a great way to optimize performance for your body parts. It allows the back to recovery, while hitting calves, and visa versa. So you get the most out of each set.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 04-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Professor of Pain!!

YEAHHHHHHHH BUDDY. GABE IN THE HOUSE. can't wait to see you cut it up...you know that first email that never got to me, lol, well it showed up today...gotta love cyberspace

Old 04-19-2008, 06:43 PM

Better late than never!

Did not feel my best today. I had a real hard-core week of dieting and training. But still sucked it up and got a good stimulus on my muscles.

Delt / traps / neck hypertrophy, biceps shock

3 set dumbbell shoulder - 90, 85, 80, 3*10 w/ incline side lateral raises
barbell upright rows w/ behind neck presses - 3*10
Front barbell shrugs w/ behind the back 3 sets
3 sets one arm side lateral raises
3 sets reverse dec flys w/ front dumbbell raises
3 standing dumbbell shrugs
Strip on double bicep cable curls
Neck work w/ plate curls

That was an effective workout. Happy that I was able to suck it up.

Tonight I'll probably just do some light walking. Plan on doing legs tomorrow so hopefully I'll feel better.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies