The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro! - Page 11 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 12-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Default Re: The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro!

Things are coming together well with my program. My strength seems to be responding very well. Yesterday I did 120 on flat dumbbell (pecs are feeling good!) then today I did 100 on french press several times, and 3 100's, and 3 45s aside on the leg press, among other lifts. So I'm glad how that is going.

Today I did occlusion training with knee wraps for the first time, from Layne Nortons recommendation. They are absolutely fantastic! I got the pump of my life.

I'll post more on my diet and such once I finish up finals here and start my winter break. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:34 AM

Default Re: The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro!

I'd like to design an 8 week thigh / calve program over the winter "break." I'd have to do it first before its published, like I did the 4th horse. You guys will have to keep me to my word here!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:00 AM

Actually, now I am strongly considering putting together a complete 12 week diet, supplementation, and training bulk program! We'll see, I already have a rough game plan for it! I have learned so many new dieting and training techniques, that I really want to see what results I would get on a very tightly monitored bulk.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 12-19-2007, 03:39 AM
bigpapa2126 should change his/her status!
Rookie

hey bro, where's the updates? We need some of that inspiration!
Old 12-19-2007, 06:48 AM

Ok! Where I am at now is that I just finished finals, and I am back home in cali with the Jake! I am testing out a lot of different things on my training; particularly with occlusion training. I can't begin to tell you guys how awesome this method is. If you have not done it, do it! The best method is using knee wraps.

We plan on getting a lot off things done during this 3 week break on training, bodybuilding, and hopefully wraping up our ABC projects to be released. My hope is to start a really hard-core bulk starting January 6th, the day after I return to Illinois.

Its great to be back home!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 12-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Rookie

good to hear venom...do you know of a good source to read about the occlusion training? I don't think I saw it under the abc articles...maybe I missed it
Old 12-19-2007, 04:06 PM

Behold, the blood occlusion mother load lol!

Kraemer, W. J., Adams, K., Cafarelli, E., Dudley, G. A., Dooly, C., Feigenbaum, M. S., Fleck, S. J., Franklin, B., Fry, A. C., Hoffman, J. R., Newton, R. U., Potteiger, J., Stone, M. H., Ratamess, N. A., and Triplett-McBride, T. (2002) American College of Sports Medicine position stand. Progression models in resistance training for healthy adults. Medicine and science in sports and exercise 34, 364-380
2. McDonagh, M. J., and Davies, C. T. (1984) Adaptive response of mammalian skeletal muscle to exercise with high loads. European journal of applied physiology and occupational physiology 52, 139-155
3. Takarada, Y., Nakamura, Y., Aruga, S., Onda, T., Miyazaki, S., and Ishii, N. (2000) Rapid increase in plasma growth hormone after low-intensity resistance exercise with vascular occlusion. J Appl Physiol 88, 61-65
4. McCall, G. E., Byrnes, W. C., Fleck, S. J., Dickinson, A., and Kraemer, W. J. (1999) Acute and chronic hormonal responses to resistance training designed to promote muscle hypertrophy. Canadian journal of applied physiology = Revue canadienne de physiologie appliquee 24, 96-107
5. Meyer, R. A. (2006) Does blood flow restriction enhance hypertrophic signaling in skeletal muscle? J Appl Physiol 100, 1443-1444
6. Burgomaster, K. A., Moore, D. R., Schofield, L. M., Phillips, S. M., Sale, D. G., and Gibala, M. J. (2003) Resistance training with vascular occlusion: metabolic adaptations in human muscle. Medicine and science in sports and exercise 35, 1203-1208
7. Abe, T., Kearns, C. F., and Sato, Y. (2006) Muscle size and strength are increased following walk training with restricted venous blood flow from the leg muscle, Kaatsu-walk training. J Appl Physiol 100, 1460-1466
8. Takarada, Y., Takazawa, H., Sato, Y., Takebayashi, S., Tanaka, Y., and Ishii, N. (2000) Effects of resistance exercise combined with moderate vascular occlusion on muscular function in humans. J Appl Physiol 88, 2097-2106
9. Takarada, Y., Sato, Y., and Ishii, N. (2002) Effects of resistance exercise combined with vascular occlusion on muscle function in athletes. European journal of applied physiology 86, 308-314
10. Fujita, S., Abe, T., Drummond, M. J., Cadenas, J. G., Dreyer, H. C., Sato, Y., Volpi, E., and Rasmussen, B. B. (2007) Blood flow restriction during low-intensity resistance exercise increases S6K1 phosphorylation and muscle protein synthesis. J Appl Physiol 103, 903-910
11. Takano, H., Morita, T., Iida, H., Asada, K., Kato, M., Uno, K., Hirose, K., Matsumoto, A., Takenaka, K., Hirata, Y., Eto, F., Nagai, R., Sato, Y., and Nakajima, T. (2005) Hemodynamic and hormonal responses to a short-term low-intensity resistance exercise with the reduction of muscle blood flow. European journal of applied physiology 95, 65-73
12. Kraemer, W. J., Gordon, S. E., Fleck, S. J., Marchitelli, L. J., Mello, R., Dziados, J. E., Friedl, K., Harman, E., Maresh, C., and Fry, A. C. (1991) Endogenous anabolic hormonal and growth factor responses to heavy resistance exercise in males and females. International journal of sports medicine 12, 228-235
13. Kraemer, W. J., Marchitelli, L., Gordon, S. E., Harman, E., Dziados, J. E., Mello, R., Frykman, P., McCurry, D., and Fleck, S. J. (1990) Hormonal and growth factor responses to heavy resistance exercise protocols. J Appl Physiol 69, 1442-1450
14. Hakkinen, K., and Pakarinen, A. (1993) Acute hormonal responses to two different fatiguing heavy-resistance protocols in male athletes. J Appl Physiol 74, 882-887
15. Gosselink, K. L., Grindeland, R. E., Roy, R. R., Zhong, H., Bigbee, A. J., Grossman, E. J., and Edgerton, V. R. (1998) Skeletal muscle afferent regulation of bioassayable growth hormone in the rat pituitary. J Appl Physiol 84, 1425-1430
16. Kawada, S., and Ishii, N. (2005) Skeletal muscle hypertrophy after chronic restriction of venous blood flow in rats. Medicine and science in sports and exercise 37, 1144-1150
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 12-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Rookie

dear god lol I was looking for more of a general overview...abc style ha ha I've got to warn you though, as soon as i'm able to send PMs, it's on
Old 12-19-2007, 07:00 PM

Fahsy made a thread in the scientific article forum that may help. And Layne Norton, Jake and I wrote a article on it recently that we are going to submit to a magazine. We'll keep you guys informed on that.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 12-22-2007, 03:39 AM
Fahsy should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Hey Gabe, how's training out in Cali?