Massacre of Iron - Airbornes enroute! - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 07-03-2007, 12:50 AM
airborneninja should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Re: Rip off 300 workout

2 JULY,

An in between day I have no clean PT uniform to run in so I had to opt for weights (they don't let us run in whatever out here :/)

I did biceps since my regular workout routine doesn't hit those too hard. Heres how it turned out.

Barbell curls w/ armblaster x10 x10 x10
Crossover Curls x10 x10 x10
21's x10 x10 x10
Resistance from partner on a rope extension while on a preachers bench for one set of hardcore failure!
Seated incline curls x10 x10 x10
Behind the back barbell wrist curls x15
wrung the rope up x2
reverse curls x15

After that we went on to do Abs for
Leg lifts x20 x20 x20
Incline sit ups x20 x20 x20
flat legged situps x20 x20 x20
Round the world -- exercise with a medicine ball (light) between your legs do 10 reps of circular motions with your legs then 10 reps of leg raises then drop the ball do 10 jack knifes and 10 leg raises. Did 1 set of that, also we keep our hands under out butts and our heads off the ground during this exercise and never let our feet touch.

All in all it was a decently quick workout whenever one person finished the other immediatly went. Felt pretty good!
Old 07-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Bantamweight

3 JULY, I had a duty on this night which was very last minute so not only did I not get to work out I was forced to miss a run I signed up and paid for a month ago! grahhh

4 JULY, Took my workout buddy in today so didn't keep time but-

25 pullups
50 deadlifts w/ 135
50 '24 box jumps
50 push ups (messed up did boxxes first!)
50 floor sweepers
50 clean and press w/ 35 lb dumb bells
50 pushups
50 french press and squats w/ 35 lb dumb bell
25 pulls ups.

The one thing I noticed today was those pullups came even easier than normal and I didn't get near as torn up from the workout. It was a little slower though since I had a friend distracting me hehe.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
Old 07-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Bantamweight

5 July Morning --
Did a 3 mile run this morning felt fantastic! Then I finished with 3 sets of 40 pushups and 12 pullups.

5 July Night --
Tonight I broke down and did a Chest/Triceps workout although I wasn't too hard on myself as far as duration. Still felt good to do it again and I wanted to know if I was losing strength which it seems like im not.
Bench Press x10 x8 xfailure
----SUPERSETTED----
Flat DumbBell Press x10 x10 xfailure
Skull Crushers (flat) x10 x10 xfailure
-------------------
----SUPERSETTED----
Cable Crossovers x12 x12 xfailure
One arm cable pulldowns x12 x10 xfailure
-------------------
----SUPERSETTED----
Pushups x50
Behind the back dips (weightless) x25
-------------------

All in all it went pretty well [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Bantamweight

Ok so last few days im slow to update so gotta do a brain drain to try to remember all this! Anyways theres no way ill remember times or anything like that now, I don't write them down just usually post right after I do a workout so this will be vague at best! On a side note I work nights so my night workout is after waking up before work my morning workout is right after work as not to confuse anyone :P

I'll just update for this week so far.
8 July Night -- 300 workout -- Don't remember what exactly I did I just remember that it went much smoother. Actually got my 50 box jumps all non stop this time. I noticed I was much less sore after the deadlifts this time and I had a much easier time doing that dealifts than before. I had a 2 day rest off this workout or so if I remember right.
9 July Morning -- Did a 2 mile run then my mp3 player died so I called it and did a great ab workout doing small sets of 20 reps 30 seconds rest between each set did about 400 reps in all or so. Felt good, some was weighted towards the end bust most of the workout wasn't. I especially liked the burn bridging off a flat bench with my lower back on it then putting my arms above my head and coming up like that so that the bench worked kind of in the same way a swiss ball would. Burned like crazy!

9 July Night -- Ran 3.5 miles at a decent pace today then did a short ab workout, nothing serious and it wasn't so much abs as just working on situps.
x30
x30
x30
Had 30 seconds rest between sets they were unweighted and the pace was moderate at best.
10 July Morning -- Did a biceps workout it wasn't bad had 1 minute rests between sets
Dumb Bell curls x12 x10 x8
Crossover curls? x10 x10 x10
(held my arms in front and curled the weight up in front of my body to touch my shoulder, so its like a sideways curl almost. zottman curls? I don't know the name of these)
EZ bar curls x12 x10 x8
21s x21! x21! x21!
Pullups xfailure xfailure

10 July Night -- Worked out some chest tonight as opposed to the usual run or 300 workout. I'll make up or pay for it no doubt hehe. Doing chest really wasn't all that bad I wanted to know also if I'd lost anything with how hard i'd been working or if im maintaining or getting stronger. Its hard to say since I haven't done a chest workout in so long but it seemed ok, ill log some numbers and try to track it next time.

Bench Press 225 x10 245 x7 225 x8
Incline Bench Press 185 x7 180 x8 180 x8 (this was dissapointing!
Decline Bench Press 205 x8 185 x10 185 x10
Incline DumbBell Press 60lb dbs x10 x10 x10
Chest Fly Machine 145lbs x15 x15 x15
Pushups xfailure xfailure
Swiss ball crunches (gym I went to had a swiss ball [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])
x15 x15 x15

I wanted to do some cable flies too but the machine had 4 people on it so I didn't even bother trying to work into that mess. All in all I was a little dissapointed because of the incline decline but it wasn't that bad, could of just been because I have been slacking lately on incline and decline. I'll make up for it for sure!

Anyways its now 11 July Morning and this is as far as I've come, I'll update soon 12 July Night I should be hitting the 300 workout again full force if everything goes as planned.

So far I've been making noticable cuts ive slimmed down my diet some and i eat 4 small meals a day as compared to 3 moderate ones. I also drink tons of fluids when I go to chow and supplement myself with a protein shake between our midnight chow and breakfast, breakfast and workout then I have a post workout one about 30 minutes before lunch. That typically leaves me barely wanting to eat which isn't too bad since I go to sleep maybe an hour after lunch.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Bantamweight

Dun dun dun!
11 July morning
I got caught at work for 3 more hours and then wimped out and went to bed lol, exciting I know. I like to think those extra 3 hours at least kept me active =P

11 July Night --
Short on time again today so I just did a 3 mile run followed by
Pullups xfailure xfailure xfailure
and then some unweighted squats and serious stretching once I got into work. Stretching afterwards always helps me feel alot better -- maybe im getting old!?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Bantamweight

12 July Night --
Today I did some serious abs, did 20 reps for 3 sets of each exercise 30 seconds rest went up to 400 reps. Afterwards did about 10 minutes of stretching.

My workout is starting to dwindle off but im still staying steady on the diet/cardio. Just gotta keep pushing the weights routine harder! Feeling dead today debating if I will run in the morning or just sit it out and feel good enough for tommorow night which will be the 500 again.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:42 AM
Bantamweight

OH MANNN
13 July Morning --
Still dead rested up ate some food hoping to feel better by.....

13 July Night --
Against my bodies will I entered the gym tonight and decided to unleash the fury on it. Unfortunatly my body just kind of decided it wouldn't play along. Part way through my workout I started feeling a pain in upper back and one in my obliques, I ignored it temporarily then I decided to just fall back. Im thinking I have pushed my body to its limits. I have been doing the 300/500 for about a month and did get some decent toning/weight loss but the sheer exhaustion of it has caught up to me. Possibly from how I combine regular workouts and running in the middle now since I was able to pull it off earlier in the routine.

This workout was extremely hard at first and got easier and easier every time until I was convinced I could do more. Much to my suprise I did retain alot of strength doing this workout although I did keep a high protein diet. I've decided to go ahead and write a new workout to gear myself in a more traditional style towards weightlifting/cardio -- I will probably add the 300 once a week or maybe once every 2 weeks though as when you have energy and finish it you feel great afterwards! Anyways someday ill post some pics of the before after of that workout for a month. I wanna wait for something better than the typical 1-2 kb/s connection we get out here =P.

So onwards with the beef tonight got cut short I was alerted out of the gym to do something =/

Pullups x25
Deadlifts 135 x50
Pushups x50
Box Jumps x50
Floor Wipers x I don't know I didn't finish these though this is where I moved on from and did triceps
Incline Skull Crushers 85 x12 105 x10 105 x10
Skull Crushers Flat 85 x10 85 x10 85 x10
Triceps Kickbacks Supersetted with Overhead Extension (DB)
25 x10 x10 x10
I did 10 for the kickbacks and extension, everything here wasn't to failure since my body was fighting me tonight. It has been a poor night taking my defeat, hopefully I will find that motivation to rise up and crush this!

Oh, diets still going good. If I get time tonight I'll start a fitday. My idea of a diet is pretty horrible though lol.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Bantamweight

14 July, NIGHT
Today came in I still have the malfunction that I cannot do anything without moving non stop or having some form of cardio hehe.

Started by running 3 miles roughly 21 minutes, after that I proceeded to the gym to try to re accustom myself to a strength legs workout. I have no new strength workout written so I just had to wing it. On a side note only had 30 minutes to do it in! I haven't really done legs for strength since I would say February... so it sucked hopefully I will gain exponentially in this area since I used to work it pretty heavy. Whatever my new workout is I will definitly focus alot on legs and deads.

Stretching (all in LBS)
Squats 135 x20 185 x15 205 x12 225 x10 185 x12
Deadlifts 135 x15 185 x10 185 x10 185 x7 (ouch!)
Good Mornings /w dumbbells (light) 45s x15 x15 x15
Calf Raises /w 80s x24 x24 x24
(On my calf raises I did a straight foot position then toes pointed out and then toes pointed in, 8 in each position.)

All in all it didn't phase me near as bad as when I do an intense session of legs for like an hour - hour and a half but still it was nice to be squatting again. Hopefully the embarrassment of those numbers will push me to crush legs. As if the embarrassment of not following my old workout until the end of august wasn't bad enough =P.

Tried a meal replacement bar that was chocolate chip cookie dough today on a side note, delicious! Whoever thought that up is a genius.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Bantamweight

15 JULY NIGHT --
2nd day back on regular strength plan lifting. Still no routine written out yet I'll get to it eventually. Tonight was shoulders/traps.

<font color="red">
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 45s x25 65s x10 65s x10
(This next exercise was 8 reps in each exercise for 3 sets with dumb bells)
Lateral Raise\Medial Raise\Overhead Press 25x8 25x8 25x8
Medial Cable Raises 30 x8 25 x12 25 x12
Bent Over Flies (DB) 20 x12 20 x12 20 x12
Barbell Shrugs 225 x12 225 x12 225 x12
!!!!!!!!SUPERSETS BELOW!!!!!!!!
Upright Rows 80 x15 80 x15 80 x12
Shrugs 80x8 80x8 80x8
</font>
Old 07-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Bantamweight

16 July Night --
Before my shift I busted out a measly 15 minutes of cycling with my heart rate around 127 which wasn't bad I guess (im 23). Unfortunatly I had to go on shift so I couldn't do much about that.

5 hours later that night...
<font color="red">
----BICEPS----
Standing Barbell Curls 95x10 105x7 95x9
Dumbbell curls (no twist) 35sx10 40sx9 40sx8
Standing Concentrated ez bar curls /w arm blaster (man that sounds way too complex) 75x15 75x14 75x12
Seated Incline DB Curls 30s x12 35s x10 35s x8
After those did a set with my buddy we sat on a preachers seat then the other person applied resistance down while the person sitting with his arm over the preachers curl pressed up. Basically just complete failure on all ends for that.
Behind the back curls 60xfailure
Reverse Curls 30xfailure
Pullups x20
</font>
Ran out of time so had to just hurry through forearms real fast =(
Felt good though, tonight I should finish a routine which I'll post at the top of this page hehe.