Suggestions for pregnancy - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Old 04-09-2007, 03:36 PM
thirsty_shepard is Makin' it Happen
Bantamweight

Default Suggestions for pregnancy

My wife and I are thinking about kids in the next year. I was wondering if any ladies out there have suggestions for my wife on things to do to prepare and to do while pregnant, and something for her to help recover from it?

I'm trying to get her to get into good shape before this to help her body deal with the changes she's about to go through. I don't have anything to support this, but I'm thinking your body preforms better with in peak condition.

I'm trying to be a "good supportive husband", but her lack of dedication to nutrition and exercises is very frustrating to me. She eats lots of simple carbs and empty calories, and does little to no cardio.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated even if you think I need to chill out and let her do her own thing. I'm completely open to suggestions here.
O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise. You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart,
O God, you will not despise.

Ps 51:15-17
NIV
Old 04-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Gnats Knackers should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Re: Suggestions for pregnancy

Well for once on these forums I can despense advice instead of needing it. My girlfriend is 4.5 months pregnant, and has had a rough time of it. She was quite fit from doing karate. The midwife can give you lots of advice and are very knowledgeable.

I have to admit that my gf's attitude to fitness and food is upsetting for me but I make sure that she has the right foods, lots of veg and fruit and spoil her once a week. Being supportive is the best thing, as long as nothing she does harms the baby (smoke/drink or drugs) then try cooking for her and helping her that way. Preparing for pregnancy I can't really help with we where told that it would take up to 3 months to get pregnant, we only had 3 days.

With regards to fitness, they say nothing to strain the baby and don't start running 5 miles a day if you didn't before you where pregnant. I'll make her go for a walk (if you have a dog, you can both take the dog for a walk) and a bike ride.

Good luck, I will try and help as much as I can.

I may have been no help, but I hope I have been a little.

P.S A few things to rememeber;
Its all your fault.
She WILL think shes fat and ugly.
Treat her like a princess.
And listen

Stats

Height : 6'8"
Weight : 99kgs
BF% : 14.6%
Old 04-17-2007, 05:41 PM
westlondonflex should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: Suggestions for pregnancy

Make sure she breast feeds. Not only is it better for the baby, she will burn of extra cals from producing milk