Need advice please! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Old 03-02-2007, 07:01 PM
KelB should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Need advice please!

Okay im new to all this so go easy on me lol!

Basicly, Im getting back into the whole gym thing after a few years of being very lazy, Iused to be very active (dancing/gym) but when I stopped well the tone all went and the llbs on! My b/f came on here last year and got some great advice!

I am looking to loose weight wise around 1/2 stone - 1 stone, to get to what I used to be, Exercise wise at the moment my main concern is my stomach, it used to be super tonne and is now just a blob! I have joined the local gym and been given a pregramme to follow which I have been for around 6 weeks, but to be honest I just dont think its working.

Workout (3x a week) sorry im not very technical with terms!

*10min on treadmill at a quick walk and the highest incline.
*8min on the x-trainer ant a prob moderate setting (7-8)

*2 x 10 sets of female style push-ups, with free weights (3kg)bringing them up to touch above my head every time I stand up afet a push up.
* 2x 10 squats with my back against a gym ball agaisnt the wall, using weights (3kg). lifting them horizontal as in doing them.
*2x10 leg streaches usinf a half gym ball and weights.
*2 x 10 torso twisted while sitting on a gym ball and one weight ,out horizontal.
*2x 10 leg raises for lower abs
*2x15 crunchies

Diet.

I have started to cut out junk during hte week and leave one day where if I want I can treat myself, typical day will consit of

B: Apple

L: Toast (wholemeal) bannana & apple

D: Baked potato, usualy with tuna, or chicken both plain.

Sancks: usualy some fruit

im 5'3, and around 140lbs.

Any help would be great and sorry for the long post, Id just like to get myself sorted out. Thanks
Old 03-03-2007, 02:31 AM
shellybelle should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Re: Need advice please!

ok. a couple of things...you definately need to get your diet in order. your probably not eating enough. a good article to read: http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/abcfaq.pdf (im sorry, i don't know how to link anything). someone else might be able to show you where a good beginner program on this site is. another thing-the only time i started to see results was when i started to lift HEAVY-don't be afraid to do that, you won't get bulky muscle, it will actually make you look smaller.hth. good luck!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:01 PM
KelB should change his/her status!
Stranger

ohhh cheers for the link, Ill give that a look,I prob aren't eating enough. yeah I have had various people tell me that heavier wieghts are the way to go, I have booked myself in to get a new gym prog made but by a different trainer, this one will hopefully listen to me.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:45 PM
TForce should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/13wee...urningdiet.php

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/13wee...ingworkout.php