Splenda - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Old 02-16-2007, 12:48 PM
lloyd should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Splenda

I just had a baby and I've been back in the gym since Jan 18th. I keep losing control of my diet, but I'm starting the 13 week program and I'm going to get back on track. I've been light weight training, doing 4 sets @ 20-30 reps, my goal is to tone muscle and cut down of fat. Am I on track with my repititions? I've also heard to only rest about 30 seconds inbetween sets to keep your heart rate up, is this true? As far as diet, is splenda ok for a sweeter or should I avoid it all together?
Old 02-17-2007, 06:23 PM
shellybelle should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Re: Splenda

splenda should be ok, in moderation. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2007, 02:10 PM
MartinofSweden should change his/her status!

Sucralose (Splenda) passes through the body without being digested, so it shouldn´t have any impact at all. If you want to read more on sweeteners check out this link:
http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/200...weeteners.html

Isa 55:9
Old 03-08-2007, 02:51 PM
TForce should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

20-30 reps is a good range for accomplishing what you want. I've read that it is good to start out in that rep range. 30 seconds is a good rest period in between sets. You could probably get away with up to a minute. The general rule is that the heavier you lift, the less reps in a set, the longer you should rest to let your muscles recover.

[ QUOTE ]
Rest Time - Remember, your body replaces its energy stores between sets. By occasionally cutting down on rest time you will force your body to become more efficient at producing ATP! Normally I recommend the following rest times, for optimal recovery.

3-5 reps = 3-5 minutes
6-8 reps - 3 minutes
9-12 reps - 1-3 minutes
13-15 reps - 1 minute
15 -25 - 30 seconds to 1 minute
everything above is the same

Try cutting these times in half for a month! You will see fantastic results!

I also recommend the rest pause method. Try performing a set, resting 15-30 seconds and then continuing it. This again cuts down on rest time, thereby increasing adaptation within energy producing and storing mechanisms!

[/ QUOTE ]