New OTC Weight Loss Drug Coming Out - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > HYPERplasia Research

Notices

Old 05-06-2007, 02:20 PM
didymus should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default New OTC Weight Loss Drug Coming Out

Alli is a new weight loss drug that is coming out soon, the first and only FDA approved OTC weight-loss product. It is a 60mg preparation of orlistat, which has been available by prescription for awhile.

Basically what it does is block pancreatic lipase which breaks down dietary fat. So it keeps your body from absorbing some of the fat that you eat. Not only that but it essentially forces users to limit their fat intake to ~15g per meal - because if you dont you get 'oily spotting,' diarrhea, etc.

Of course you are supposed to combine it with diet and exercise. The clinical studies I read show that it is actually pretty effective.

I think that this drug is interesting because of its being the first FDA approval for weightloss. This gives it a lot of potential for abuse and misuse. So any thoughts on this or any use in bodybuilding?
Old 05-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Baugh should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Re: New OTC Weight Loss Drug Coming Out

Yeah we discussed Orlistat in class the other day. If you're capable of limiting your fat intake to that then I guess you're okay. But one cheeseburger, and all that unprocessed fat leaves your body in a less then pleasant manner...
Old 05-08-2007, 07:27 PM
rickck48 is tryin harder!
Middleweight

So this sounds as if we are gonna have to double check our diets to make sure we have them laid out to match this use if we in fact use it. Is that a correct assumption? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Goal: NOT there Yet, But haven't quit either!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:01 PM
williepumps should change his/her status!
Lightweight

I don't think I like that. I spoon full of flax is like 15g of fat
MARK 16:15
Old 05-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Awesome should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Willie is right. On a bodybuilding diet set out in a style like that reccommended on ABC, it seems like one would want all of the fats he/she eats, to be absorbed.

<font color="green">On this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it - Matthew 16:18</font>

My Cutting Journal!

[image]http://a579.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/m_f88d169fd15e9b0da2b1a0d3a880241a.jpg[/image
Old 05-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Middleweight

I'm not sure if I got the right thing or not, but I went to a well known site,,,,,,http://supplementwatch.com/search/searchResults.asp and did a search on this product and couldn't find anything, so if any of you want to try it, there is the link. Thanks! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:07 AM
Captain Purple should change his/her status!

Uh, yeah, I think that it could be helpful, especially for those who have a really high bf% and need to get it down for health reasons. On the other hand, it kinda takes away one of the big reasons I like bodybuilding - that we work so hard. Plus, if you do some research on Orlistat, you find that one of the side effects is "oily anal leakage..." That's nasty as hell! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2007, 01:03 PM
didymus should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if I got the right thing or not, but I went to a well known site,,,,,,http://supplementwatch.com/search/searchResults.asp and did a search on this product and couldn't find anything, so if any of you want to try it, there is the link. Thanks! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just so you know, this isnt a supplement, it is a drug. Which is FDA regulated (unlike supps). Also since it isnt out yet I wouldnt expect it to be there.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Middleweight

I did same thing didymus,,and I got nuthing either, and supplement watch is a great place for checking for new supplements! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!