265x10

Dumbbell lunges
55x10
55x10

Seated hamstring curl
110x14

Standing calf raise
200x16

Didn't do biceps today because they were already sore from rows yesterday. 5th day on the AD and I still feel awesome.

You can train hard or you can train long, but you can't do both. And it just so happens that it takes hard training to build big muscles" - Mike Mentzer
Old 12-06-2007, 12:48 AM
Dzoni should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: A Change of Pace

Great work, bro.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:58 AM
lifting5 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

12-7-07

Barbell bench press
190x8

Deadlift
280x9

Dumbbell shoulder press
65x7

Close grip pulldowns
130x9

I did some cable tricep work also.

You can train hard or you can train long, but you can't do both. And it just so happens that it takes hard training to build big muscles" - Mike Mentzer
Old 12-10-2007, 12:59 AM
Light-Heavyweight

12-7-07

Barbell bench press
190x8

Deadlift
280x9

Dumbbell shoulder press
65x7

Close grip pulldowns
130x9

I did some cable tricep work also. BTW, I pretty much hate bench press and probably won't do it anymore. My partner likes it, but it's uncomfortable and I don't want to injure my shoulders so I'll stick dumbbells.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:02 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Today is my 9th day on the AD. I feel terrific and my energy levels have been more stable than ever despite a severe lack of sleep. I'm still waiting to crash, but since I've been cutting for awhile and going low carb, I'm thinking I might not experience it. It's finals week in school so hopefully it doesn't happen during a test! I can't wait for Thursday, I've been thinking all week about what I'm going to eat......not sure what yet but I know it's gonna be A LOT!!!

Old 12-10-2007, 01:08 AM
Heavyweight

Hey bro. Terrific to hear you doing so well. If the crash hasn't happened yet, I highly doubt you'll experience it now. Especially being on a low carb diet prior to switching over.

Most people experience it because they use the moderate-high carb diets before hand. I didn't experience the crash either, but that's because I was on a low carb diet before the ketosis diet too.

Pretty fun stuff, though.

Hey have you ever done the barbell hack squat? I am incorporating it in to my blast this time cause I am sick of the machine hack. Looks really interesting. It's my first day today, doing it. Fun fun fun!

EDIT: They are hard, as! Leave you breathless. Wooo!
Old 12-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Really? Can you explain them? I'd be interested to try them out.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Light-Heavyweight

12-10-07 Legs and biceps

Squats
265x8

Seated curls
115x15

Standing calf raises
270x15

Dumbbell curls
40x11

Felt pretty weak in the gym today. Warming up with 225 on squat felt soooo heavy....most likely from being carb depleted for the past 10 days now. Definitely not a crash but it's the first time my performance in the gym has been poor. Good thing my carb up is on Thursday. I've only lost about 5 pounds on this diet, but I definitely feel leaner, but I also look kind of flat at this point.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:23 AM
Heavyweight

BB Hacks are a barbell behind your back, grab it overhand grip behind your back and up and down.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...HackSquat.html

I have very thick legs and short arms. So my reach isn't as long as I want it to be, so I cannot perform it with the barbell behind my back, hits my legs all the time.

So I used the trap bar, which was also difficult cause it's hard to fit in that hole, LOL! Had to keep making sure it doesn't hit my knees.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Light-Heavyweight

That sounds pretty cool, I'll have to try them sometime!