A Change of Pace - Page 30 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 12-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Dzoni should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: A Change of Pace

Haha, yeah I know. Only if I were an ecto I would, bro. I am an endo and hold fat so easily. So I need to take cautious steps in to taking in my calories.

The junk diet by Lifting5.

Step 1: eat everything thats junk

step 2: repeat step 1

LOL, sounds like fun!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:47 PM
lifting5 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Haha, I like your outline of my diet. As I've gotten heavier (and this has clearly happened to you as well) it's gotten really hard to gain weight so I'm almost forced to eat some junk because I just don't have the schedule or funds to cook huge amounts of clean food. I'm hoping that I can bulk with the anabolic diet as well in order to keep the fat off, but we'll have to see the results of my cut first.

You can train hard or you can train long, but you can't do both. And it just so happens that it takes hard training to build big muscles" - Mike Mentzer
Old 12-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Heavyweight

Yeah, you def. will be able to bulk with a high fat diet, especially for a natural, the fats are such an important factor for testosterone.

The most important thing to keep in mind is that a high fat, low carb diet will drive you metabolism in to the ground, quickly. So often re feeds are essential. That's the only negative of it. It keeps your energy levels so stable, though.

Yeah, bigger you are = more food = more calories = when is it going to stop [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Luckily, the AD allows for weekend refeeds, so from time to time I'll probably go a little crazy on them depending on how my body responds. My buddy is doing this diet with me and everyone in his class today (he's in exercise science as well) told him he was stupid for doing it. They said he was gonna be cranky and he wouldn't be able to think straight because the brain needs carbs. Some people are so ignorant......just because not everyone's doing it doesn't mean that it can't work. That's the whole reason I'm trying it out for myself.

You can train hard or you can train long, but you can't do both. And it just so happens that it takes hard training to build big muscles" - Mike Mentzer
Old 12-04-2007, 02:19 AM
Heavyweight

LOL. Funny as. Just prove them wrong by going all out [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2007, 03:03 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Haha, oh, I plan on it. I already look a little leaner after 3 days, but I think it's due to glycogen and water loss.

Old 12-04-2007, 03:07 AM
Heavyweight

Oh one thing I found while using the low c - high f diet was that I never did look like a bit leaner in the first week, but I never ended up looking flat. I always stayed FULL. And after a re feed, it was amazing how the body gets even tighter and harder.

Awesome stuff [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Will you still be training the same split? The lower and upper? Man it's one of my favourite trainings out there. DC is oriented around that. I plan to stick with DC for a long long time.

Speaking of such, I just came off my 2 week cruise (taper) and I beat most of my numbers. Other numbers were a bit lower then what I finished my last blast with, but higher reps. So I could have maybe done the same numbers. All good. I think the most important factor when training is you take 2/3 steps forward 1 step backwards.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:03 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Yeah, I'll still be doing the same training. That's awesome that you still beat most of your numbers. Keep up the good work bro, you're a beast.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:49 AM
Heavyweight

That's cool, bro. Glad to see you progressing so well.

I am not a beast. Haha
Old 12-05-2007, 04:50 AM
Light-Heavyweight

12-4-07 Upper body

Incline dumbbell press
70x8

Pullups
BWx12

Barbell rows
155x9

Dips
BWx20

Did some light cable tricep work and abs as well.

4th day of the AD, first workout since I started it. My energy levels felt great and I looked full even though I expected to look flat. I'm loving the diet so far, can't wait for the carb up though.