A Change of Pace - Page 22 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 07-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Dzoni should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: A Change of Pace

I need it for my triceps. Hence why I want to use the machine. I usually do dips for triceps (as I think it's more of a compound exercise for triceps rather than chest).

Thanks for that. I will have to give it a shot on my next week off gym (bout couple months time) just to really see how it works. It's not in the regular weight room it's in the nautilus "cycle" room so you got a certain amount of time on each machine and you have to move on but I'm usually at gym when it's rather empty so I don't think I will have a problem staying on that machine for a my warm ups and the working set.

It just seems easier to use the machine rather than stacking the weight on myself. It's easier with a partner, but since I don't have one, and like to train when there is not teenage boppers (usually means the bigger guys are in that time too), I hardly have anyone to ask for a spot. I'm pretty sure a random stranger doesn't want to be grabbing the weight off my lap thinking they will grab something else too LOL!

Thanks for sharing that. I don't need a big stretch on it, I pretty much need enough ROM to hit the triceps hard. If it hits my chest as a secondary muscle group (within that ROM) than it's all good too.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:25 AM
lifting5 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Haha, I definitely wouldn't want to take the weights off of a stranger's lap! "Oh, sorry man, I didn't mean to touch that......" HAHA

Since you are focusing on triceps, that machine should work perfectly for you. It will allow you to stay almost straight up and down, targeting mainly your triceps. Let me know how it works out for ya.

You can train hard or you can train long, but you can't do both. And it just so happens that it takes hard training to build big muscles" - Mike Mentzer
Old 07-20-2007, 03:34 AM
Heavyweight

Haha yeah exactly my point, and you never know, some strangers might want to purposely touch that LOL.

It will be a while till I try it, cause I don't mess with exercises once I start my lifting (unless of course my CGB, RGB and Skull crushers aren't progressing anymore).

I usually wait until it's cruise time to try new exercises and get the feel of them. Too bad I only realised we have that machine the other day LOL. Cause I never go in to that circuit room, but my bro was in there so I went to say "lets go home b*tch" LOL
Old 07-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
"lets go home b*tch" LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

HA! I'm assuming that your bro is not a fellow low volume advocate?

You can train hard or you can train long, but you can't do both. And it just so happens that it takes hard training to build big muscles" - Mike Mentzer
Old 07-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Heavyweight

My bro is about 4 years older than me, about half a foot taller than me and a lot bigger than me, LOL. He just goes in and does whatever. He doesn't really care, as long as he gets stronger he is happy. He was in that room waiting for me :P
Old 07-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Haha, must be a pretty big dude. Does he eat like you?

Old 07-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Light-Heavyweight

7-21-07 Chest and back

Deadlifts
345x7

Nautilus seated chest press
230x8

Nautilus row machine
224x9

Took yesterday off because I had to work at 5am which means I didn't get any sleep, which in turn caused me to still be sore from Wednesday's workout. Felt really good today, deadlift's went really well. I tried using the nautilus chest press machine today because the other was putting added stress on my left pec, but I had the same problem with it as well. I must have a slight muscular imbalance, so I hope to fix it with extra stretching and foam roller techniques. My lifting partner was out of town today, so I finished my workout much quicker. Today was my first day of supplementing with essential amino acids during and after my session, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they affect my workouts and gains.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Heavyweight

Nah, I eat more than him. I eat more than my whole family put together. LOL.

The workout looks good though.

How come you don't do deadlift last? I know after my deadlift session, I cannot do anything else (On my upper body split, i do *example* chest press, delt press, rgbp, pulldown and then deadlift.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:42 AM
Light-Heavyweight

I like to do them first because I get jacked up and then it helps me on my other lifts. I wouldn't enjoy doing all the other exercises knowing that I have a huge deadlift set waiting for me at the end.....too daunting. I probably don't do nearly as much weight as you, so I have more left in the tank after my sets. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Don't you do two sets for deadlift anyway? I wouldn't be able to do much else if I did multiple sets, but knowing that I only have one makes it much easier.

BTW Dzoni, I went over to a grillout at my friends house tonight and made you proud. My night time feasting included 2 ribeyes, 1 filet, and a couple baked potatos. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 07-22-2007, 07:20 AM
Heavyweight

Yeah I do 2 sets for deadlift. but I do the HEAVIEST set first, and the second set is pretty much to finish it off.

LOL That sounds like a good feed, I really need some food, but it's my cheat day and I haven't really cheated yet, and theres no food.

That's a good feed though, what did you eat next? HAHA