A Change of Pace - Page 11 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 05-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Dzoni should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: A Change of Pace

Sometimes you need the time off buddy. Strength will come back very quickly and DOMS will come and go.

Just chill buddy, that's what I am doing. Oh and speak of mass, I am starting the off season again on Monday. I am lean enough for ME, but I am not up to the level where I wanted to be before I start the off season.

But I have a few tricks up my sleeve which will see me eating a ton of food and s till reducing the bf (of course it won't be as quick) but slow and steady, and letting me feed my body once again.

Most of all, carbs will be a small portion of my diet, that about sums it up. I will be doing a day extra of cardio and getting plenty of my green tea down.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:24 PM
lifting5 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Sounds you like have a plan for success! So you're starting back up next Monday? Can't wait to hear how your new program goes! This saturday's my 20th bday, and I'm gonna throw down a monster cheat meal just for you Dzoni....I'm thinking lobster, shrimp linguini, chicken, cheddar biscuits, mashed potatos, caesar salad, and a large blizzard from Dairy Queen. Is that enough, or do you advise more? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'm not sure if I can eat just like you yet, but I'm gonna definitely try! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

You can train hard or you can train long, but you can't do both. And it just so happens that it takes hard training to build big muscles" - Mike Mentzer
Old 05-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Heavyweight

Haha! If I don't post till the weekend, have a great day on your 20th. I am turning 21 end of this year. Wooot woot!

Umm lets see, you need beef in there brother [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] haha. Me and beef is like butter and toast. I think that's a sufficient amount for firsts, you going in for seconds?

I personally dig in to the food I cannot have, so chicken, lobster, shrimp you can eat all that anyway. But it's good to keep it clean and just increase the amount. That can also be considered a cheat meal.

I love ice cream so I dig in to that too! Hah!

I think this weekend, if I can afford to go to a sushi restaurant and dig in to it for 50-60 dollars worth. I need some supps so I am not sure if I can afford sushi, but we'll see. Supps are expensive in Aus, too much money goes on Whey and CEE but I also want to get in to ZMA.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:24 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Thanks for the birthday wishes bro! Honestly, I never eat beef....but I probably should start! I might go in for seconds, just depends on how much my parents are willing to spend at Red Lobster [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. How much are supplements down there? Right now I'm only taking whey, but I used to take creatine monohydrate as well, but I recently ran out. When I order my next batch of whey I'll probably buy more creatine since I did witness strength gains with it.

You can train hard or you can train long, but you can't do both. And it just so happens that it takes hard training to build big muscles" - Mike Mentzer
Old 05-16-2007, 05:14 AM
Heavyweight

Haha, your parents need to sit and think "**** this was a wrong idea bringing him here".

Um, beef, is KING for size. Simple. No way about it. Also the supps down here are too much, those 10lb bags are 150 dollars. It's just cause the companies have to pay shipping from the US so therefore they put more money on top to make profit. etc. It's about 2-3 dollars difference getting it online from the US, but this way I pay 2 dollars extra and get it that day I buy it and don't have to wait till it's shipped plus no problems with it getting lost.

I need to move to the US hah!
Old 05-17-2007, 11:10 PM
Light-Heavyweight

5-17-07 Arms

Nautilus shoulder press machine
170x12

Nautilus tricep extension machine ss dips
80x11 ss BWx8

Dumbbell concentration curl
25x8

Switched bicep exercises because the nautilus machine didn't allow me to get a full contraction and it primary worked my forearms. I was also really sick today, and had to work 5 hours before my workout, but I still had a very good day in the gym. Increased reps in both exercises, so all in all, a successful workout. Cheat day is coming up on Saturday, and I'm going all out for my bday. Can't wait! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 05-18-2007, 06:56 AM
Heavyweight

Good workout. You still haven't started looking @ bb drag curls. They're seriously worth a try. I will be doing them tonight. Tonight I am going to test out some exercises I haven't done in a while (sumo leg press and some reverse grip bench for tris and drag curls just for some direct bi work).

Sweet, easy, short in and out get the feel of it for next weeks new program training. I am excited.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Light-Heavyweight

I'm actually going to try them out pretty soon I think, maybe even next workout. Let me know how those new exercises worked out.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Heavyweight

Yeah they were great. I haven't done them in a bit now, since I was on the 5x5 for a long time. But, they felt good, got a good estimate of where my numbers will be, so happy with that.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Light-Heavyweight

I'm assuming you changed exercises to "shock" your body since that's the only thing that makes it grow, right? Because, I mean, if a program is working, then you should definitely change it... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]