Old 02-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Vamoose should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default F -- February 2nd -- DL

Sumo: 385x2,3,2+1
Snatch grip: 245x4, 3sets
Bar-bell rows: 185x4, 3sets
Leg raise / arm pass: 10lb plate, 1set

Sumo: Felt i had strength left in me for 4 on the second set. Felt fatigued on my 3rd set so i took a quick rest pause between rep 2 and 3 on the 3rd set.

Snatch grip: Used the hook grip for these. Thumbs were painful indeed, but definately something to be developed.

Bar-bell rows: Felt strong considering i have not done these in months.

Leg raise / arm pass: My abs were very sore so i performed just 1set. Estimate i went more reps today than on wednesday.
"Do not make the mistake of limiting your practices to any one set of lifts...Practice everything...single and double-handed lifts, snatching and swinging, jerking and pressing, lying down with weights, supporting weights, lifting weights while laid on the back, ring weights, human weights, and, if possible, double-handed lifts to the knee, and harness lifts, also holding the bell aloft and bringing a weight after with the disengaged hand." ~ Arthur Saxon
Old 02-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Middleweight

Default M -- Feb 5th -- BP (ast)

DB BP: 85x8, 3sets
Bridge supported behind the head skull crushers: 115x4+1, 3sets
Chin-ups: BWx6,4,4

Messed up my knee jumping around like an idiot after Devin Hester returned the opening kickoff in the superbowl. Might have to postpone Zercher box squats which are scheduled for Wednesday.

Can't believe i got 8 reps for DB BP. Feel i'm poised to have a surprising bench max on friday.

The 5th rep of skull crushers was (!@#$%^&*). Left crapped out and it came up in an awkward angled position. Need to plan in some extra work for the left tricep in the next cycle.

Felt strong chinning. Grip was rock solid. Stamina is (!@#$%^&*) so after the first set i did not have much left. Need to get back to chinning.
"Do not make the mistake of limiting your practices to any one set of lifts...Practice everything...single and double-handed lifts, snatching and swinging, jerking and pressing, lying down with weights, supporting weights, lifting weights while laid on the back, ring weights, human weights, and, if possible, double-handed lifts to the knee, and harness lifts, also holding the bell aloft and bringing a weight after with the disengaged hand." ~ Arthur Saxon
Old 02-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Middleweight

Default W -- Feb 7th -- DL (ast)

Kettlebell Workout: 1set each
one arm swings (L/R)switch
two arm swings
high pulls

Patella is still sore. Walking without a limp, but i am in no shape to squat heavy.

Friday i max out on bench press. if my knee is feeling better by friday i will make up the squat workout then.

if not i will make up the squat workout on monday in place of deadlift and push that back.

i have been mostly doing kettlebell snatches, cleans, presses and jerks, but the swings are definately an effective exercise. i don't feel as though i have the energy to fully devote myself to increasing my target lifts and these difficult kettlebell lifts. Will see how the swing workout affects me tomorrow before evaluating and working it in to my current program.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Middleweight

Default Re: W -- Feb 7th -- DL (ast)

My lower left back is not feeling good. i think it's from working my (!@#$%^&*) off on an english paper. Too much time spent sitting in a steel chair and no sleep. Nothing else is noticably sore from the swing workout yesterday. i may start doing these everyday if i can figure out a wave pattern that does not hinder my weightlifting. Triceps are still a little sore from Monday's bench pressing session and inadequate recovery--little food, little sleep, and stress from writing my first english paper since sophmore year. in a ready state i feel like 275 is a given with the possibility of 280 or 285. We'll see how tomorrow goes. i'll be satisfied with a 5lb improvement up to 270.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Middleweight

Default F -- Feb 9th -- BP (max)

Bench press was complete (!@#$%^&*) today. Had no sleep to recover from Monday's training. My current program is doing wonders for my legs and my deadlift, but i feel i need more volume for my bench press.

Decided to hold off on box Zercher squats till Monday. Will max out on deadlift on Friday. Patella is still sore to the touch, but not bothering my walking. Will test it on a long snowshoe tomorrow. Hopefully it is holds up to go heavy on box Zercher squats monday.

Bench Press: 255
SLDL: 225x5, 3sets
Kettlebell swings (L/R switch -> two handed): 2sets
Old 02-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Middleweight

Default Re: F -- Feb 9th -- BP (max)

Exhausted and sore from Friday's weightlifting and Saturday's snowshoe. May skip squats all together and max out on Sumo Deads on Wednesday.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:00 AM
Middleweight

Default M -- Feb 12th -- DL (ast)

Box Zercher squats: 335x3,3,5
DB BP:90x5, 3sets
Chin-ups: BWx7,5,4

Patella started to flare up during the workout, but it held out in the last set. Hope to ice knee ready for Friday's Sumo max attempts.

DB bench press did not feel that strong. Burned out heavy. Going to hit the repition and explosive methods this next cycle and lay off the heavy lifting for awhile.

Feel strong chinning, but i do not have the endurance for them yet. Need to work chin-ups and bent pressing into a lats cycle.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Middleweight

Default Re: M -- Feb 12th -- DL (ast)

Patella is a little sore and swollen, but the ice must have done the trick. i am walking without a limp.

Left quad is more sore than the right which is to be expected as i was nursing my right knee yesterday.

No DOMS from DB BP. My bench press training needs a complete overhaul.

Middle back is real sore from box Zercher squats and chin-ups.

Getting psyched for Friday.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:16 AM
Middleweight

Default F -- Feb 16th -- DL

Sumo: worked up to a 415 max
DB BP / Dips: 80x8, BWx6, 3sets
Chin-ups / Chin-downs: 7,5,4, 125x5

Pleased with this workout. Was a little stressing as the high school gymnasium was off limits due to a wrestling tournament i was not aware of. Went to the university gym. Could not deadlift in cage as the sumo stance is too wide. Moved one of the squat racks over and deadlifted in the space between. No attendant was in the weight room, so i was able to chalk up.

Deadlifting 405 was a breeze, 415 was difficult but smooth. Tried 420 but could only get it an inch or so off the floor. May have had it with a struggle if i would have gone from 405 to 420. Happy with the 10lb increase. Makes up for a lousy performance in the bench press.

DB BP / dips superset was a killer. Wish the high school had a good set of dip bars. The gymists have a good set, but it's not my place to interupt them.

Like the idea of supersetting Chin-ups with Pull-downs.

Going to use this week to work out a Kettlebell and rowing machine cardio session to work on cutting some fat. A leaner 195 by summer is the goal. Currently right at 202, so that's about 1/2lb per week.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Middleweight

Default Re: F -- Feb 16th -- DL

Wow, burned some serious calories this weekend snowshoeing and skiing with my dad and brother. Downward taper of my upper abs into the obliques is really showing through.

Tomorrow i plan on some kettlebell work and some low intensity rowing. Hoping i can coordinate the two into an effective interval workout. Plan on a set each of snatches, one arm swings, and two arm swings seperated by some work on the rowing machine.

Gaining 10lbs on my deadlift while cutting calories and dropping a couple pounds has me excited and optimistic about dropping to a lighter leaner weight.