DirtbagDan's cutting journal! - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 01-19-2007, 09:43 PM
DirtbagDan should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default January 19, 2007

January 19, 2007

Legs

Leg Extensions superset with Legpress
Leg Extensions: 210 lbs. 1 set of 12 repetitions
Legpress: 360 lbs. 1 set of 12 repetitions (5 more rest pause)

Hamstring Curls:
145 lbs. 1 set of 8 repetitions (3 more rest pause)

Calves

Standing Calve Raise Machine:
Full Stack (600 lbs.), 1 set of 25 repetitions (static hold at the end till I couldn't hold it anymore)

"Some people call me a fat pig in the off season, but when I step on stage those same people are kissing my @ss" - Lee Priest

"That last rep where you're trying as hard as you can and you barely make it! That is what turns on the growth mechanism in your body. That last almost impossible rep where you're bearing your teeth, you're shaking all over, you need assistance! That rep is very special, that rep is very different. There's something special going on inside your body when that happens." - Mike Mentzer
Old 01-19-2007, 10:16 PM
dalvare1 is Huge
Middleweight

Default Re: January 19, 2007

HEy, looks like things are going good. How do you like the "nighttime fat burner" from the The ripped kit? I've seen it before, and wanted to try it out.
Going to post any progress pics?
Old 01-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: January 19, 2007

The nighttime fat burner is not bad, actually. The nighttime fat burner working in concert with the daytime one is great.

And yeah, progress pics coming up once i've completed my cut.

"Some people call me a fat pig in the off season, but when I step on stage those same people are kissing my @ss" - Lee Priest

"That last rep where you're trying as hard as you can and you barely make it! That is what turns on the growth mechanism in your body. That last almost impossible rep where you're bearing your teeth, you're shaking all over, you need assistance! That rep is very special, that rep is very different. There's something special going on inside your body when that happens." - Mike Mentzer
Old 01-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default January 21, 2007

January 21, 2007

Chest

Peck Deck superset with Dips
Peck Deck: 205 lbs. 1 set of 7 repetitions (static hold and slow negative on last rep)

Dips: Bodyweight, 1 set of 4 repetitions

Shoulders

Hammerstrength Shoulder Press machine
55 lbs. 1 set of 6 repetitions (3 more rest pause)

Reverse Pec Dec:
125 lbs. 1 set of 9 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

Back

Close Grip Underhand Pulldowns
130 lbs. 1 set of 6 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

Deadlift
275 lbs. 1 set of 6 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

Oh my God.... doing a heavy all-out set to failure of deadlifts is like being on drugs. Well, not the moment of doing them, but on the drive home from the gym and now that i've been sitting here for a bit, I feel SO GOOD!!!! I don't know, it's like being on a high or something. I guess it's the good old endorphins being released in response to the ultra-high intensity. This feels so amazing right now. A bomb could explode and I wouldnt care. I think i'll go lay down right now and stare at the ceiling.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default January 23, 2007

January 23, 2007

Legs

Leg Extensions: 210 lbs. 1 set of 14 repetitions
Legpress: 360 lbs. 1 set of 13 repetitions (5 more rest pause)

Hamstring Curls:

Calves

Full Stack (600 lbs.), 1 set of 25 repetitions (static hold at the end till I couldn't hold it anymore)

Old 01-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default January 25, 2007

January 25, 2007

Chest

Peck Deck: 205 lbs. 1 set of 8 repetitions (static hold and slow negative on last rep)

Shoulders

Reverse Pec Deck
125 lbs. 1 set of 10 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

Back

130 lbs. 1 set of 7 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

T-Bar Rows
100 lbs. 1 set of 7 repetitions (3 more rest pause)

Hammerstrength Low Row Machine
90 lbs. 1 set of 6 repetitions

Weighted Hyperextensions
50 lbs. 1 set of 10 repetitions

Old 01-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default January 27, 2007

January 27, 2007

Legs

Leg Extensions: 210 lbs. 1 set of 16 repetitions
Legpress: 360 lbs. 1 set of 15 repetitions (5 more rest pause)

Hamstring Curls:

Calves

Hamstrings are not going up in weight... hmm I may have maxed out there. Might have to switch exercises for them.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default January 29, 2007

January 29, 2007

Chest

Peck Deck: 205 lbs. 1 set of 9 repetitions (static hold and slow negative on last rep)

Shoulders

Reverse Pec Deck
135 lbs. 1 set of 7 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

Back

130 lbs. 1 set of 8 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

T-Bar Rows
100 lbs. 1 set of 8 repetitions (3 more rest pause)

Weighted Hyperextensions

I am still breaking the barriers of my strength WHILE cutting! Really shows how amazing HIT is!

Old 01-31-2007, 08:19 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default January 31, 2007

January 31, 2007

Legs

Leg Extensions: 220 lbs. 1 set of 13 repetitions
Legpress: 410 lbs. 1 set of 10 repetitions (5 more rest pause)

Hamstring Curls:

Calves

Leg extensions up 10 lbs. and legpress up a whopping 50 lbs.!!!

Old 02-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default February 3, 2007

February 3, 2007

Chest

Peck Deck: 210 lbs. 1 set of 6 repetitions (static hold and slow negative on last rep)

Shoulders

Reverse Pec Deck
135 lbs. 1 set of 8 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

Back

130 lbs. 1 set of 8 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

T-Bar Rows
100 lbs. 1 set of 8 repetitions (3 more rest pause)

Weighted Hyperextensions

Okay, today was pretty good except for the shoulder presses. I asked a guy to spot me on the shoulder press machine just to help me get that last failure rep or two out. This guy didn't know how to spot properly. So what does he do? He assists me in every single rep! So, even though I got 9 reps out that way, I have no freaking clue how much I ACTUALLY got done on my own since he did half the work for me. I should have said something to him about it but oh well. I even told him at the beginning "just help me get my last rep or two out".

Anyways, people are telling me i'm looking leaner and stuff, so I guess I actually am! They say I look leaner in my face. Seems like fat gets reduced in crappy areas like in the face and under the chin before areas like the abdomen start to reduce. Oh well, at least its actually working. It's going to take a little longer to get the fat off the abs it seems. Slowly but surely!