DirtbagDan's cutting journal! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 01-01-2007, 03:33 PM
DirtbagDan should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default DirtbagDan\'s cutting journal!

Alright, so yesterday was the last bulking day, and the new year 2007 starts out with cutting. I gained quite a bit of mass on my bulk, going from 180 lbs. to 210 in approximately 6 months. My bodyfat percentage is at about 20% according to my caliper.

My Mentzer style High Intensity Training workouts will remain the same, only with less emphasis on progressing up in weight and reps, seeing as though I will not be intaking the same amount of nutrients for muscle growth on this cut as I would be on a bulk. Low volume, high intensity, short workouts will be very good for preserving muscle mass on this cut. Training will pretty much stick the same as usual. What put the mass on in the first place is going to keep it there. No need in switching things up in the gym just because im cutting.

As for cardio, I will most likely not be incorporating it into my cut, as I don't believe in it as an effective fat burning method. Simple as that.

Supplements used to help me burn off fat will be Ephedrine stacked with the Mehtyl RIPPED system. For the first week, I will be taking 16 mg of Ephedrine twice daily (for a total of 32 mg a day). Second week of the Ephedrine supplementation will be upped to 24 mg twice daily and that's it. Later on I may add a 3rd dosage of 24 mg, but I have to be very careful with this. I just took my first dose of Ephedrine today about 2 hours ago with Methyl RIPPED and holy crap, I can feel it working!!

I will be using the carb cycling method. Diet will remain the same as my bulking diet, so there's no need to re-post my meal plan. Only difference is that carbs will be severely restricted for 3 days, and then a high carb day on the 4th day. Repeat the cycle after that. If I find I might be losing muscle along with that, I may reduce my low carb days to 2 days instead of 3. However, Mehtyl RIPPED should assist in preserving muscle mass, because that is one of it's primary functions.

I hope this goes better than last year's cut!!

"Some people call me a fat pig in the off season, but when I step on stage those same people are kissing my @ss" - Lee Priest

"That last rep where you're trying as hard as you can and you barely make it! That is what turns on the growth mechanism in your body. That last almost impossible rep where you're bearing your teeth, you're shaking all over, you need assistance! That rep is very special, that rep is very different. There's something special going on inside your body when that happens." - Mike Mentzer
Old 01-02-2007, 01:31 AM
Growth In Motion is always ready
Heavyweight

Default Re: DirtbagDan\'s cutting journal!

Good luck bro!
Old 01-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default January 2, 2007

January 2, 2007

Bicep

Omni Contraction Preacher Concentration Barbell Curls:
90 lbs. 4 rest-pause reps

Forearms

Cable Hammer Curls:
100 lbs. 1 set of 8 repetitions (4 more rest-pause)

Legs

Leg Extensions superset with Atlantis Machine Squats
Leg Extensions: 200 lbs. 1 set of 14 repetitions
Machine Squats: 315 lbs. 1 set of 12 repetitions (5 more rest pause) and another set of 10 repetitions (5 more rest pause)

Hamstring Curls:
135 lbs. 1 set of 10 repetitions

Calves

Standing Calve Raise Machine:
Full Stack (600 lbs.), 1 set of 25 repetitions (static hold at the end till I couldn't hold it anymore)

Second day of my cut. Feels strange with the carb restriction, and I am definitely getting adrenaline rushes from the Ephedrine and I can feel it working. It's only the second day of my cut, but I want to see my abs NOW, ****it!!!

"Some people call me a fat pig in the off season, but when I step on stage those same people are kissing my @ss" - Lee Priest

"That last rep where you're trying as hard as you can and you barely make it! That is what turns on the growth mechanism in your body. That last almost impossible rep where you're bearing your teeth, you're shaking all over, you need assistance! That rep is very special, that rep is very different. There's something special going on inside your body when that happens." - Mike Mentzer
Old 01-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default January 4, 2007

January 4, 2007

Chest

Peck Deck superset with Dips
Peck Deck: 195 lbs. 1 set of 7 repetitions (static hold and slow negative on last rep)

Dips: Bodyweight, 1 set of 3 repetitions

Shoulders

Lateral Raises
30 lbs. 1 set of 5 repetitions

Reverse Pec Dec:
115 lbs. 1 set of 8 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

Triceps

Tricep Cable Pressdowns
Pressdown: 75 lbs. 1 set of 9 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

Back

Wide Grip Pulldowns
140 lbs. 1 set of 8 repetitions (5 more rest pause)

T-bar rows:
115 lbs. 1 set of 7 repetitions (3 more rest pause)

Hammerstrength Low Row Machine:
90 lbs. 1 set of 6 repetitions

Weighted Hyperextensions:
50 lbs. 1 set of 10 repetitions

Switched the shoulder superset back to lateral raises. I think I lost some mass on my side delt since I stopped doing them, so they are pretty much imperative.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default January 6, 2007

January 6, 2007

Bicep

Omni Contraction Preacher Concentration Barbell Curls:
90 lbs. 5 rest-pause reps

Forearms

Cable Hammer Curls:
100 lbs. 1 set of 8 repetitions (4 more rest-pause)

Legs

Leg Extensions: 200 lbs. 1 set of 14 repetitions
Machine Squats: 315 lbs. 1 set of 12 repetitions (5 more rest pause) and another set of 10 repetitions (5 more rest pause)

Hamstring Curls:
145 lbs. 1 set of 7 repetitions

Calves

Full Stack (600 lbs.), 1 set of 25 repetitions (static hold at the end till I couldn't hold it anymore)

Old 01-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default January 8, 2007

January 8, 2007

Chest

Peck Deck: 195 lbs. 1 set of 8 repetitions (static hold and slow negative on last rep)

Shoulders

Lateral Raises
30 lbs. 1 set of 6 repetitions

Reverse Pec Dec:
115 lbs. 1 set of 9 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

Triceps

Tricep Cable Pressdowns
Pressdown: 85 lbs. 1 set of 6 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

Back

Wide Grip Pulldowns
140 lbs. 1 set of 8 repetitions (5 more rest pause)

T-bar rows:
115 lbs. 1 set of 7 repetitions (3 more rest pause)

Hammerstrength Low Row Machine:
90 lbs. 1 set of 6 repetitions

Weighted Hyperextensions:
50 lbs. 1 set of 10 repetitions

Upped the ephedrine dosage today to 24 mg twice a day (48 mg a day total). Strength is still going up in some of my lifts, too. I'm going to cut out lateral raises again, since my left elbow is acting up because of them.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default January 10, 2007

January 10, 2007

Legs

Leg Extensions: 200 lbs. 1 set of 15 repetitions
Machine Squats: 315 lbs. 1 set of 14 repetitions (5 more rest pause) and another set of 10 repetitions (5 more rest pause)

Hamstring Curls:

Calves

I cut out any and all direct bicep and forearm work. THey get enough work when I do rows and underhand pulldowns on back day. No need to overtrain them with stupid isolation exercises.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default January 12, 2007

January 12, 2007

Chest

Peck Deck: 195 lbs. 1 set of 9 repetitions (static hold and slow negative on last rep)

Shoulders

Hammerstrength Shoulder Press machine
55 lbs. 1 set of 7 repetitions (2 more rest pause)

Reverse Pec Dec:
125 lbs. 1 set of 6 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

Triceps

Tricep Cable Pressdowns
Pressdown: 85 lbs. 1 set of 6 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

Back

Close Grip Underhand Pulldowns
120 lbs. 1 set of 8 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

Deadlift
225 lbs. 1 set of 8 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

Everything is still going up in reps and weight even though i'm cutting! This is amazing!

Old 01-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default January 14, 2007

January 14, 2007

Legs

Leg Extensions: 200 lbs. 1 set of 16 repetitions
Machine Squats: 315 lbs. 1 set of 14 repetitions (5 more rest pause)

Hamstring Curls:

Calves

Old 01-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default January 16, 2007

January 16, 2007

Chest

Peck Deck: 205 lbs. 1 set of 6 repetitions (static hold and slow negative on last rep)

Dips: Bodyweight, 1 set of 4 repetitions

Shoulders

Hammerstrength Shoulder Press machine
55 lbs. 1 set of 5 repetitions (3 more rest pause)

Reverse Pec Dec:
125 lbs. 1 set of 8 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

Back

Close Grip Underhand Pulldowns
120 lbs. 1 set of 9 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

Deadlift
225 lbs. 1 set of 10 repetitions (4 more rest pause)

Everything is going up in reps and weight!! I also took an 'end of week 2' picture yesterday, and I don't know if i'm just seeing things, but my waist is looking smaller compared to my end-of-bulk picture! The love handles are looking smaller. I think my carb cycling method is proving to work very well! I am now down to 205 lbs, and my end-bulk weight was 210 lbs.!!