Upper back/neck exercises for osteoporosis - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Old 11-02-2006, 09:08 PM
livinfit should change his/her status!

Default Upper back/neck exercises for osteoporosis

New client of mine has osteoporosis at age 35 as a result of drinking soda and smoking cigarettes. Anyhow, in order to protect her spine, I need to focus on building her upper back/neck strength. Any exercise suggestions?

Also, she's gained a lower abdominal pouch and I want to start abdominal exercises but have to be careful due to the contraindication of forward spinal flexion movement. Any recommendations?

I have a plan of action but welcome new ideas, always.
Thanks.
"But since we belong to the day let us be self controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. Therefore, ENCOURAGE one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing"....Thessalonians 5:8

"We look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18