Hey Girls, let's rock! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Old 10-02-2006, 09:57 PM
MusicJennifer should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Hey Girls, let\'s rock!

Hey Girls,
How was everyone's day? I wanna hear how everyone's fitness progress went today...that's right...time for some accountability..I know I need it too! So here I go...

My journal is posted as of today with exact nutrition info listed. I did 40 minutes of cardio. 30 of those minutes were intervals, the last 10 minutes was a steep incline on the treadmille at 4 MPH. I also did Triceps today.

My eating needs some cleaning up, but I am hoping with some support here, I will get that going. My goal is to be 106lbs rock solid by december. My visual role model is that chick in Underworld....just forgot her name. That is helping me focus.

So what about your girls? What's shakin'?
Sincerely,
Jen
Old 10-03-2006, 08:59 AM
jdf should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: Hey Girls, let\'s rock!

Hi Jen,

Glad you started a journal. I keep one also, but not on-line. I will check yours out. Glad there is another female posting in this forum. What supps are you taking if any -- maybe you put that in your lournal so I'll check it out. Keep writing!

J
Old 10-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Thanks, well...my journal is a mess, I have a confession I have to make in it today. After my post, I had 3 bowls of cereal! ugh...I NEVER was like this before, maybe my hormones are wacky! haha.

As for supps, I will have to add that into my journal. I always keep a written journal, but that doesn't have the same accountability that the online one does, I'm glad I'm up to it again..
Jen
Old 10-03-2006, 06:29 PM
choeft should change his/her status!
Stranger

Hello, hello...glad to hear about the journals and goals. It always helps me to have goals or I fall off the wagon fairly quickly. I am currently training for a figure competition and am in the "bulk" stage. I've never been more excited to gain 5lbs off of chicken breasts and green beans. I am not posting my journal but I'm keeping one to keep me honest! I am working with a knowledgeable trainer who keeps me on my toes and holds me accountable (but so do the measurements, bf% and scale!) I am bulking through December and have seen amazing results but am a little frightened for what's to come. (If I've grown this fast already I can't imagine what I'll look like come Jan 1!) I look foward to hearing about all your progress and am excited that there are others out there that are truly "fitness" minded. Keep up the good work and kick some booty girls!

Tina
Old 10-03-2006, 07:45 PM
flyskygirl should change his/her status!
Middleweight

yea some more gals on here!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Tina, is this your first comp? Thats exciting!! How long have you been training? What divison are you entering? short or tall?
Thats kinda my "goal" by the time I hit 40 [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]whether its to actually do it or at least get my body to that level.I just need to gain some muscle size and maturity...

Good luck on your progress..your in the fun stage..bulking [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!!!

youll find alot of great people to throw things at and lots to learn from the mods here..they are great!

~sky

37 years old
5'9"
145lbs
16% BF
Goal: 155 lbs of pure muscle! ..in the next 3 years
Possibly enter into a amature fiqure competiton by age 40!

My Profile
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/flyskygirl/

GO BUCKS! O - H -I -O

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...a/65a2b10b.gif
Old 10-04-2006, 12:49 AM
jdf should change his/her status!
Lightweight

yeah I know, more girls! Not that the guys aren't helpful and great, but its nice to have a female perspective and some girl chat, right?

Tina, when is your show?
Old 10-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Trinity_2727 should change his/her status!

So what kind of cereal was that Jen?? Let us all enjoy it vicariously through you! I've got a box of Fruity Cheerios in the pantry that I keep eyeing. It's still unopened and I keep telling myself that I can have it on cheat day if I really want to. Whenever cheat day comes around, there's usually something I want more.

As far as goals go, I think it would be great for us girls to exhort and encourage each other. Sometimes the guys' goals are hard for me to relate to (i.e. gain 50 lbs. of lean mass or get to 4% b.f.)

"Dying is easy. Living is an athletic event."
- Jack LaLanne on his 92nd birthday
Old 10-04-2006, 06:11 PM
choeft should change his/her status!
Stranger

Hey girls-

The competition is in April and it is my first one. I've always had the interest but found the support system and knowhow with someone I am able to relate to. I think it's important to have someone who knows the industry better than yourself and that you can rely on throughout those hard days of diet and workouts. I haven't gotten to the hard part yet, I know the bulking is the easy phase but it has been a challenge to eat the amount of calories necessary. I'm having to weigh out my portions or I would never eat as much as I should. My trainer is amazing and someone I can look up to for advice and support when my husband isn't (he has those days when he doesn't understand "why" I'd want to do something like this). The eating portion of training can be all consuming and sometimes feels like a full time job! I look forward to hearing from everyone. Go Girls!

Christina
Old 10-22-2006, 02:16 PM
Light-Heavyweight

The cereal was Kashi Go Lean. I wouldn't dare eat something terribly unhealthy. I'm not THAT crazy [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Choeft, how long is your bulking phase? What's a typical day of eating like for you? Just curious..
- Jen
Old 11-02-2006, 08:55 PM
livinfit should change his/her status!

Hey Sisters! Thought I'd take the time and say hello to everyone....
Even though I'm a personal trainer and lifelong athlete, I still find it difficult to get motivated for my own workouts. I try to remember that resistance training builds and shapes the body while cardio maintains that shape (as I mentally prepare myself for an interval run this afternoon!).
I'm an all or nothing type person sometimes but have to remember that anything helps and everything counts...
Stay accountable and be good to yourself. Perfection is overrated and self acceptance is understated. Now that I'm a CHEK-certified Nutrition and Lifestyle coach (aka Holistic lifestyle coach), I strongly recommend eating organic, unprocessed foods. There are 4 devils: table salt, table sugar, any type of enriched flour, and pastuerized milk.
A good rule of thumb: if you can't pronounce it, don't eat it. IF it wasn't here 10, 000 years ago, don't eat it.

In sisterhood!
Kelly
"But since we belong to the day let us be self controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. Therefore, ENCOURAGE one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing"....Thessalonians 5:8

"We look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18