Low test levels? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Old 09-21-2006, 07:21 PM
D1ez should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Low test levels?

Lately I have felt as if it possible my test levels have dropped. my sex drive seems almost non existent, and my face has cleared up pretty well, too. Before this happened I ordered ZMA and I just recieved it today, so it will be internesting to see if it can help in increasing my natural levels of testosterone. Anyone else think that it's possible for test levels to just drop like that.. I've been pretty stressed with exams and college in general lately, maybe that contributed.. thanks

btw I am 18 male 6' 170
Old 09-21-2006, 07:25 PM
Gibbster is piling on the weights!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Low test levels?

At 18 I doubt it bro. You have enough test for 2 men right now.

I know that in time of heavy stress, my sex drive just drives away too.
Running 5x5 to start light bulk.

You are born frail & weak, you die frail & weak..... what you look like in between is up to you.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:02 PM
dalvare1 is Huge
Middleweight

there is no way. as gibbster said, its probably stress related. a positive attitude will probably fix the problem. I wondered the same thing because i was in a similar situation (low motivation, lack of drive) then i realized it was because of personal matters. once i resolved those my drive came back both in the weightroom, and the bedroom lol.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Highpsi should change his/her status!
Rookie

Are you drinking alcohol a lot? That stuff can have some serious effects on test. production.

If you wanted a testosterone count, you could always get one done by your general health doc. I had one done about a year ago when I was just curious to see what the level was. Insurance will probably even cover it for you, as it did for me. (But don't quote me on that!)
Old 09-23-2006, 06:09 PM
D1ez should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
Are you drinking alcohol a lot? That stuff can have some serious effects on test. production.

If you wanted a testosterone count, you could always get one done by your general health doc. I had one done about a year ago when I was just curious to see what the level was. Insurance will probably even cover it for you, as it did for me. (But don't quote me on that!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope haha, I'm clean, I don't drink or smoke. I don't know too much about testosterone prudcution, but do levels tend to drop and increase natrually?
Old 09-23-2006, 07:42 PM
William Wallace should change his/her status!
Rookie

How long have you been in your current relationship? The reason I ask is that there was a Harvard study done a few years ago showing men in committed relationships (not just marriage) tend to have lower T levels than unattached men.

I'm asking this because I had this discussion with someone the other night.

On a not so theoretical note, how much quality sleep are you getting lately?

Norman Peale and David Schartz : "Think Positive! Think Big!"
Old 09-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Jenkies should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
How long have you been in your current relationship? The reason I ask is that there was a Harvard study done a few years ago showing men in committed relationships (not just marriage) tend to have lower T levels than unattached men.

I'm asking this because I had this discussion with someone the other night.

On a not so theoretical note, how much quality sleep are you getting lately?

[/ QUOTE ]

If that study is true, it's probably the guys who are whipped by their girlfriends that have the lower test levels. If you stay in control and don't let a woman walk all over you and act like an approval seeking puppy dog around her then I don't think that would be an issue.
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out! Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:45 AM
Rookie

[ QUOTE ]
If that study is true, it's probably the guys who are whipped by their girlfriends that have the lower test levels. If you stay in control and don't let a woman walk all over you and act like an approval seeking puppy dog around her then I don't think that would be an issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much what we were discussing. Do test levels go down in all committed men, or certain types? Personally, being married with child and all, I feel less like a man when my wife nags me to take out the trash or when I'm changing diapers. Whether or not it has affected my T levels, who knows?

Old 09-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Awesome should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much what we were discussing. Do test levels go down in all committed men, or certain types? Personally, being married with child and all, I feel less like a man when my wife nags me to take out the trash or when I'm changing diapers. Whether or not it has affected my T levels, who knows?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a really interesing point...

<font color="green">On this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it - Matthew 16:18</font>

My Cutting Journal!

[image]http://a579.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/m_f88d169fd15e9b0da2b1a0d3a880241a.jpg[/image
Old 09-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Rookie

Another point to make is that a friend of mine competes regularly and often placed in the top three of amateur natural contests. He was married to a gorgeous woman for many years and has four kids. In one particular contest three years ago, however, he was freakin' huge and cut. You'd swear he had been juicing if the contest didn't require going through a lie detector test. He won that contest hands-down.

I later learned that during that time he had been having an affair. When I asked him why he'd sleep around on his then-current wife, his exact words were "I needed to feel like a man."

Now his growth obviously could have been caused by many factors (e.g. better diet, more sleep, better training, better supplementing) or could just be chalked up to having extra motivation, but if you had seen his growth and read the study, you'd have to wonder.

BTW, sorry for highjacking the thread.

BTW2, I don't condone sleeping around as a growth strategy. Most likely that is a death strategy [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]