Does Time Affect Training - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Hardcore Training

Notices

Old 09-20-2006, 02:54 AM
TJistheMan should change his/her status!

Default Does Time Affect Training

When I used to workout I would take small rests and breaks and my workouts would last about 90 minutes. I started 24 mass last week and now everything seems to happen alot faster with alot less breaks and my workouts are complete in 50 minutes.

what are the pros and cons of training longer or shorter.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:04 AM
Dzoni should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: Does Time Affect Training

if you feel tht you cannot continue after 50 minutes, its most probably better than working out for 90 mins, i personally workout for 45-60 mins max depends if im doing abs on tht day or not. and i would not be able to go till my normal failure on the next exercise after that time, it all depends on the intensity and volume of your workouts that affects time. i used to train from 1 hr to 1.5 hrs but thats when i just started (bout 1 year ago) and didnt know anything so i've learned a lot through here and other resources and to tell you the truth i didnt see any results (major ones) until i droped the time on my workouts (made it more harder ofcourse) and took more rest days.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:38 AM
Bigpete should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

The longer you go the more cortisol and less GH you will release. Try to keep your workouts less than 1 hr.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:07 PM
ExeeD should change his/her status!
Middleweight

My workouts generally last 1-1.5 hours, but that's because I train 2 bodyparts at a time, but my workouts never lasted more than an hour when I used to go everything individually. I've seen some growth from both approaches.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:10 PM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
The longer you go the more cortisol and less GH you will release. Try to keep your workouts less than 1 hr.

[/ QUOTE ]

this varies person to person if i am in gym less then 30 mins i cant hit muscle hard enough as i can in two hours, small sets high intensity doesnt work that well for me it has to be high intensity high sets, supersets statics etc.... so this statement wouldnt apply to myself
Old 09-20-2006, 12:54 PM
stillflabby should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

I get great workouts done in 1 hour or less. I'm still very sore from a < 1hour workout I did monday.

You have to keep recovery in mind too. If you are working out for 2 hours and can't get to full recovery by the time the next workout comes around, back it off a bit.

My Journal
Old 09-20-2006, 04:52 PM
robdog is going for it
Rookie

I used to workout 1.5 - 2 hours everyday when I first started. but for the past three years I've worked out 45min - 1 hr and noticed that my results are better. I guess it's the intensity level and that you're not overtraining your muscles.
I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I that live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. -Galations 2:20