Bringing SexyBack - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 08-28-2006, 02:31 AM
LaraCroft should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Bringing SexyBack

Hello All!

I've miss you. Some of you may remember me from my track days. My username was trackbunny. New username, new start. I'm not the same girl from before anyways [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm back from a long layoff. I broke my neck (literally C3-T1) plus extra goodie injuries. But I can lift again. Yay! *\0/*

Having rounds starting this past July with ortho made me a lot more confident about my poor bones. But it's also made so much more conscious of surgery on someone who is overweight. Even imaging is an issue.

I'm ready to start lifting again, with vigor. I've been lifting/running for about two months. This marks the beginning of planned lifts.

It's taken a lot for me to do squats with "just the bar". But I've done it and can say I've vastly improved my form. Deadlift form now needs work. I am strongly considering getting a personal trainer just for working on form.

I have a few races I'm looking forward to participating in. One in mid-october, the Mardi Gras Marathon (I'll be running the half-marathon), and of course the Crescent City Classic 10k in April.

I find that my workouts are most effective when I plan them. I also have a running bribe going on with myself. If I run a hundred miles by the end of the month..yes this month of August I can buy myself an ipod, nike plus system, the works. I have a perfectly functioning mp3 player but I've amassed too many itunes songs that incompatible with my player.

So, please feel free to comment, harass, etc. lol, *smiles*

Plan for the next two days: [tf=to failure]
Monday
Cardio
chest, shoulders, triceps
BB Flat Bench tf
BB Incline Bench tf
Db Flys tf
Db Incline Flys tf
Front Raise ss/w Lateral ss/w Rear Delt
One Arm DB Raise ss/w DB kickback
Skullcrushers
Tricep Cable Pressdown

Tuesday
Cardio
Abs

From there we'll see. My primary goal is to get back into the habit of planning my lifts.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:11 AM
Growth In Motion is always ready
Heavyweight

Default Re: Bringing SexyBack

Hey there! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I wasn't a member before when you were here, so...hey! Gee, a broken neck, sounds nasty! Thats a good comeback from something like that. Good luck on getting the hundred miles under your belt by the end of the month. Let us know how you go

Happy Lifting! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2006, 10:55 AM
jlands is fat and not happy about it
Middleweight

Goals are good. Rewards are great if you can use them to motivate yourself. It's kind of like children. If they think they are going to get it anyway then they won't try as hard. Subconsciously we are all like children. So if you fail. Don't give in and get it anyway. Just set a new goal for September.

keeping a training journal is good. I have found it helps me as long as I keep it up.

Besides you are a lot more hardcore then me. That's not something easy to come back from. Not that I ever have, but I can't even imagine what you went through. Good luck.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:28 AM
Boka should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Good luck with you goals Lara, and good to have you back on the board.

Its good that you are making such goals after comming of broken neck. I'd say that getting a personal trainer for a short peried of time to work on your form is a great idea, just make sure you get one thats very knolegdble. You'd be suprised how many places have inadiquate trainers.

Certified Personal Trainer
Certified Kettlebell Instructor
Level 1 Crossfit Instructor
Old 08-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Stranger

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck on getting the hundred miles under your belt by the end of the month. Let us know how you go

Happy Lifting! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Thank you! I will be doing my very best. Luckily I don't have much to go in terms of mileage. But made the bet with myself mid-month so I'll still have to bust a move to get it done.

[ QUOTE ]
So if you fail. Don't give in and get it anyway. Just set a new goal for September.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really great advice. I was indeed considering getting it for myself "just for the great effort" [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] that I've put in. But you are right. I can just set a new goal for September and use that as my reward instead. Thank you. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Boka! It's great to hear from you. Hope you are doing well. My favorite professor is in Ontario teaching now. Dr. Swanson. He teaches medical school physiology. Normally a first year professor. He specializes in respiratory physiology. If you ever have him, it's a treat.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:21 PM
Stranger

Default Bringing SexyBack

Ok so I was overly ambitious. I didn't realize my time crunch. 6am workouts are not as happy as I hoped they would be. Especially when you need to be ready for work at 9am. Add like an hour to whatever guys do and you get a girls morning.

So I cut back on some lifts in order to fit things in.

Results

Cardio-30 min (3.5 miles)

BB flat bench
barX 10
65 X 8
95 X 6

DB incline flies
15lbs. X 10
15 X 10
15 X 6

Front Raise ss/w Lateral Raise ss/w Raar Delt
8lbs. X 10
10 X 8
7.5 X 8

DB kickback
15 X 8
8 X 8

skullcrushers-ez curl bar
bar(35) X 10
45 X 8

tricep cable pressdown
35 X 8 45 X 8

I'm weak, it's sad, I know. But the positive side is that I get to see myself make big gains later on. It's easy to move from 95 to 135 on bench. But hard to move from 170 to 180, in my opinion and experience anyways. I'm sure you guys have similar experiences in the 200lb, 300lb range on bench.

I met a new friend at the gym named Liz. She was in a head on collision 7 years ago and shattered her femur. She still has issue but shes in fantastic shape. So if nothing else she can be an inspriation for me. I couldn't believe someone my age was at the gym at 6am lifting. It was fantastic!

I really didn't think I did much. But now that I have it all typed out I feel better about it. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2006, 01:45 AM
Stranger

Tuesday
Cardio- 5 miles, 47:30
Skipped Abs-because it didn't occur to me

I think making my face bleed by rubbing the sweat off distracted me. No, I'm not joking. Today is the one year anniversary of Katrina. It's all over the place. Unavoidable really when you live in this city. I scheduled a day for myself...facial in the morning, pedicure, then hair cut. The facial is probably responsible for my face ending up bloody. However I my hair appointment was given away. I made this appointment a month ago. All to avoid the Katrina hoopla.

I got so angry I went home, changed and hit the gym shortly thereafter. First since I had kinetics reading to do, I took an xacto (sp?) knife to my book and literally took the kinetics I had to read out of my thermo book. Whatever. The better for me to workout and read with.

Sadly..I'm still stressed. There is black cloud over me.

Tommorow will be a better day. I must really want that ipod nike plus system to do a two a day today. I skipped mondays' planned lift so I decided to make it up today. To reach my goal I need to do 15 miles tommorow and 15 miles Friday. Oh man. Wish me luck.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:55 AM
Boka should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
Boka! It's great to hear from you. Hope you are doing well. My favorite professor is in Ontario teaching now. Dr. Swanson. He teaches medical school physiology. Normally a first year professor. He specializes in respiratory physiology. If you ever have him, it's a treat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey LC, where is you favorite prof teaching exacly?? There are some 12-15 universities in Ontario if I am not mistaken.

Certified Personal Trainer
Certified Kettlebell Instructor
Level 1 Crossfit Instructor
Old 08-30-2006, 02:41 AM
Stranger

I'll try and look it up. As far as I know it would be the University of Ontario or University of Toronto. I'm strongly leaning towards University of Toronto.

He teaches biomedical engineers and medical students. So I would assume it would be a medical school? He definately lives in toronto, canada. He decided to move back up after he lost his home in new orleans.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:07 AM
Growth In Motion is always ready
Heavyweight

Nice work there Lara, you're gonna make some killer progress!