Gym Social Norms - Page 10 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > HYPERplasia Research

Notices

Old 07-27-2007, 06:13 PM
airborneninja should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Re: Gym Social Norms

I know what your talking about now that I think about it ohlmin! Back in the rear (im guessing they are all the rear D guys now) theres always the fat kids program at the gym and I like how they roll in like 5-10 deep too. I personally liked the way my old unit did it -- The low pt scores / failures all did PT in the morning then during lunch they all changed into their PT uniform and did remedial PT right there. Nothing motivates like taking an hour of lunch away.

Something that really bothers me about that is how they aren't good at PT from not trying in the first place yet they are gonna be at the gym lifting weights not working on pushups/situps/running which is a totally different animal. If you failed your tape test thats just another story though.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Ohlmin should change his/her status!
Stranger

yup,
i get ready for the APFT and i prepare myself to stay around an extra hour to an hour and a half because there is no way im going to make weight. Maybe when i was a junior in highschool i could have lol.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:54 PM
dalvare1 is Huge
Middleweight

There is this poor kid at my gym who is being "trained" by this personal trainer who is about 80. I feel so bad for him, his workouts are awful.

I want to step in and say something, but at least he is consistently going to the gym right? Maybe if he comes in alone one day I will offer some advice.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:52 AM
RawIron should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Why are there always naked old men, at all times, in every locker room. They want to stay naked and in view of the maximum amount of people at all times. WHY? I used to go to this very fancy, expensive gym years ago when I was in highschool and I saw this constantly. The funny thing is, I rarely saw any of them ever working out. I used to show up at random times between like 8-10 so its not like I always got there when the same ones were leaving. Plus, after my workout I would see old guys, who I knew I did not see working out that afternoon, walking to and from the showers. It really seemed like some of them just went there to stand naked for 15 minutes and talk to other naked old guys.

Are we going to become like these guys some day? Please say no!
Old 08-01-2007, 10:53 PM
airborneninja should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

NO!
Old 08-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Ratcat is lifting heavy in less time.
Light-Heavyweight

I can handle most things. I give folks their space and I keep to myself.I can even handle the gym music. I need to carry my phone for work reasons and I'm one of the few who carry a water bottle. But I'll move away if somebody smells like an ashtray. I can't stand that. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Algavinn is transforming myself and others into avatars of health.
Middleweight

Ughh...Most annoying thing for me was people not using a bloody gym towell! Once in particular I was using a machine waiting for the ab machine to open, and there was another guy waiting behind me for it, and so after about 10 minutes this 70+year old guy gets up and walks off...and there was a puddle of sweat there....not a few drops...but like 3oz+ of sweat....it was disgusting....I look up at the guy behind me and say "go ahead" and he just laughs and walks off....we weren't going to use that machine anymore.

Lesson of the day-"Keep a clean towell with you ALWAYS to whipe off the seats and proper places when you're done with a machine, especially if you sweat profusely, aren't clean, or are going to offend people and possibly even close the machine for the day while they sanatize it!.

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 08-20-2007, 01:57 AM
Boka should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Working in a gym I think I've seen more then enough bad, bad gym educate but every so often someone come along and takes the cake.

Last week I had a gym member try and pick a fight with me because I did not allow them to change (i.e. get buck naked) on the gym floor, because they did not feel like walking up the stairs to the change room.

Certified Personal Trainer
Certified Kettlebell Instructor
Level 1 Crossfit Instructor
Old 11-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Stian should change his/her status!
Rookie

In my gym I'm one of the only people who ever rack up the weight's.. I find it really annoying, even tho I usually can take the weight that's on anyway. Unless you are in a gym without girls\guys who ain't as strong as yourself, you should really rack back at least most of the weight (I normally take off everything, except for leg press)
Old 01-14-2008, 05:21 PM
joneser3eb is adding weight to the bar
Steel-Heavyweight

Im glad I dont have to bother with other people, I love having my own gym at my house. No annoying people to bother me, no smelly people, dorks who ask dumb questions. just me my weights and my choice of music.