Is it possible.... - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Old 07-03-2006, 09:02 PM
Maaltri should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Is it possible....

To get 6 pack abs in 6 weeks? Ok...I've been doing what I think is right up to now. Lifting heavy and eating clean. I try to keep the cals around 1500/day. Current stats:5'2" 135 lbs.
Problem is I seem to only lose inches from my waist up!! Hips and upper thigh area won't budge!! Currently, I try to do my cardio a minimum of 4 days/week and consisting mostly of a 2 mile run done in sprints(1 min)/jog( 1 min). My weight days are structured like this:

mon - chest/tri's
tue - biceps,back
wed - legs,abs
thur - rest
repeat

My sets are: 12,10,8,8 last 8 is performed as a drop set

Is the key to up the cardio? I'ce been able to increase my weights about every 3-4 workouts. I've got a function mid-August that I have to be in peak form for. I've considered running 3 times a day. Any suggestions?
Old 07-04-2006, 05:25 PM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Default Re: Is it possible....

abs will start show when body fat gets below 12% so depending on body fat but either way never say never anything is possible with enough hard work
Old 07-08-2006, 05:09 PM
didymus should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Yes hard to give a timeframe without any reference. But how long do your cardio sessions typically last? Diet/cardio will be your most important factors. The fact that you're losing fat from hips up is good, it could just be you'll lose the thighs last.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:57 PM
Maaltri should change his/her status!
Stranger

For 3 weeks I ran an hour keeping my heart rate at 155 BPM. I did this about 5 days a week. Last week I changed and sprinted 1min/ jogged 1min for 20 minutes for 5 days.

My diet is very strict consisting of ALOT of chicken breasts and uncooked vegetables plus my supps. I eat every 2 to 3 hours and drink 15 cups of H2O/day.I try to stay around 1500 cal although I can go down to 1200. I don't want to mess up my metabolism though.

Most of my body I can barely pull the skin up. My lower abs are the exception. It could be excess skin from having kids but the fat is different at that one part of my body.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:16 AM
didymus should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Your cardio sounds about right. 30-60mins 5-7 times/week is pretty standard I think. 155bpm may be even a bit high, not that it will hurt.. I assume you are monitoring during your new interval method as well.

You sound on track to me. I would just keep doing what is working.
You might however post a more specific diet here or in the nutrition forum..