Should We Starve Ourselves for 8 Hours Everyday?!? - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > HYPERplasia Research

Notices

Old 07-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Growth In Motion is always ready
Heavyweight

Default Re: Should We Starve Ourselves for 8 Hours Everyday?!?

Maybe we need to starve ourselves to make sure we'll be hungry when we wake up?
Old 07-03-2006, 12:51 PM
poogas should change his/her status!
Stranger

I agree that the downsides to waking up with an alarm clock in the middle of the night probably outweigh the benefits, but wouldn't waking up to use the bathroom be less disruptive to Circadium rythym?

Your body will ingore a full bladder for quite a while when you're asleep, (and when you do wake up you REALLY got to go) so I would assume that in these instances you're actually waking up during the lightest phases of sleep and rarely during REM. If this is the case, would it be beneficial to consume a lot of water right before bed and then having a protein shake once you get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night?
Old 07-03-2006, 06:19 PM
War5475 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I wake up like 3 to 4 times a night cause i drink so much water everyday.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...thmontoge3.jpg

Status: Taken! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] YAY!
Age: 29, 19 months and counting. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Hair colour: brown blond
Eye colour: Blue " I am told thier quite fascinating!"
Height: 5'8
Weight: 220
Neck: 18.25
Shoulders: 59.00
Chest: 50.5
<font color="red">Arms: 17.75</font>
Forarms: 15.75
<font color="red">Quads: 27.1
Calves: 17.75
</font>Currently: Cutting
Mood: Im ok but cutting again. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

<font color="red"> 33 It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. 34 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. 35 He trains my hands for war ; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. 36 You give me your shield of victory; you stoop down to make me great. 37 You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn. 2 Samuel 22 </font>

<font color="green"> Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. 1 COR 6:19-20 </font>

<font color="blue"> No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:27 </font>

War! One of Gods Numerous Soldiers
Old 07-03-2006, 09:06 PM
TheShanMan should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I have no scientific evidence to back me up here, but I've been downing pro-score shakes at 3 AM for quite a while now and I really don't notice a difference in how I feel during the day in terms of drowsiness or mental alertness. I try my best to minimize the wake up time by having the shake all ready to drink, so I just go to the bathroom, down it, and fall back to sleep (virtually instantly btw). And this is coming from someone who doesn't really get as much sleep as I should anyway (usually around 6 hours while 7 seems to be the ideal for me).

I do like the idea of letting my need to urinate be my alarm clock though... I should experiment with downing LOTS of water before I go to sleep.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:19 PM
War5475 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Hey shan man. Thats when i eat. I gotta pee anyway and like you said I do it really fast. And go right back to sleep.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...thmontoge3.jpg

Status: Taken! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] YAY!
Age: 29, 19 months and counting. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Hair colour: brown blond
Eye colour: Blue " I am told thier quite fascinating!"
Height: 5'8
Weight: 220
Neck: 18.25
Shoulders: 59.00
Chest: 50.5
<font color="red">Arms: 17.75</font>
Forarms: 15.75
<font color="red">Quads: 27.1
Calves: 17.75
</font>Currently: Cutting
Mood: Im ok but cutting again. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

<font color="red"> 33 It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. 34 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. 35 He trains my hands for war ; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. 36 You give me your shield of victory; you stoop down to make me great. 37 You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn. 2 Samuel 22 </font>

<font color="green"> Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. 1 COR 6:19-20 </font>

<font color="blue"> No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:27 </font>

War! One of Gods Numerous Soldiers
Old 07-03-2006, 10:22 PM
book should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

To you guys talking about waking up to use the bathroom it is IMO a really good idea for some. I know personally that waking up at all during the night really effects my sleep (I've had sleep problems before as well). But for people who don't find anything wrong with it..then why not
Old 07-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Yeah, I have no sleep problems except for not getting enough - lol. It is a rare occasion that it takes me longer than 5 minutes to go to sleep at night!
Old 07-14-2006, 12:01 AM
Fahsy should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

For the past 2 months I've been bulking and by the time I go to bed I am so full that even when I wake up the next morning I am not hungry. I think as long as I am getting enough calories during the day that my body can handle 8 hours w/o food.

This is a little off topic but it is in regards to waking up tired or alert. I find that if my alarm goes off while I am in the middle of a dream am I very tired still but if I don't recall dreaming when my alarm goes off I do not feel tired.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:48 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Yeah, but it's not primarily about how many calories you get in a day, it's about nutrient timing. You wouldn't consume all your daily calories in one sitting (assuming you were capable of that!) would you? Of course not - it's not optimal. That's why a middle of the night feeding is worth consideration.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:54 PM
wordlife should change his/her status!
Lightweight

I agree with Book. I probably won't do this. I thought about it, but then I was like, thats impossible, its hard for me to sleep less than 9+ hours and when someone wakes me up (IF I wake up) before my natural wake up, it really disturbs me and I cant sleep again before a couple of hours and I stay with headaches all day.

With that being said, for me, 2-4 hours of catabolism ain't worth missing a workout because of headache or messing my schedule up. But for guys that wake up during their sleep, like War and ShanMan, I think its awesome to stay anabolic 24/7.

So I think it depends upon the person, if someone already wakes up during sleeping and doesn't disrupt his sleep cycle, I think positives outweight negatives. But for someone like me and Book, I think negatives outweigh positives.