All in a year (or more), Dictations of my massive body (soon to be) the DC way - Page 36 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 02-11-2014, 06:53 AM
Birthright1 is The Master Blaster PUMP Master
Light-Heavyweight

So here I am 11 Feb 2014 and I am still very much into lifting and working out…However!!! I have been diagnosed with Degenerative Disk Disease and I have significant damage. With this knowledge I have revamped my workouts to fit what I need out of my body instead of what I want my body to look like. I have lost significant weight and strengthened my core so that my back is no longer an issue. I am on the road to just being healthy. Although nothing will ever cure my back and its malfunction lol…I know that I can do anything I wish! I have used my body and the knowledge that I have gained from this site and from many of its members to adjust my body to compensate for my weakness. What I had posted years ago in my journal about a simple back injury has led me to where I am now. Which is 148LBS of pure rock hard muscle, well cut and defined. Not the massive beast I once was but the healthy beast with a new starting block. Now I am in the business to get so more mass without any weakness or unneeded fat gain while bulking. Not that I am considering what I am doing bulking at all. I am in slow motion so that I not only gain 1lb at a time but I know exactly where that 1lb went and if I like it there. I am building a statue of clay one small piece at a time. The best thing is now I have the experience and the patience to do it just the way I want. So here’s to All in a year (or more), Dictations of my massive body (soon to be) The DC way. Yes I will still be using the DC training method; it will just be drastically modified to produce the goals I am aiming for. Hope you stick around and see how it goes and please if your reading this and you have back problems feel free to ask anything you would like. I feel comfortable now conversing about how I have successfully dealt with and transformed myself to overcome Degenerative Disk Disease.
Lo, they do call to me
They bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla
Where the brave may live
Forever.

"Either you lift it or you don't."
Jesse Dawson Marunde
Old 02-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Welcome back!

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 02-11-2014, 09:33 PM
rickck48 is tryin harder!
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birthright1 View Post
So here I am 11 Feb 2014 and I am still very much into lifting and working out…However!!! I have been diagnosed with Degenerative Disk Disease and I have significant damage. With this knowledge I have revamped my workouts to fit what I need out of my body instead of what I want my body to look like. I have lost significant weight and strengthened my core so that my back is no longer an issue. I am on the road to just being healthy. Although nothing will ever cure my back and its malfunction lol…I know that I can do anything I wish! I have used my body and the knowledge that I have gained from this site and from many of its members to adjust my body to compensate for my weakness. What I had posted years ago in my journal about a simple back injury has led me to where I am now. Which is 148LBS of pure rock hard muscle, well cut and defined. Not the massive beast I once was but the healthy beast with a new starting block. Now I am in the business to get so more mass without any weakness or unneeded fat gain while bulking. Not that I am considering what I am doing bulking at all. I am in slow motion so that I not only gain 1lb at a time but I know exactly where that 1lb went and if I like it there. I am building a statue of clay one small piece at a time. The best thing is now I have the experience and the patience to do it just the way I want. So here’s to All in a year (or more), Dictations of my massive body (soon to be) The DC way. Yes I will still be using the DC training method; it will just be drastically modified to produce the goals I am aiming for. Hope you stick around and see how it goes and please if your reading this and you have back problems feel free to ask anything you would like. I feel comfortable now conversing about how I have successfully dealt with and transformed myself to overcome Degenerative Disk Disease.

I really love this information. The VA has diagnosed me with the same thing. My L4 and L5 are horrible. The pain unbearable sometimes. My doctors and I mean that literally like 4 different ones. They informed me that surgery is not an option. It is to dangerous or possibility of being paralyzed. They have me numerous medications and I am trying to work myself off them. I love working out and I do have bouts with pain and weakness so I back off till it is all gone. I look forward to hearing how you progress. God Bless and train wisely.

Goal: NOT there Yet, But haven't quit either!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 02-12-2014, 05:44 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickck48 View Post
I really love this information. The VA has diagnosed me with the same thing. My L4 and L5 are horrible. The pain unbearable sometimes. My doctors and I mean that literally like 4 different ones. They informed me that surgery is not an option. It is to dangerous or possibility of being paralyzed. They have me numerous medications and I am trying to work myself off them. I love working out and I do have bouts with pain and weakness so I back off till it is all gone. I look forward to hearing how you progress. God Bless and train wisely.
So check this site out. Not that you should believe all of what you read but it has some interesting ideas for our problem. http://www.biblelife.org/back.htm I will tell you now that planks need to be your best friend and you will find that your pain will drop the stronger you abs become. I take no medication. I have problems with s1, s2, s3, l4 and l5. My discs are almost completely gone and they say the same about being paralyzed. All i know is since i found out that i had this i stopped my mass gain and worked on core strength until i am to the point i am at now. I have reshaped my body and made it rock hard. I wear a posture now that i got online (saw it on shake tank http://www.posturenow.com/). It helps a lot with sitting upright and strengthening your upper neck and back posture muscles. I have always trained hard and heavy and i am going to go at my training the with the same concept as i always have just with the knowledge of my situation and now with crazy focus on form and slow movement. No jerking around and always in stable positions. I spent a lot of time in physical theropy to no aval...i have found better ways on my own than the improper exercises and positions they wanted me to maneuver my body into lol. If you have any questions feel free to ask...i will share everything i know.
Lo, they do call to me
Where the brave may live
Forever.

Jesse Dawson Marunde

Last edited by Birthright1; 02-12-2014 at 07:14 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:46 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Welcome back!
Thanks...i never really leave i just go silent for a while lol. Sometimes i lurk as a visitor. sneaky hehehe
Lo, they do call to me
Where the brave may live
Forever.

Jesse Dawson Marunde
Old 02-14-2014, 04:45 AM
Light-Heavyweight

2-14-2014

Ok so here is what I am doing at this time. I am in-between routines right now and I am refocusing on core strength with just body weight or light weight exercises. I am completing what most would consider a cut and I am about to bulk but not in the conventional since of the word. Due to my Disk Degeneration I am just now getting back into lifting with weights and I am being very cautious and taking my bulk “in slow motion” I am going to complete the rest of this month with just these daily exercises.
All of the exercises are done moving like a sloth focused on keeping the entire muscle system contracted during each movement.

Slow motion sets in this order utilizing the Perfect Pushup in elevated leg position on chair.
Close position
10reps X 6sets

Mid position
10reps X 6sets

Mid position hands rotated
10reps X 6sets

Wide position
10reps X 6sets
------------------
Squats
25reps X 6sets

Calf raises
25reps X 6sets

Lunges
10reps X 6sets
-----------------
Elevated planks utilizing small up and down movement with abdominal contraction
25reps X 6sets

Pelvic lift
25reps X 6sets

Single leg pelvic lift
10reps X 6sets per side

Side leg raises
10reps X 6sets
------------------
Chair dips
10reps X 6sets
I follow up with a 60 min 2mph walk on the tread with abdominal tightening as i walk with a slight twist in my step.

I do three sets at once twice daily. This may seem intense for a basic non weighted workout twice a day but I have been doing this for a couple weeks now so I have built my way up to these set totals. I really feel good! So does my back. I am preparing myself for what is to come :_) THE PUMP! Again everything i am doing is super slow for form practice and pure muscle exhaustion :-)

ADDED info****

Just some info about how i started this routine i am currently on.

Every other day. Do not start sessions for 930am or 5pm until you can reach your sets and reps for the 330am session.

This session is my normal routine for 330am.
Slow motion sets in this order utilizing the Perfect Pushup in elevated leg position on chair.
Close position
10reps X 4sets

Mid position
10reps X 4sets

10reps X 4sets

Wide position
10reps X 4sets
------------------
Squats
25reps X 4sets

Calf raises
25reps X 4sets

Lunges
10reps X 4sets
-----------------
25reps X 4sets

Pelvic lift
25reps X 4sets

Single leg pelvic lift
10reps X 4sets per side

Side leg raises
10reps X 2sets
------------------
Chair dips
10reps X 4sets

This session is my normal routine for 930am.
Slow motion set in this order utilizing the Perfect Pushup in elevated leg position on chair.
Close position
10reps X 1set

Mid position
10reps X 1set

10reps X 1set

Wide position
10reps X 1set
-----------------
Squats
25reps X 1set

Calf raises
25reps X 1set

Lunges
10reps X 1set
-----------------
25reps X 1set

Pelvic lift
25reps X 1set

Single leg pelvic lift
10reps X 1set per side

Side leg raises
10reps X 1set
------------------
Chair dips
10reps X 1set
-----------------------------------------------

This session is my normal routine for 5pm. Negatives for Pushups are 10 position, 10 second drop.
Slow motion set in this order utilizing the Perfect Pushup in elevated leg position on chair.
Close position
10reps X 1set negatives

Mid position
10reps X 1set negatives

10reps X 1set negatives

Wide position
10reps X 1set negatives
------------------
Squats
25reps X 1set negatives

Calf raises
25reps X 1set negatives

Lunges
10reps X 1set negatives
-----------------
25reps X 1set

Pelvic lift
25reps X 1set

Single leg pelvic lift
10reps X 1set per side

Side leg raises
10reps X 1set
------------------
Chair dips
10reps X 1set negatives

FAILURE reached on every negative so use modified position for each exercise to complete set.
Lo, they do call to me
Where the brave may live
Forever.

Jesse Dawson Marunde

Last edited by Birthright1; 02-19-2014 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Added info at bottom
Old 02-14-2014, 12:40 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
I really feel good! So does my back. I am preparing myself for what is to come
That is excellent!

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 02-17-2014, 08:31 PM
rickck48 is tryin harder!
Middleweight

Quote:
So check this site out. Not that you should believe all of what you read but it has some interesting ideas for our problem. http://www.biblelife.org/back.htm I will tell you now that planks need to be your best friend and you will find that your pain will drop the stronger you abs become. I take no medication. I have problems with s1, s2, s3, l4 and l5. My discs are almost completely gone and they say the same about being paralyzed. All i know is since i found out that i had this i stopped my mass gain and worked on core strength until i am to the point i am at now. I have reshaped my body and made it rock hard. I wear a posture now that i got online (saw it on shake tank http://www.posturenow.com/). It helps a lot with sitting upright and strengthening your upper neck and back posture muscles. I have always trained hard and heavy and i am going to go at my training the with the same concept as i always have just with the knowledge of my situation and now with crazy focus on form and slow movement. No jerking around and always in stable positions. I spent a lot of time in physical theropy to no aval...i have found better ways on my own than the improper exercises and positions they wanted me to maneuver my body into lol. If you have any questions feel free to ask...i will share everything i know.

I sure than you for the posture site. It is a lot of reading that I want to slow down and try to understand as much as I can. I have very highly painful cramps in my right leg and I used what I had been told many times that pickle juice helps greatly. I have eat a lot of pickles and drank a lot of pickle juice.
I hope your back comes along greatly and if you don't mind I would desire to hear a little update at times. Be Blessed and have fun. RTR!

Goal: NOT there Yet, But haven't quit either!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:20 AM
Light-Heavyweight

2-15-2014

Close position
10reps X 6sets

Mid position
10reps X 6sets

10reps X 6sets

Wide position
10reps X 6sets
------------------
Squats
25reps X 6sets

Calf raises
25reps X 6sets

Lunges
10reps X 6sets
-----------------
25reps X 6sets

Pelvic lift
25reps X 6sets

Single leg pelvic lift
10reps X 6sets per side

Side leg raises
10reps X 6sets
------------------
Chair dips
10reps X 6sets
I followed up with a 60 min 2mph walk on the tread with abdominal tightening as i walk with a slight twist in my step.
Lo, they do call to me
Where the brave may live
Forever.

Jesse Dawson Marunde
Old 02-18-2014, 08:22 AM
Light-Heavyweight

2-16-2014

Rest and recovery! working on a new diet as i will be coming to the end of my nessasary cut in a couple weeks. I am upping intake to add bulk. My goal is 2 to 3 lbs per month but 1 will do. I want it slow and steady!
Lo, they do call to me
Where the brave may live
Forever.

Jesse Dawson Marunde