Steak - Page 9 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > HYPERplasia Research

Notices

Old 07-06-2006, 10:45 PM
TheShanMan should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Steak

lol. I have progressed with my diet to the point where that doesn't appeal at all to me - particularly the bacon. To me bacon is evil, even the "healthy" turkey bacon is almost all fat in terms of calories. It never touches my lips anymore. It's funny how that happens - things you used to enjoy you can't enjoy anymore because of the voice in your head that's telling you how bad the stuff is. I've even gotten to the point where I have difficulty enjoying a slice of pizza unless it's homemade with whole grain crust, etc. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Trench is is on a mission!
Light-Heavyweight

I love steak. Thanks for the article. Now my wife can cook it for me at least three times a week! haha
Old 07-07-2006, 10:59 PM
slackie911 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

is there anything wrong with too much steak? i have top sirloin steak about 4 times per week (sometimes 5!) and i love the taste and protein content, but is it bad for my heart/cholestoral at all? i'm only 19 so i'm not all too worried, just curious
Old 07-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Zee-German is bulking, goal of 250lbs
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
lol. I have progressed with my diet to the point where that doesn't appeal at all to me - particularly the bacon. To me bacon is evil, even the "healthy" turkey bacon is almost all fat in terms of calories. It never touches my lips anymore. It's funny how that happens - things you used to enjoy you can't enjoy anymore because of the voice in your head that's telling you how bad the stuff is. I've even gotten to the point where I have difficulty enjoying a slice of pizza unless it's homemade with whole grain crust, etc. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well arent you a bag of fun = P
Old 07-09-2006, 01:48 AM
TheShanMan should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

ha ha! Sorry to be a downer. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Actually, what I eat now I enjoy just as much. You simply adapt to what you're eating and your tastes change. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2006, 04:31 PM
hoffmag2 should change his/her status!

Kudos to TheShanMan. That is so true. Everybody always looks at what I eat like ?!?#?! and I just say I LIKE IT and they never believe me. Like I'll take a natural peanut butter sandwhich to work and people don't believe that I like it better than the "real" stuff. But anymore, I don't like the taste of say JIF or Peter Pan because it flat out tastes horrible.

In regards to the steak: I decided to try eating it on chest day because I can never get a GREAT pump going on my chest. It's probably my hardest area to train.

I have to agree with everyone here, I noticed a considerable difference in energy as well as a bigger pump in my chest. I don't know if it was because of the mindframe I had ("This steak is gonna make me kill my chest") or because of the steak itself, but I loved it. I will definitely eat steak more often (I had been cutting back its usage because of fat content actually....NOT ANYMORE !!!haha)!
Old 10-01-2006, 10:51 PM
iLLa should change his/her status!
Rookie

mmmm the sweet taste of bloody murder.

i honestly didnt feel like reading 5 pages of stuff but i noticed if i eat too much steak i feel heavy and weighed down. i def dont eat as much as i used to. as far as dude getting bigger pumps, it might be because of the creatine in steak along with the protien. it might just break down in a good way for him.

Quote of the week "Reggie Bush just got clobbered by Brain Dawkins . . . because he can do that to him."
Old 10-19-2006, 05:48 AM
NeoNasty should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Id just like to add, that on the weekend I ate a 1Kg steak. Thats 2.2 pounds for you imperial folks. It was HUGE! I loved every bite of it.

What an awsome meal. 1 Kg steak, one large steamed potato, soem greens. Way too much protein for one sitting!
Old 10-22-2006, 01:18 PM
rickck48 is tryin harder!
Middleweight

I love steak, and my wife cooks it great, but I do have turkey bacon and now I have a question as I see some don't include it. Maybe I need ot take another look and see what the contents really are. I just assumed that is was ok for the fat count. thanks guys! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Goal: NOT there Yet, But haven't quit either!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 11-15-2006, 04:43 PM
TruthlessHero should change his/her status!
Rookie

Hate to bring back old topics, but check this out:
Shane Strattons Chunky Steak

* 200g cooked steak
* 500ml diet coke
* blend and drink - personally I hate this one, but a mate reported this was Shanes favourite protein drink
* Pros: High quality, easy to digest beef protein
* Cons: Taste and texture

I haven't gotten the guts to taste it yet, anyone ever tried a steak shake?