Research Question of the Week: How to Optimize Fat Efficiency in the Diet - Page 5 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > HYPERplasia Research

Notices

Old 11-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Default Re: Research Question of the Week: How to Optimize Fat Efficiency in the Diet

HAHAHA! Thanks, John. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:49 PM
Grimm932 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Research Question of the Week: How to Optimize Fat Efficiency in the Diet

Wow I am really learning a lot through this thread. Thanks for always responding so promptly.

Well in terms of there being products that consist of MCTs mostly in the c6 - c10 range, it seems that that is exactly how most of the products are formulated.

For example: the SciFit MCT oil has the following properties... Ingredient Details:
*MCT Oil: 27g (medium chain triglycerides) Approx. Carbon Chain Distribution- C6: 3% max, C8: 65-85%, C10: 23-33%, C12: 3% max

source: http://eworldsupplements.com/products.php?p=104047

Another MCT Oil product (found here: http://www.iherb.com/mctoil.html) states that it is "is concentrated in 8-carbon length caprylic acid and 10-carbon length capric acid in a blended ratio of approximately 2 to 1" which means it is pretty similar to the Sci-Fit product.

Universal Nutrition also makes a pure MCT oil product which has pretty much the exact same ratio.

So it seems like it would be much more optimal to supplement with MCTs using an MCT oil product rather than coconut oil, which is much less concentrated in the type that are of the most benifit.

Well I really am looking forward to your investigation on this topic and what conclusions you come to. I find this subject quite fascinating and thanks for helping me, and others here at the forum, build on our knowledge.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Grimm932 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Here are the details about the Ultimate Nutrition MCT oil: http://eworldsupplements.com/products.php?p=104049
Old 11-13-2005, 12:23 AM

FANTASTIC research, Grimm. I am very impressed. Thanks a lot for sharing that information. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So are you going to start using one of those oils? If so, share your results!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:05 AM

Thanks again everyone for your feedback. I am going to work on an article for this soon!

I will make the next research question of the week shortly. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 11-16-2005, 03:15 AM
Leafy Green Vegetables is back to basics
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, bro

No, I am not doing anything like atkins. I always have my post workout shake, which contains lots of carbs, and I also have carbs for breakfast; however, I have lowered my dosages in those meals. The rest of the day, I have primarily been having leafy greens. The biggest difference is that I have upped my fats, but I am not stuffing myself at all. A typical meal may consist of 1 spoon full of flax, some eggs, and whey protein.

Also, I am carb cycling. I have a high carb day every 2-3 days. That includes tomorrow! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you still include starchy carbs in PWO meal to regulate insulin?
Old 11-16-2005, 03:48 AM

I was for most of my cut, but the last several weeks I have been going very low carb for a shock, since I am almost done with this cut. I have just been having a lot of cabbage, instead. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 11-16-2005, 03:55 AM
Leafy Green Vegetables is back to basics
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
I was for most of my cut, but the last several weeks I have been going very low carb for a shock, since I am almost done with this cut. I have just been having a lot of cabbage, instead. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply! Cabbage?....Nasty. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Damien Voorhees should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Great thread!

I have an observation that may be of interest. My son and I were in Italy last summer. It was very easy to pick out Americans from Italians. It wasn't the clothing or the language. The only overweight and often obese people were Americans. They stood out as sore thumbs! Even very old people looked very healthy, except for their cigarettes!

There are next to no fast food joints in Italy, and rarely a McDonalds. In fact, the only way McDonalds was allowed to open in Italy was if they offered good foods on their menu.

Italians typically eat what is called the Mediterranean diet: 40% of calories come from olive oil [mono-unsaturated] and they eat smaller portions of red meat than Americans, plus more seafood.

At e-diets, they are touting the Mediterranean diet:

Our Mediterranean plan will help you follow a diet similar to that traditionally found in the countries around the Mediterranean. This plan is rich in healthy fats from fish, olive oil, nuts and seeds, and you'll find plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables here, too. This diet is a rich source of essential fatty acids and antioxidants, a combination which can help improve cholesterol levels and protect heart health.

Anecdotal evidence can often give great clues as to where to begin doing research. Perhaps a modified Mediterranean diet with bodybuilding in mind could be a start for a research study.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:33 PM
ryancostill should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]

Anecdotal evidence can often give great clues as to where to begin doing research.

[/ QUOTE ]

A great point.

INteresting insight into the meditteranaen diet. I visited Italy this summer too and I was also struck by the lack of fast food joints, a very refreshing change. They have an insane amount of icecream joints though!!

http://www.london2012.com/NR/rdonlyr...ghtlifting.jpg

Creatine: A literature review

Creatine: Practical Applications

International Symposium of Biomechanics in Sport