Good example of women with great bodies from weight lifting, but are NOT musclebound? - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 01:32 AM
puMPed_GuNs should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Good example of women with great bodies from weight lifting, but are NOT musclebound?

I would assume that most celebrities do some form of resistance training.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:50 AM
badblood909 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Good example of women with great bodies from weight lifting, but are NOT musclebound?

[ QUOTE ]
I think you girlfriend should lift weights for her health and well-being and not look to somebody else for a reason, but within herself..to become the best she can be "for her"!!

This is just my opinion and I like Amazon, do not look to Hollywood for inspiration, but to all athletes and bbers!!!

Good luck with helping your girlfriend embrace a lifestyle of fitness!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You are REALLY over-estimating the girls of today [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Sweetpea. Most women are already comparing themselves unfavorably to every celebrity they see, anyway...don't hurt her any more by doing it for her. I'm sure you're incredibly well-meaning and think she's beautiful, but I'd be hurt if my husband handed me a picture of a woman and suggested that I should look like her. There's always a lot of talk about women who try to change their men, but I think women are just as sensitive to their men trying to change them, and we're especially sensitive to anything to do with physical appearance.

Not the advice you were looking for, I know, but just trying to help you avoid a fight when you pull out that picture of Cindy Crawford.

[/ QUOTE ]

PERSONALLY, I wouldn't change a thing about her, I honestly won't, she's the one always talking about looking like this and that celebrity, I prefer girls to be all small and cuddly like her (She barely reaches my shoulder and I'm like 5'9, drives me crazy, short girls are cute), buuut, I want her to be healthy and happy and acheive the body SHE wants, and I just want to show her that lifting weights is the way to go, I don't want to compare her to anyone.

Jolie is the first name that came to mind, but I'm not sure that she's "known" for lifting weights.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:44 AM
betsylauren should change his/her status!
Rookie

Yeah, badblood, I realized that I came off as kinda harsh...I'm sorry. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I'm sure you're not the one pressuring her to look a certain way. I think the whole conversation just touched a nerve. I have friends, really cute girls, whose husbands get on their case, honestly, if they gain a couple of pounds, and I can't imagine being with someone who was that insensitive. But, you seem like a nice guy...I know you just want her to be happy. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2005, 11:57 AM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
You are REALLY over-estimating the girls of today

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I'm a girl of today!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Hee Hee..let me clue you in on "most" girls. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] If she's always comparing herself to others it's b/c she's insecure with herself and the way she looks and is looking for a reaction from you when she points these women out and I assume you tell her they don't compare to her..blah blah blah. Well, that's great until you show her a picture of what she "wants" to look like and tell her she can achieve that by lifting weights to which she'll respond, I knew you didn't mean that I was fine the way I am, you really want me to look like her, I'm too fat and not good enough [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]...we're complicated creatures!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I do believe this has been going on for YEARS and I find the tiniest women say they're fat when you know good and gosh darn well they really can't think that b/c they wear a zero...you seriuosly can't get much smaller!!!

I do not know you or your girlfriend and I totally commend you for wanting to help her achieve "her" goals and I could be way off on how she'll respond, but I've seen it dozens of times before!!! At one point in my life I was guilty of the same, but have overcame that and say here I am if you don't like it, there's the door!!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

And I totally agree w/Amazon, introuduce her to ABC and this can be something you two do together!! It's great bonding time and you're both getting fit and healthy!!

Good luck!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 08-17-2005, 08:04 PM
Middleweight

Nothing you said was harsh at all [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], I appreciate the advice.

And about good luck, ugh, I need it, she drives me NUTS, she literally starves her self AND does cardio in persuit of her "dream body", it really hurts me deep inside [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], I'm only 19 but I've known her for 4 years, most of it of us together, which is pretty serious for my age.

It kills me, she actuall FAINTS from time to time from her total ignorance and following her weird diets, and whenever the subject of food/diet comes up, I quickly end it, because I know that if we actually talk about it, I'll blow up in her face because she's so stubborn [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I mean, screw the dream body, I just want her to eat well and be healthy, thing is, she KNOWS I have a relatively low standard in girls, and that I think she's beautiful (Both are not related, of course [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), I think she's anorexic, or on her way to be one, and there's nothing I can do...
Old 08-17-2005, 08:55 PM
steakzilla should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Sorry about my harshness, I thought it was just another girl thinking shes ginna have to compete for the Mr. Olympia if she spend a week lifting, you know the type. WHat you have on your hands is a serious problem, you may need to seek help in other places then forums. The best thing I could say is get her to start learning about the human body, how it works, what we actually run off, why we gain more when we crash diet. Much of this can be found here. Its ginna take alot more then just tellen her "muscle burns more calories". I hope you all the best and I really hope she get the help she needs.

PS I totally agree short girls are hella cute...but I also really like girls as tall as me (not that there are many, Im 6'4), oh and muscle chicks, even the Olympia girls give me a Amazon anyday [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
sorry bout the tangent
Old 08-17-2005, 10:35 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing you said was harsh at all [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], I appreciate the advice.

And about good luck, ugh, I need it, she drives me NUTS, she literally starves her self AND does cardio in persuit of her "dream body", it really hurts me deep inside [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], I'm only 19 but I've known her for 4 years, most of it of us together, which is pretty serious for my age.

It kills me, she actuall FAINTS from time to time from her total ignorance and following her weird diets, and whenever the subject of food/diet comes up, I quickly end it, because I know that if we actually talk about it, I'll blow up in her face because she's so stubborn [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I mean, screw the dream body, I just want her to eat well and be healthy, thing is, she KNOWS I have a relatively low standard in girls, and that I think she's beautiful (Both are not related, of course [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), I think she's anorexic, or on her way to be one, and there's nothing I can do...

[/ QUOTE ]

She needs to seek counseling. This behavior is becoming a problem, not eating, overexercising, fainting. There is something you can do! Speak up! Get professional advice involved to get help. That is what you do when you love someone.

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 08-18-2005, 08:18 AM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

This is a serious problem and I agree, professional help needs to be sought. This is not something you can fix for her no matter how much you wish you could. But you can guide her toward the help she needs and stand by her side!! My prayers are with you and her!!

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 08-18-2005, 09:38 AM
geek_kittie should change his/her status!
Stranger

I'm sorry to hear that you're girlfriend is going through this. She either has an eating disorder or is well on her way to one. You might have to practice a little tough love and put your foot down.

Comparing yourself to celebrities is always a losing battle. It's nearly impossible to imitate a celebrity's look because most of the time the celebrity doesn't really achieve the look they are known for. So much of it is make-up, lighting and airbrushing.

I was at another forum not too long ago discussing airbrushing with another woman who actually worked on movie posters. She said that the majority of the time, a movie poster will feature an actress' head on another model's body.

Anyway, I hope that you're able to convince her to seek professional help.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:58 PM
Middleweight

Thanks guys, I'm a little whiny at the moment because she's been away for almost a week, and though she's with her family, I really worry about her, heh, why wouldn't I?

Anyhoo, I tried before, I talked to her friends, nothing is going to help her at the moment, and at this stage, tough love won't work, I might lose her, and I can't really pressure her into anything, I just want to use lifting and good nutrition as a way for her to persue her goals without hurting herself, and I thought that if I can show her all these models, maybe she'll at least change her attitude, I don't care if she feels bad about me comparing her to others, at least I won't have to worry about her falling down and knocking her head on something, I didn't even get to say goodbye to her because of that O_o