Good example of women with great bodies from weight lifting, but are NOT musclebound? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 08:29 AM
badblood909 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Good example of women with great bodies from weight lifting, but are NOT musclebound?

Most guys here seem to have trouble convincing their female friends/girlfriends/wives to work out, because most girls think that weightlifting will make them big and "man-ish"...

Are there any popular celebreties (Actresses, models, whatever) that are known for having a GREAT body from lifting weights? The more popular, the better.

Now I understand that some people do think that women look better with more muscle, but I'm looking for people who would fall within the general opinion of "beautiful", y'know, someone who I can convince my own girlfriend with.

All help appreciated ^_^
Old 08-16-2005, 09:10 AM
tarheelsykes should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Good example of women with great bodies from weight lifting, but are NOT musclebound?

there are many in hollywood that do workout with weights, in some form or another. Jennifer Garner (or Affleck, whatever she is now) is one example. Jlo does as well. I know they incorporate many areas of fitness, but weight training is part of it

"Everyone bring joy when they walk in the front door of a gym, some on the way in, some on the way out"
Old 08-16-2005, 09:52 AM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Default Re: Good example of women with great bodies from weight lifting, but are NOT musclebound?

Well, I don't look up to Hollywood for my inspiration, since their body types are totally opposite from mine. Madonna has developed a pretty decent body over the years, I think.

Although I must say that Alicia from Survivor rocked, 'cause she was fit and tough. Yep, not entirely bodybuilder but..that's the best I can think of.

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 08-16-2005, 03:03 PM
badblood909 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Hmm, well, basically, I just want to show her pictures of someone and go "You can't get this body UNLESS you lift weights", but still have the girl in the picture look all girlish, I'll try to go with Rhonda Riley for now, I honestly haven't heard of her before, but recently seen her in someone's sig...

Well, who do you girls look up to?
Old 08-16-2005, 03:18 PM
XenoWang should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

I'm pretty sure Jessica Biel looked really great in Blade 3 from lifting regularly.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images...y/10-large.jpg
Old 08-16-2005, 03:50 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

I think you girlfriend should lift weights for her health and well-being and not look to somebody else for a reason, but within herself..to become the best she can be "for her"!!

This is just my opinion and I like Amazon, do not look to Hollywood for inspiration, but to all athletes and bbers!!!

Good luck with helping your girlfriend embrace a lifestyle of fitness!!!

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 08-16-2005, 04:16 PM
betsylauren should change his/her status!
Rookie

I agree with Sweetpea. Most women are already comparing themselves unfavorably to every celebrity they see, anyway...don't hurt her any more by doing it for her. I'm sure you're incredibly well-meaning and think she's beautiful, but I'd be hurt if my husband handed me a picture of a woman and suggested that I should look like her. There's always a lot of talk about women who try to change their men, but I think women are just as sensitive to their men trying to change them, and we're especially sensitive to anything to do with physical appearance.

Not the advice you were looking for, I know, but just trying to help you avoid a fight when you pull out that picture of Cindy Crawford.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:52 PM
steakzilla should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Tell her shes being stupid about lifting weights might look manish. Iv been busten my (!@#$%^&*) and eating huge for a while, and I still don't look manish. SO I doubt her going to the gym and day dreaming while she moves around a 5lb Db will make her "manish".
ANyway, Really buff chicks are hott
Old 08-16-2005, 07:39 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Tell her to come in with you to ABC...and introduce her to this forum..we'll work on her..LOL.

Amazon

PS- Steakzilla, a little bit more sensitivity, please. LOL. We women always have some hidden fear that if we are with someone, they would leave for someone more "beautiful" than us due to the standards we see on TV and movies *I USED to feel that way, threatened by the women on the magazines my ex-husband bought*...I for one, haven't bought Cosmopolitan in years or any girly magazine for that matter..

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 08-16-2005, 10:00 PM
posse123 should change his/her status!

Angelina Joile
Closed Thread