Notices

Old 08-04-2005, 11:27 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Default Re: Venom\'s Bodybuilding Journal

Hey, Adam

Thanks for stopping in! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
But I agree, working out every day has made me more lean without changing my standard cutting diet. I've noticed my obliques are really etched out right now. This was always difficult to achieve before working out daily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome!

Evidence suggests that for body composition, creating a caloric deficit through exercise is optimal. Not to say diet is not just as important, but the point is, one should try to optimize a training regiment in any program if body composition is the goal.

[ QUOTE ]
But one thing is I have been supplementing daily with Champions awesome joint formula and really increasing my glutamine intake. I've noticed a much larger coupling effect with creatine when supplementing with 20-30 grams of glutamine per day. Also my fatigue levels are much less after a workout. My intensity is always there despite daily hardcore routines.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am also taking JSF and love it!!! I will be breaking down my entire supplement regiment soon. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

One thing people don't understand about glutamine, is that no study comes close to the training impulse of athletes that are on this site. Yet, numerous studies still show it can benefit what I would call "sissy" workouts lol. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] That is why one day we will have our own lab, so we can perform experiments which are based of real bodybuilders. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
With increased frequency I've also noticed DOMS is still severe but dissapates much more rapidly. Again I chalk this up to better conditioning through increased frequency and increased glutamine intake.

[/ QUOTE ]

No question--that's a serious training adaptation you will achieve from this type of program.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't wait to hear your insights on this! I have been researhing instinctive training techniques for a future edition of JHR.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was researching random practice, I ran across a sick journal which I applied to instinctive training! And the journal had absolutely nothing to do with bodybuilding lol. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I will have to show it to you.

One thing that is important for the readers to understand, is that when you study a scientific journal, you should ALWAYS look for ways to apply it to bodybuilding. Most journals do not take bodybuilding into account at all. For instance, research quarterly knows almost nothing about the sport. In all the studies I read, they were all saying the research on distributed practice for discrete tasks was very limited, yet, if they were aware of studies on bodybuilding, they would have known that there are multitudes of studies on discrete tasks for weight lifting. It amazed me that they were all ignorant of these studies.

So keep that in mind in your research!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:32 PM

Another thing to note about my split, is that I sequenced it so that a heavy afternoon session never follows a heavy afternoon session--it always goes light to heavy. This is very important to avoid conditioning the reactive inhibition. On previous splits, I had days where I trained heavy several days straight, and it was so brutal. This has helped me immensely.

Also note that I train large muscle groups first, and small muscle groups later at night. This is standard protocol. This is part of the sequencing theory. Again, you’ll have to wait for JHR lol. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:11 AM
Adam Knowlden should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like basing my goal of weight--it is a very poor measurement of body composition. I do have several aspects of my body I would like to improve (I stated this earlier) and lifts I would like to achieve (this will be stated throughout the journal).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the same way. I do use it to judge if I am gaining, but I prefer the mirror.

We have close to the same stats, which is why I've always liked following your training tips. I think our bodies respond to the same stimuli.

[ QUOTE ]
Evidence suggests that for body composition, creating a caloric deficit through exercise is optimal. Not to say diet is not just as important, but the point is, one should try to optimize a training regiment in any program if body composition is the goal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally! It is so optimal that evidence shows that PW high GI carbs can increase fat oxidation! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I am also taking JSF and love it!!! I will be breaking down my entire supplement regiment soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet!

[ QUOTE ]
One thing people don't understand about glutamine, is that no study comes close to the training impulse of athletes that are on this site. Yet, numerous studies still show it can benefit what I would call "sissy" workouts lol. That is why one day we will have our own lab, so we can perform experiments which are based of real bodybuilders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too true! Hyperplasia labs baby! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
So keep that in mind in your research!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Venom! I will!
Old 08-05-2005, 05:33 AM
Jedi should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Venom I have a question for you about cardio, you said you do cardio after your leg sessions as a form of active recovery, do you mean that you do cardio right after the workout or several hours later? If so does it mean that on some days you may be 3 times at the gym Workout - Cardio - Workout? What form of cardio do you prefer?

Old School, could you please post what your split looks like, you said you too follow the prioritization protocol but train only in the PM. I would like to adopt this protocol but I'm afraid I won't be able to hit the gym twice a day all 7 days a week, maybe 2-3 max.

Do you think it would be a good idea to utilize a similiar routine on a calorie restricted diet (cutting diet)?

Thanks.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:47 AM
Olympia Contender

Hey Jedi check out the ab link in Venom's post, my split is towards the end of the article.

Hope that helps!
Old 08-05-2005, 06:11 AM
Kristen should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Hey Venom!
SO awesome that you've started this journal!!! Wooohooo! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
One thing people don't understand about glutamine, is that no study comes close to the training impulse of athletes that are on this site. Yet, numerous studies still show it can benefit what I would call "sissy" workouts lol. That is why one day we will have our own lab, so we can perform experiments which are based of real bodybuilders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dare I volunteer to be your first guinea pig?! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Training Journal
Old 08-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Xenos should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Quote : Venom
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like basing my goal of weight--it is a very poor measurement of body composition.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true...the way your look, lifts and measerments are a lot more accurate IMO

Till 6th grarde [img]/forum/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img], are you thinking about competing or have you?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." -Gandhi
Old 08-05-2005, 10:09 AM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Venom if you don't mind me sumarizing all that science -

The key to Venoms program in short is:

Venom's training partner is the President of Abcbodybuilding [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys! Well, they say that the best things usually come in pairs. Whoops for the Wilson brothers!

[ QUOTE ]
Currently, I am clean bulking (no comments LA lol!).

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatcha talkin' about V?!

Oh yeah, I remember now....LOL All I have to say is...I'm gonna do some inspection later..and I'd better not find somebody snackin on chicken and waffles..LOL.

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 08-05-2005, 10:45 AM
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]
and I'd better not find somebody snackin on chicken and waffles

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I'm afraid to ask. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and I'd better not find somebody snackin on chicken and waffles

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I'm afraid to ask. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!

One word--Roscos. The best chicken and waffles EVER. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And no promises LA LOL. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies