Hyperplasia Challenge on August 17th - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 01:07 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Default Hyperplasia Challenge on August 17th

Ok girls, time to gather around and sign up. I signed up for cutting but you can choose bulking, right now I am the only girl signed up for the challenge.

Come on! Let's encourage some healthy competition..if I can start taking my caliper measures...anyone can! *takes deep breath*

So, come on! Let's do it!

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 08-02-2005, 07:57 PM
lots4waldy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Hyperplasia Challenge on August 17th

I read the article on it, and how can you tell someone doesn't cheat? I'm actually kind of intrigued by this but I think me and a journal wouldn't mix.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:58 PM
X-Factor should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

HAha, good luck ladies!
Old 08-03-2005, 11:24 AM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

I'm confused by it. Do I just do my own thing or are we given guidelines and I have no callipers and get obsessive when I weigh myself and am not sure that regular measurements wouldn't have the same effect. I feel very torn right now...up for a challenge...but scared of doing myself harm with numbers and all that jive!! I'm super competitive though...well not w/my volleyball team b/c to me that's for fun and so many factors play into how we do..not just me..the team!!!

Anway, Amazaon you've been round here lots longer than me...anything you can add about the challenge in regards to the question/comments above??

Thanks in advance!!!

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 08-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Kristen should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused by it. Do I just do my own thing or are we given guidelines and I have no callipers and get obsessive when I weigh myself and am not sure that regular measurements wouldn't have the same effect. I feel very torn right now...up for a challenge...but scared of doing myself harm with numbers and all that jive!! I'm super competitive though...well not w/my volleyball team b/c to me that's for fun and so many factors play into how we do..not just me..the team!!!

Anway, Amazaon you've been round here lots longer than me...anything you can add about the challenge in regards to the question/comments above??

Thanks in advance!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure you do your own thing, and supply information about your progress along the way to gauge who "wins" - %bf, %lbm, weight, measurements, etc. I do know what you mean about getting too wrapped up in the numbers [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I think if that's something that's going to have a negative impact on you (and I know where you're coming from, so I know what can happen!), you might consider playing unofficially, and take the necessary measurements less frequently (only enough to make sure that you're making progress.) That way, you can still feel like you're participating, and it might be a more positive experience for you (with a lesser risk of being obsessive about numbers). Just a thought!

Training Journal
Old 08-03-2005, 11:47 AM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Thanks Kristen!!! The advice about silently paricipating is good and if I do good then maybe next time around I can particpate completely. I'm still kinda delicate about some things and may always be, but I'm gonna try baby steps to see if I can completley come out of it!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 08-03-2005, 11:54 AM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

I agree with Kristen. I am focusing on becoming better as an individual in my athletic performance, regardless of the outcome of the challenge. This is another reason why all participants will also get rewards from the program. So basically, I will be comparing my progress from week to week, tweaking here and there..I didn't participate on the first challenge I was at ABC but then I realized that I could have pushed myself further if I had competed.

This is for fun too Sweetpea!

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 08-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Kristen should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Kristen!!! The advice about silently paricipating is good and if I do good then maybe next time around I can particpate completely. I'm still kinda delicate about some things and may always be, but I'm gonna try baby steps to see if I can completley come out of it!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awesome Sweetpea - and even more awesome that you can recognize situations that could potentially get you in trouble. So incredibly awesome!!!! With time, I have found that many of my old tendencies have gone away - I was actually thinking about this while I was running this morning. I used to think I had to outdo myself every time I did something - like, if I ran 6 miles one day, I had to do the same, or more, the next day (5.99999 wouldn't have been acceptable). Now, I'm definitely more in tune with my body, and the numbers don't play a big role in my life. I still *hate* weighing myself and taking measurements. I can only wish that I had been able to recognize and respect triggers earlier! So many props to you for being able to do so [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Another way to handle the whole obsession thing - have a detailed plan of attack about what you're going to do *after* you reach your goal. A good friend recommended this to me not too long ago when we were talking about competing - I'm definitely going to have to plan out what I'm going to do after I'm done with my comps this fall, or I'm going to go crazy. There is no way that growing out of clothes that fit me around comp time is going to make me feel good! As long as I know where I'm heading, I tend to have a better outlook on things...hope that this is helpful to you too [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Training Journal
Old 08-03-2005, 02:53 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Thanks Lil A and Kristen!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I appreciate both your insights on this matter!!! I think personally, right now I cannot make it fun for me and need a little more time to be able to do so. I still freak out about certain things and am way to critical of myself...well I know I have to be the most critical, but I hardly ever give myself slack. I'll think about it some more and maybe if I can get my hands on some callipers I'll test my bf and see where I am, currently, and how that affects me. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-03-2005, 03:05 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=806

http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=697

These are the two fat calipers I found, within my price range. Somebody recommended IIRC, but I could find nohting on it.

Of the above, do any of you have an opinion/recommendation?

Thanks,
Fay

Closed Thread