There is no pain greater than the pain of rejection. - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 11:34 AM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Default Re: There is no pain greater than the pain of rejection.

Women will know if you are only trying to get lucky or if you really want to know more about them as people. I don't like being harassed and being told "Hey baby, what's shakin'?" Nope. I approach men in a casual manner and even just to make conversation 'cause I love to talk..*Yep, Joe and BM can vouch for that*

Thing is, you don't know what has happened to this girl. If she has been burned badly in the past or hasn't had very positive relationships with men, she might just be trying to protect herself.

I like X-factor's approach. You might not end up being interested after you get to know her but, you might have now more connections to meeting female friends through her.

Women are rejected too. It is not just guys! I just go out there for friendship because everybody has an agenda and anything can be ysed against you...just because of people's standards, NOTHING you have done. For example, here is a list of the men that wouldn't probably date me:

Blond fetish
Breast fetish
Promiscuous type
Wants a trophy wife
Wants a model
Wants someone of status and money
Wants to date someone single without children
Age is an issue

Etc, etc.

Nothing of this has to do with who I am, so I don't sweat it. What you need to remember too is that it goes both ways. We all have standards and specs for dating. Friendship is the only relationship that allows you to look deeper into what matters. If it happens, then, you will know that they like you for who you are, not for what you have.

I understand your frustration. All I can say is have fun making friends, and don't try too hard to impress. Be yourself. I know it is hard at times being by yourself, and there are things that are meant to be shared with someone BUT better be by yourself than in bad company *and buy some Sinatra...or maybe not, since you are a guy, but I listen to him and I imagine he's singing to me. That helps*

BM, dang that you are persistent! *I would have been annoyed and probably given in too. LOL.* The only thing you needed to do was a double biceps pose like at the Strip...and she would have fallen head over heels flat in 5 minutes. Strategy, Strategy, you have to work on that papi.

LOL

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 08-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Vlad is traalallaalal
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
what will u do if u get rejected by a girl or a guy?
I know few escaped this hard feeling...
will u try again?
will u forget about it?
will u react in anger and say harsh words?

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bro, this is my area of expertise! I went through to many rejections in my life that I stopped to count them. I did it on purpose. The first few were pretty horrible, but after a while you releaze that why feel aweful? You are giving the girl an opportunity to get to know you, if she rejects you, then she is not good enough for you. And there are a lot of different factors than just your look, bodylanguage etc that decide wether you get rejection or not.

- Her mod - she maybe woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
- She/He already has a bodyfriend/girlfriend
- PMS ^^ ABC girls are going to bash me for this one [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
- Different sexuality
And many many more.

I wont react at all, I'll just say with a smile: "Okay, thanks for your time Cya around", And move to the next girl [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If you are looking for "that one" special girl, be prepared to take some punches and she just wont show up out of nowhere. It will be more or less your job to find her and to conquer her. I, for instance, don't care if I'll get rejected 10000 times before I find her. Besides, after just 10 rejections you will get better at talking and approaching.

Why feel bad for doing something none else has the gut to do? My girlie friends always talk good of guys who dare to make a move, even if they crush n burn. They still think they are cute.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:28 AM
Vlad is traalallaalal
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
im not one to give up easy. my last girlfriend said no 5 times, and she had a boyfriend at the time. so i kinda go after what i want, once i know i want it. but in general i say, get use to it. even more so if ur a guy. thats just part of dating, life in general. the way i see it, if she says no, shes the one missing out. move onto the next one. now if its a good friend and you have known eachother for a long time. than tread lightly and respectfully.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's hardcore Kyle!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Vlad is traalallaalal
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to sound like some conceided idiot, but I've never really been rejected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not, you got it all ^^
Old 08-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Cool Abe should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Here's an interesting thought about handling rejection that I read on a book:

If you approach a girl to get to know her and have some nice conversation, and she rejects you... what does it says about you?

Absolutely NOTHING.

What does it says about her?

More or less what Vlad said:
[ QUOTE ]

- Her mod - she maybe woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
- She/He already has a bodyfriend/girlfriend
- PMS ^^ ABC girls are going to bash me for this one
- Different sexuality
And many many more.

[/ QUOTE ]

So just get over it [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<font color="navy">For you were bought at a price, therefore, <u>glorify God</u> in your BODY and in your SPIRIT, which are God's.
-- 1 Corinthians 6:20
</font>
Old 08-29-2005, 12:13 AM
Adam Knowlden should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Crushes can end pretty quick.

If a girl you liked rejects you, you'll get over it pretty quick. There's a million cute girls out there.

You may wonder why she said no, but its not worth over analyzing. I personally believe God is going to hook me up with the right person, so if a girl turns me down, I chalk it up as God's got my back and the girl was not the one for me, and just leave it at that. Chances are if I knew the reasons why God prevented the relationship, I'd be thanking Him big time. lol

But there have been times I've had to let relationships go because the girl is not at the same level spiritually, even though I really liked her and that is tough, but again, just chalk it up as God's got your back. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2005, 05:40 PM
geek_kittie should change his/her status!
Stranger

I don't believe I've ever been rejected in that regard. Of course I never put myself out there to be rejected in the first place. I was someone who was teased a lot for being ugly so I pretty much expected rejection wherever I went.

I remember a boyfriend I had in high school ended our relationship and it really hurt my ego. I wasn't in love with him or sad that we weren't dating, but being rejected just sucks no matter where it comes from. It doesn't even have to be in a romantic way. It could come from friends, a potential job, a dog that would rather sniff it's butt than play fetch with you, or from a complete stranger that you couldn't care less about. Rejection is just always going to bruise your ego and make you sore.

Admittedly, when I feel rejected, my first reaction is to get some kind of childlike revenge. Don't worry, I don't act on this. Because I know in a few minutes/hours I am going to be over it and if I responded emotionally, I would only feel stupid later on.

It's just one of those things that time takes care of. I definitely don't believe you should let the fear of rejection get in your way because it's something we all need to experience in some form or another. We'll feel crappy about it for awhile, but we move on and feel better.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:12 PM
betsylauren should change his/her status!
Rookie

[ QUOTE ]
I personally believe God is going to hook me up with the right person, so if a girl turns me down, I chalk it up as God's got my back and the girl was not the one for me, and just leave it at that. Chances are if I knew the reasons why God prevented the relationship, I'd be thanking Him big time. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

That is an AWESOME perspective to have! So, so true, too.

In college, I spent a solid two months batting my eyelashes furiously at this guy that I thought was just perfect for me. I mean, I tried everything (short of asking him out directly; I'm a Southern girl! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) to get him to notice me. Even all of our mutual friends were telling him we'd be great together. But, eventually I got the message and gave up. It was pretty depressing at the time.

One week later, my future husband (who is so superior to that other guy that I had assumed he was WAY out of my league and didn't even bother trying) asked me out, and the rest is history! And, he has muscles and everything!! How cool is that?!? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So, it requires some frustration and a whole lot of patience sometimes, but God'll really hook you up if you just stay out of his way!
Old 09-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Adam Knowlden should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Cool testimony bestylauren!! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 09-04-2005, 08:10 PM
gold should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

i got rejected twice in junior high and once in highschool. the thing you have to keep in mind is that maybe those girls werent for you - i know i found out later in those same days that maybe i wasnt that into it, and mostly get blinded by appearance. i made it a goal of mine to see girls as friends first, then date, then turn it into something solid. i mean the times i have done that have given me two solid relationships, one is my ex gf who i dated though hs, and is now one of my best friends, and one is my current gf, who im now moving with to australia.

but the fact of the matter is - if you stop swinging the bat, you wont get any bases, and definately no runs in.
squat : 320 lbs
DL : 400 lbs -(january 20th 2006)

There is no such thing as a plateau, there is no natural frame you cant push past.there is no wall.
Closed Thread