There is no pain greater than the pain of rejection. - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 03:34 PM
eugen should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default There is no pain greater than the pain of rejection.

what will u do if u get rejected by a girl or a guy?
I know few escaped this hard feeling...
will u try again?
will u forget about it?
will u react in anger and say harsh words?

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2005, 03:50 PM
X-Factor should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: There is no pain greater than the pain of rejection.

I hate to sound like some conceided idiot, but I've never really been rejected. However let me elaborate, I never put myself out there, I always ask in a way that is non-threatening, and ask when the signs are there, I have numerous girls that I've gone out with as FRIENDS, that is the basis of all relationships, I never ask for a "date" I see if she wants to shoot hoops, go for a jog, see a movie, or go eat carmels or something, as a FRIEND....95% of the time the reaction is good, but 5% some will say "no" per se, but all that means is that I got rejected for friendship. And besides there is nothing persitence and determination won't get you.....except jail time if you're an idiot.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Kroenen should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I just got used to getting rejected. The first few times hurts, but after awhile it loses its sting. If you stop asking girls out or for their numbers all together, then you won't ever get em to begin with?

I say keep trying!
Old 08-01-2005, 06:19 PM
l0stsheep is practicing beginner's mind

"To love at all is to be vulnerable.

Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness.

But in that casket--safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.

The only place outside Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers of love is Hell."

-C.S. Lewis

I've gotten rejected quite a few times. But its the desire, or the hope I should say, of finding that certain someone who will compliment you and make you happy that makes us saddle up and try to love again. Being rejected(or dumped) hurts everytime. But it's inherent in us humans to love and want to be loved. So what do I do? I try again everytime. Why? Because you can't win anything if you fold everytime. And, to me, the thought of "her" being the ONE out weighs the momentary heart-ache that might come if she says "no."

A list of Forum Rules For ABCbodybuilding - Click Here For In Depth Bible Studies - ABC Store

"...Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death." -Philippians 1:20

Authentic Happiness
Old 08-01-2005, 09:40 PM
skysthelimit should change his/her status!
Lightweight

How exactly were you rejected? Were you told to back off straight up? Perhaps you need to modify your appraoch and ease into it. I have been rejected, but neither person had to say anything for me to realize it.
"Whether they will admit it or not, all men love fighting. Watching it or engaging in it ignites in us our true selves that have been diluted by thousands of years of culture and refinement, the selves that we are constantly told to deny for the greater good."
-- James Frey, A Million Little Pieces
Old 08-01-2005, 09:41 PM
steakzilla should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Well love is like hockey, you take a shot, your not always ginna score. But you definatley wouldn't score if you if you didn't shoot. So all you can do is curse out the goalie, and try again. And you might not get another chance, because then there might be a lockout, and then you go with out any scoring for a year. Then they finally make a deal and theres a new season, so your so extatic that even the thought of hockey leaves you feeling like you scored...
anyway, like I said Hockey freacken rules
Old 08-01-2005, 09:59 PM
skysthelimit should change his/her status!
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]
Well love is like hockey, you take a shot, your not always ginna score. But you definatley wouldn't score if you if you didn't shoot. So all you can do is curse out the goalie, and try again. And you might not get another chance, because then there might be a lockout, and then you go with out any scoring for a year. Then they finally make a deal and theres a new season, so your so extatic that even the thought of hockey leaves you feeling like you scored...

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, that is, by far, the most awesome description of love ever. I just emailed that to all my friend. You are the coolest guy alive.
"Whether they will admit it or not, all men love fighting. Watching it or engaging in it ignites in us our true selves that have been diluted by thousands of years of culture and refinement, the selves that we are constantly told to deny for the greater good."
-- James Frey, A Million Little Pieces
Old 08-02-2005, 06:27 AM
eugen should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice words. 10/10
Old 08-05-2005, 09:29 AM
xen_baby should change his/her status!
Rookie

Hey, coming for a girl...I cant stand when men approach me. I feel threatended, and disrespected. ESPECIALLY when they say something as low as, "hey sexy..." or anything that implies that they dont really want to know me, they just want to know what's underneith my pants. There was this guy i was seeing for a long time. ANd i fell for him because he drove me absolutly nuts. He would purposly try and piss me off to get attention. Nothing drastic, but he'd just bug me. That was nice. Another guy, as i was walking home from some where with my big bottle of water, had asked me if he could have a sip from my bottle! I was stunned, but it made me stop for a second. I didnt give it to him, and he was rejected.. but you cant come off as if you are trying to pick her up, or trying to get with her. Like X factor said, Make it like you want to know her, and be her friend. And then piss her off a little, bug her, and then thats it. But dont take rejection so hard. Its not a big deal, and really.. dont let yoruself come off as if you're trying to pick her up.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:34 AM
BrothaMan325 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

im not one to give up easy. my last girlfriend said no 5 times, and she had a boyfriend at the time. so i kinda go after what i want, once i know i want it. but in general i say, get use to it. even more so if ur a guy. thats just part of dating, life in general. the way i see it, if she says no, shes the one missing out. move onto the next one. now if its a good friend and you have known eachother for a long time. than tread lightly and respectfully.
Closed Thread