Question regarding PWO carb/meal intake for cardio session - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 03:16 AM
Altezza should change his/her status!

Default Question regarding PWO carb/meal intake for cardio session

Something I have been wondering about..

Yes, I have read and understand window of opportunity for PWO. I myself follow that for bulking/cutting, but recently, I was explaining to some of my girl friends(as in friends.. -.-) about cutting and some important points.

When it came to PWO meal, they said something about how fat is burned at a good rate 30 min or so after <u>cardio work out</u> . I have already explained them how cardio surpassing 1 hour is not good for them as they would lose more muscle than fat. and I do believe 30 min PWO after cardio would be the same.
But just to make sure, can someone back me up here? Or correct me for that matter.

To sum it up, it would be these 3 questions. With 1st one being directly related to the paragraph above.

1. And if what I believe is true, than they should be following the window of opportunity article, right?

2. Is PWO meal any different for cardio work out and resistance work out?

3. If somebody would care to explain, is there any other reason of maintaining/growing lean muscle mass through proper PWO in cutting other than for higher metabolism = higher caloric output?

Thanx in advance for all your help. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
(and sorry for long post [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Old 07-26-2005, 09:57 AM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Default Re: Question regarding PWO carb/meal intake for cardio session

1. PWO shake from Window of opportunity is for after your weight training sessions only.

2. From the 13 week fat burning diet on post workout meals for lifting and cardio days:

[ QUOTE ]
Meal Two Weight Lifting Day ( Post Workout Meal ) - Read, The Window of Opportunity

Meal Two Cardio Day - On this day I suggest a complex starchy carb, rather than a sugar spike. Just enough carbs to lower cortisol. So rather than have punch, eat a baked sweet potato with some splenda and a protein source such as whey protein or lean chicken.

[/ QUOTE ]

3. Please explain question # 3 in more specific terms. I am trying to figure out what you mean here. Now, don't you want to maintain muscle mass also for strenght?

So long as you're getting your heart-rate to around 65% of your VO2 max for 30-60 minutes.Fuel sources metabolized during exercise absolutely have a lot to do with fat loss. If you utilize glycogen stores and deplete them, your body will divert attention post exercise to replenish the muscle and liver glycogen stores. The fats burned from adipose tissue will not be replaced. This is why we work on the V02 of around 65%. The reason why long duration cardio burns more fat is because it centers in on the fat stores and PRESERVES muscle glycogen.

Of course, what I mentioned above is a combination of statements by YU and Eduatty on different threads to give you an overall perspective.

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 07-26-2005, 03:10 PM

Thank you for your reply littleamazon. ^^

I have just two more simple questions.

Just a follow up question from #2, when do you recommend having the complex starch carb + protein post cardio meal? As in minutes after the cardio session is done.

And, last question, would you recommend doing one long cardio exercise of 40 to 60 min or two seperate 30 min cardio exercises? (such as combination of running + stair master, etc)

Thank you again in advance. ^^
Old 07-26-2005, 03:31 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Altezza:

I do cardio in the evenings and weights in the mornings.
I do two machines, one hour total training..half hour each. So I get into one 30 min and then continue on the other one 30 min.

As for the eating after cardio..30 minutes to 1. Now, I schedule my cardio..so that it occurs 1 hr - 1.5 hrs after my last full meal...and I eat every 3 hrs so by the time that I get home, it is time for eating.

Amazon

We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

Old 07-26-2005, 03:49 PM

Thanks again littleamazon.

You made them very clear and easy to understand. ^^
Old 07-27-2005, 08:34 AM
getnbgr should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Excellent posts LA [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

http://www.tag-board.com/smilies/bowl.gif

********** getnbgr's Training Journal **********
Old 07-27-2005, 09:44 AM
National Champion

Thanks getnbgr!
Keep asking questions Altezza! We are here to help! The goal is to learn more about your body, your strenghts and your weak areas as an athlete and embrace the challenge of becoming the best athlete you can be, in your own terms.

Amazon

Old 07-28-2005, 12:24 AM

Thx LA ^^

I will keep on participating in this forum.
You guys are really great. Thx : )
Closed Thread