Help for GF's diet please :0) - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 11:44 AM
biguprastafari should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Help for GF\'s diet please :0)

Hey all,

Ok, So i've done my best to structure a workout plan and diet for my girlfriend. But time contraints with work means I have to group several muscle groups together in one day. She is going for the swimsuit model look, not the bodybuilder look! But wants to have the tone, feminine/sexy striations (not manly ones) and obviously the six pack. She was very athletic but has been more career focused recently and hasnt worked out in a while.

It's been a month now and she's got some fairly good results, but I just wanted to know you guys opinion and make sure she's on the right track. Her cuts are slight and still got a little bulkiness in the arms. She's asian so she doesn't have a huge booty, but she's working hard on it, with the compound leg excercises and stairmaster.

I would hate for her to work so hard and not optimize on her results, shes already showed signs of not being satisfied. Here is the diet and workout, any advice would be appreciated, thanks!!!!

WORKOUT

Monday: Chest, Back
Tuesday: 30mins Stairmaster, 15 mins Treadmill
Wednesday: Quads, Hams, Calves
Thursday: 30mins Stairmaster, 15 mins Treadmill
Friday: Bi's, Tri's, Shoulders
Saturday: 30mins Stairmaster, 15 mins Treadmill

DIET

Meal 1: Oatmeal, Whey, Multivitamin, Calcium
Meal 2: Chicken/Turkey Sandwhich (with Veggies or Salad on wholewheat)
Meal 3: PWO Shake

Meal 4 after Cardio: Yam/Sweet Potato, Steak/Chicken, LGV, EFA's
Meal 4 after weights: Steak/Chicken, LGV, EFA's

Meal 5: Steak/Chicken, LGV, EFA's
Meal 6: Cottage Cheese

I forgot to mention, she's 24, 5'7" and weighs 134lbs.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:52 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Default Re: Help for GF\'s diet please :0)

How are you calculating her cals? Are you calorie cycling? What is she not happy about? Check this for some ideas:

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/13wee...urningdiet.php

Also, you might want to print for her the article on

How women differ from men by Tuf:

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/genderdiffer.php

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 07-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Rookie

Thanks little amazon, you're always so ready to help! I'll pass that info on to her. In your opinion, do you have any comments on her workout of diet, assuming calorie intake is optimal?
Old 07-18-2005, 11:46 AM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

For me, big, the issue is to assess her caloric and nutritional needs to avoid starvation and sacrifice of muscle mass. Has she had her body fat percentage assessed? Then you can go from there. On specific foods and intakes, she maybe could use more variety on her complex carbs adding brown rice, wild rice. I am puertorican and we eat a lot of rice in our diets. I love wild rice. Also, remember that depending on the time of the day she does her activity, complex carbs will be or not present on her pre and post workout meals..

Also, add variety to the seasonings she uses for cooking. Maybe you can setup a time a week, together to cook at least some of your meals like the protein, and then have everything else easy to cook on the fly. For workout, you would need to post specific exercises. For the sake of variety, treadmills and elliptical have fat burning and cardio programs you can use for variety.

Let me explain this last one. I do cardio 4 times a week, 60 min total. 30 min treadmill, 30 min elliptical. I never do a machine less than 25 min and eventhough I choose the fat burning or cardio mode, there are different programs for each. I never get bored of my cardio that way. So, add variety here. If she's been using the same music all along, new cd's or mp3's might help her push further.

How many sessions does she do in a day?
Maybe if you post her exercises in order, at least for one day, we can add variety with the sequence and the shocking methods used.

Amazon

We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Rookie

Her workout itself is great, she tears it up. I don't have any issues for shocking methods or variety, but just need to make sure the diet it ok. She went to Vegas this weekend with her gf's and she got hit on a lot. Shes naturally athletic looking and very pretty, but she just wants to take it to the next level as far as fitness level and tone etc..

I noticed this morning she's looking a lot more toned. It's mainly the arms that don't have the major cuts, lower body is looking great!. If anything, i'll lower her calories a little more over the next few weeks and monitor that for a while. Thanks for your help. By the way, Peurto Rican girls are hot! I'm originally from Trinidad and love women of Colour!
Old 07-18-2005, 12:44 PM
National Champion

Thanks for the compliments. If she's not on plateau..why lower cals? BTW, a cheat timed correctly, can aid on a cut *not frequently, of course*

Maybe, check what combinations you are doing *in terms of sequence* for shoulders, biceps and triceps to promote separation?

Amazon

Old 07-18-2005, 01:21 PM
Rookie

Based on the current workout plan above, how could I alter it to promote separation? Basically she has three days for weights, and three days for cardio (six days total, 1-1.5hrs a day), based on her schedules availability. Would you recommend a more effective split?
Old 07-18-2005, 01:42 PM
National Champion

Training twice a day...once in the morning and once in the evening? OR...doing cardio outside the gym like at home?
Give priority to lagging parts on training.

Because if you are talking about her arms...shouldn't shoulders have a training session by itself, then you could work biceps and tri's on another day with other training methods?

If not possible, what is the sequence of exercises for shoulders/biceps/triceps that you are using? Are you training from all the possible angles?

Amazon

Old 07-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Rookie

3 sets (10,8,6) on each excercise:

Shoulders:
Front Lateral Raises
Side Lateral Raises
Military press w/dumbells
Shrugs
Upright Rows

Bi's:
Standing curls
Barbell Curls
Preacher Curls
Hammer Curls

Tri's:
Behind the head extensions
Pull downs
Extension machine
Bent over dumbell extensions
Old 07-19-2005, 10:09 AM
National Champion

Shoulders:

Front Lateral Raises ss Side Lateral Raises
Bent Over Rows
Upright Rows ss Military press w dumbbells
Shrugs

Bi's:

Standing curls ss Hammer Curls
Preacher curls
21's

Triceps:

Dips
Behind the head extensions *one arm* ss triceps kickback *switch arms*
Pulldowns
Lying Triceps Extensions.

Let me know what you think. I have reused some of your exercises, supersetting them. The amount of reps depends on you as well as sets. I have added other exercises as well.

Amazon

Closed Thread