Who is more fond of muscles? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 05:07 AM
eugen should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Who is more fond of muscles?

I've noticed that kids are more fond of muscles than grown ups are.......
When i go visit my relatives , kids come jumping around asking me to flex and asking me what to eat in order to have such muscles.
While on the other hand , grown ups in general and women in particular rarely care for muscles. i list my pic on a site and girls emailed me telling me that i am too mascular and that is not sexy at all. lol.

Why do u think about this?

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2005, 06:26 AM
Chiron should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Who is more fond of muscles?

Its all about personal preferences. Some want muscular guys, some skinny guys, some fat, some just well built, the list goes on. End of the day its about feeling comfortable with your partner.
My opinion on women not worrying about muscles is that they just want a well-toned figure and dont wanna end up huge like a pro-bodybuilder. But there are exceptions were we have female bodybuilders and boy do they look good.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:58 AM
nicoledominique should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Hmm, interesting -- I've noticed that children are amazed with muscles as well. When we were growing up, my little sister and I would always ask our dad to flex his muscles for us and when he did we would giggle and laugh.

Now that I'm an adult, however, I find that my many of my peers and those older than myself claim to dislike muscles. I say "claim" because I think that for the most part adults find muscles intimidating -- especially to those who are out of shape and lack the motivation to go to the gym everyday and develop their own physiques.

I pretty much would guarantee that if those people who claim to "hate" muscular bodies, got in the gym and began to shape and build themselves, they would begin to see the whole issue in a different light.

I think a lot of it has to do with self confidence. That's why most of us have had people come up to us and ask us (with horrified looks on their faces), "Why do you work out SO much??!" or "Why would you want to get SO big??", OR my favorite, "I think you're obsessed with working out." It's not obsession, it's dedication -- There's a difference.

I like muscular bodies because I am confident. If I am working my butt off in the gym everyday, I respect those who do the same. Simple as that.

http://pix2.hotornot.com/pics/HR/H8/...HUHZRNTMEP.jpgL.M.B - ripped. My idol.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:26 AM
lots4waldy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
because I think that for the most part adults find muscles intimidating -- especially to those who are out of shape and lack the motivation to go to the gym everyday and develop their own physiques.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you just figured out about what 90% of the cases are.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:05 PM
t-man should change his/her status!
Middleweight

haha yeah, it's always easiest to find an excuse 'nah i dont liek his build, he's too big' when in reality it's 'i cant get myself to look like that so maybe if i trash it, no one will care'

http://www.geocities.com/habib_1.geo/0023.jpg
Old 07-15-2005, 11:59 AM
Amateur Animal should change his/her status!
Middleweight

i think the younger generation in general is more fond, we are in a day and age where physical education is more important than it ever was, reasoning? people start getting fat as kids, and noone wants to raise a fat kid, as long as its not genetic, it shows lack of discipline(self and parental), lack of restraint, and a lack of attitude...
i also think the media is playing a big part, every day, the glorification of strong men, and skinny women gets stronger and stronger, its all about conformity, noone wants to be left out, also, as we grow up, alot of Meatheads, get into lifting,let arrogance get to them, and use it for fighting, i can name countless people i know that just love to get drunk and start fights, and alot of people(men and women) relate this irrational, barbaric behavior to lifting weights or being strong, and are completely intimidated/deferred by that. the fact that we take care/mold/shape our bodies, is only respected by the informed, and interested, not the uneducated and over opinionated, all i say is, whatever, survival of the fittest right, all the idiots will die off someday....someday....
Old 07-15-2005, 12:04 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

I think kids. All my neighborhood kids are crazy about my weights. My daughter and I pose in front of the mirror. She loves going to bodybuilding shows with me and she's only 5. She understands that it is ok if my muscles hurt *DOMS* after working them out, and that it will be ok when we get enough rest and quality food, because then we get stronger.

Needless to say..she asked me for a pair of dumbbells.

Kids are more fond and in general, they don't see it as gender related. They admire muscles in both men and women as well as strenght.

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 07-15-2005, 12:30 PM
Bantamweight

i wish i can know why things tend to take different shapes and concepts when we grow up...
Old 07-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Bantamweight

Maybe my sig asks the same question: we are al born originals , why do we die copies?
Old 07-18-2005, 04:51 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

I think the reason "we all die copies" is because we stop taking risks (not dumb risks, but healthy ones.)
Closed Thread