Discouraged - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 08:54 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Default Discouraged

Okay, I hope this post is okay, b/c it has nothing to do w/BB or anything to that regard. I've been trying to access the dept. of education federal aid form for 1/2 an hour and it keeps telling me server down, only when I go to fill out form, or this page cannot be displayed. I'm almost in tears right now b/c I've been telling myself I'm going to go to school (colllege) the past 6 years and haven't. I know this may sound silly to some people and I know others have gone through and survived much much worse, but I really need to vent. I haven't done it for the past year b/c I bought a house and support it by myself so I'm scared to jump into another huge financial obligation alone. So, I told myself today at work that I was going to go home tonight and do this and it didn't work. I'm so upset b/c I do not even have a clue what degree I want, I just know that I need to start now or I'll never do it and I feel like this was a sign. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Okay, so I feel a little better, but extremley discouraged. HOw am I suppose to make a decision about what I want to do for the next 50 years. I know all hope isn't lost, but somedays when it's one thing right after another it just sucks.

I know God won't give me anymore than I can handle so I appreciate him thinking I'm this strong!!

Thanks for listening!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 07-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Kristen should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Discouraged

Sweetpea! Deep breaths...
I know how daunting this all seems, and discouraging - but, when you finally get to college - and you will! - all of your struggles will be totally worth it. I'm just graduating from college this summer, and let me tell you - I changed my mind about 400 times about what I wanted to do...choose something that you're passionate about...something that challenges you, and gets you to think. One of the best things about a liberal arts education is the fact that you get to try out a whole lot of things before you settle on one - and I'm still not completely settled on one. You most definitely do not need to know what you want your degree to be in - sometimes the best things are the things you stumble upon.

The fact that the site is down is NOT a sign - tomorrow is a new day. Technology is sometimes shoddy, and frustrating! Keep your head up girl - we are all here for you, for anything, all of the time. Today was just one of those days - one thing after another. A clear head going into this will help you tons....tomorrow is a brand new day...a clean slate, to start over again...

Training Journal
Old 07-08-2005, 07:06 AM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
Sweetpea! Deep breaths...
I know how daunting this all seems, and discouraging - but, when you finally get to college - and you will! - all of your struggles will be totally worth it. I'm just graduating from college this summer, and let me tell you - I changed my mind about 400 times about what I wanted to do...choose something that you're passionate about...something that challenges you, and gets you to think. One of the best things about a liberal arts education is the fact that you get to try out a whole lot of things before you settle on one - and I'm still not completely settled on one. You most definitely do not need to know what you want your degree to be in - sometimes the best things are the things you stumble upon.

The fact that the site is down is NOT a sign - tomorrow is a new day. Technology is sometimes shoddy, and frustrating! Keep your head up girl - we are all here for you, for anything, all of the time. Today was just one of those days - one thing after another. A clear head going into this will help you tons....tomorrow is a brand new day...a clean slate, to start over again...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Kristen!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Normally I'm a glass is half full person, but yesterday just had me way down!!!! And you're so right, today is a new day to try over again!!!

And maybe that's what I need to do...stumble on my career choice and not put so much pressure on myself to konw before I start!! I'm happy where I am and make good money, but I would like to be happier, make a little more $$ and do something that helps people in a more direct way!!! Whatever it is, I must put it in God hands and allow him to show me the path he has designed for me (I think I need a sign somewhere to remind me of this, often). [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 07-08-2005, 07:21 AM
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Kristen!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Normally I'm a glass is half full person, but yesterday just had me way down!!!! And you're so right, today is a new day to try over again!!!

And maybe that's what I need to do...stumble on my career choice and not put so much pressure on myself to konw before I start!! I'm happy where I am and make good money, but I would like to be happier, make a little more $$ and do something that helps people in a more direct way!!! Whatever it is, I must put it in God hands and allow him to show me the path he has designed for me (I think I need a sign somewhere to remind me of this, often). [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem at all...that's what friends are for! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
I'm the kind of person, too, who likes to know what's going on before anything starts - so, college, and thinking about what I wanted to do was hard! Stumbling upon something may actually be best - you never know what's out there until you give yourself the chance to try.

[ QUOTE ]
I must put it in God hands and allow him to show me the path he has designed for me

[/ QUOTE ]
You should write this down on a piece of paper, and carry it with you in your wallet [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hang in there!!!

Training Journal
Old 07-08-2005, 01:30 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
You should write this down on a piece of paper, and carry it with you in your wallet

Hang in there!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea, I'm going to do this and actually print up in photoshop on my computer and hang it on the fridge and at work!!!

I've determiend my technology problem is my computer. It keeps saying this page cannot be displayed for half the sites I'm trying to access, which is a bummer!! And I am fairly computer literate, but not when it comes to those kinds of details!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Again, thanks so much!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2005, 02:47 PM
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
Great idea, I'm going to do this and actually print up in photoshop on my computer and hang it on the fridge and at work!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
awesome!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I've determiend my technology problem is my computer. It keeps saying this page cannot be displayed for half the sites I'm trying to access, which is a bummer!! And I am fairly computer literate, but not when it comes to those kinds of details!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...it could be your internet connection :P Stinkin technology....LOL

Training Journal
Old 07-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Coz is back with a vengeance
Super Moderator

I don't have much to add Sweetpea except that I hope you are feeling better today! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Forum Rules - ABC's Index of Bible Studies - ABC Store - My Journal

Hebrews 10:35-36
(35) Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. (36) For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein

"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know."
- Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Arnold, Franco and Sly at Gold's Gym.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:39 AM
skysthelimit should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Sorry to hear that you're down. One thing I kind of recommend is getting some people to live in that house with you and use the rent to pay for part of the morgage. The financial obligation of owning a house would drag me into the ground mentally even if I could afford it.
"Whether they will admit it or not, all men love fighting. Watching it or engaging in it ignites in us our true selves that have been diluted by thousands of years of culture and refinement, the selves that we are constantly told to deny for the greater good."
-- James Frey, A Million Little Pieces
Old 07-09-2005, 04:14 AM
Shoulders should change his/her status!
Stranger

You can achieve anything, and this is no exception, Cheer up, I hope your feeling better, infact you wanna feel yourself feeling better!
Old 07-10-2005, 03:17 AM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Thanks everyone for the support!!!! It means so very much to me!!! I've filled out my financil aid form and had to do it at work. I do think it's an internet connection problem...but that probably won't get fixed b/c I don't know how!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm in much higher spirts and have a very positive outlook on things!! I know it won't be easy, but it'll be worth it!! I'm scared, but I think that's natural and all this wil give me more fuel the fire in the gym!!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Closed Thread