Unequal boobs - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 08:54 AM
SusieQ should change his/her status!

Default Unequal boobs

Hi ladies,

This is a really naff question but here goes.

I made a decision that I was going to lose my fat and exercise for my health rather than my vanity. However, by the time I've got the fat of my waist, my bust will have all but disappeared. No matter, I can live with that BUT I'm finding it is now noticeable that I am bigger on one side, the left, than the other (or smaller depending whether you an optimist or a pressimist [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]).

I notice that the rib area which is now more prominent is also bigger on my left side.

I swim a fair bit and I'm wondering if I am perhaps reaching more on one side than the other when I swim. I breathe to both sides so I shouldn't be swimming uneven.

It may just be that I was always that way. I was painfully thin in my teens and I can vaguely remember a time when I thought that, but it's so long ago and I doubt I was rational about it as a teenager.

At 53, I'm not going to fret about it too much but I wondered if it was down to my swimming and if there is anything I can do to compensate with my multi-gym??

Regards, S
Old 07-03-2005, 09:31 AM
lots4waldy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Unequal boobs

You know, I heard someone say once that when they did pec exercises, their boobs became smaller. At first I thought that made sense, but now I don't know. Wouldn't that be like spot training and people can't spot train? Those are just my thoughs...

Also, I've realized, when someone loses a large amount of weight, you begin to realize things that the fat has perviously covered. I found out I had a butt after I lost weight.

About your ribcage, I have no idea what to tell you.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:17 PM
X-Factor should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Don't think it is anything you should worry about really.

If anything, I say hit the side of your chest harder that is smaller.

For instance if you have a chest press machine on your multi. Do a few extra sets on the smaller side.

good luck! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2005, 09:39 PM
kingcrimbud should change his/her status!

Most women's chest is naturally uneven...

The same goes with a man's testicles. The left side is often bigger i believe....
Old 07-03-2005, 10:52 PM
lots4waldy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

The boob being uneven thing is normal. I think actually everything is slightly eneven, nothing is perfectly symetrical. Then again nothing is perfect...anyway! I'm just not sure if its normal that one whole side of her ribcage is bigger...
Old 07-04-2005, 03:03 AM
SusieQ should change his/her status!

Thanks everyone.

I might try the idea of just a few more reps on the right side and see what happens. Pec dec?

I must admit it was the rib cage being different that threw me and of course I'm noticing more now I've lost a fair bit of weight/fat.

I think it may be a combination of what's normal, and possibly I'm swimming stronger, eg more reach and pull on one side than the other. I'll get a friend to see if she can spot any anomilies.

S
Old 07-04-2005, 02:08 PM
X-Factor should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

OK, well if one seems "higher" up and bigger, then try doing some 1 sided incline presses. That should help "elevate" a bit.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:27 PM
BrothaMan325 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

lifting with one arm on a lift will not effect the placemet, or lift of the breasts. although the underlying muscle can be worked, the remaining fat tissue ( the breast) sorta falls where it falls. so in working out and loosing weight, your fat tissue will decrease( making the breast look smaller) but the placement of them can't be changed to any significant degree without a medical fix.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:33 PM
skysthelimit should change his/her status!
Lightweight

You might have some for of postural problem like Scoliosis. THis could affect the shap of your ribcage because of irregularities in the spine.
"Whether they will admit it or not, all men love fighting. Watching it or engaging in it ignites in us our true selves that have been diluted by thousands of years of culture and refinement, the selves that we are constantly told to deny for the greater good."
-- James Frey, A Million Little Pieces
Old 07-06-2005, 05:35 AM
The Pebble should change his/her status!
Rookie

Just a thought, breasts wil look smaller when following an exercise regime 'cause of fat loss and also smaller 'cause the pectoral muscles surrounding them get larger? Does that make sense?
Closed Thread