Do you ever feel - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 12:47 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Default Re: Do you ever feel

Awesome thread!!!
The same thing happened to me when I used to go out a lot at night..and my friends drank. I stuck to my decision not to, and had fun anyway, sticking to my choices but not rubbing it in on anyone. In the end, whenever someone offered me a drink, my friends would say: "She doesn't drink!" LOL.

It is all about choices. We all make them. You can't be responsible for other's choices, neither feel guilty for them.

If ever asked why you eat this way, just be honest. "I like to eat this kind of food because it gives me energy, helps me be strong and I really like it!"

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 06-18-2005, 01:56 PM
Adam Knowlden should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Great testimony pebble!

Brothaman gave great advice!

Bodybuilding is much like Christianity. We don't "fit" in with the rest of the world, we're existing at a higher level. We're not better, just dedicated to truth.

It can be akward to not join in the ways of the world, but in the end the truth is too powerful to deny.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:35 AM
huskerwr38 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I know exactly how you guys feel. My girlfriend's dad is a cook!!! They eat just horrible stuff. And when I eat over, I'm afraid I'll offend him if I don't eat what he had cooked. They put butter and sour cream on just about everything. Or they deep fat fry everything. Usually when I know I'll be eating over there, I just use that as my cheat meal for the week. But, I try and rarely eat over there.
BF%: 10%
Certification: NSCA CSCS

Hard work always pays off!!!
My photos
Old 06-19-2005, 09:30 AM
lots4waldy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
I know exactly how you guys feel. My girlfriend's dad is a cook!!! They eat just horrible stuff. And when I eat over, I'm afraid I'll offend him if I don't eat what he had cooked. They put butter and sour cream on just about everything. Or they deep fat fry everything. Usually when I know I'll be eating over there, I just use that as my cheat meal for the week. But, I try and rarely eat over there.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how my mom cooks. Its horrible. When I was younger she always made me stay away from sugars and excessive uneeded foods. She never really cared about calories, just what they were coming from. Then since I was deprived, I went out and ate my weight in junk every weekend. Gained weight, my mom kept telling me to lose weight, eventually I did, now she says I'm too skinny. So now, she pours oils into EVERYTHING! Its horrible. So a couple months ago I decided to completely stay away from anything she cooks. I only eat what I make myself. My house is like a mental obstacle course for me. When she went food shopping she got junk she knows I like and want to eat but don't let myself. So I got tired of it, my dad did too, so we plotted against her and now I'm the one who goes grocery shopping for the family.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:25 AM
huskerwr38 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

thats a good one
BF%: 10%
Certification: NSCA CSCS

Hard work always pays off!!!
My photos
Old 06-20-2005, 12:01 AM
Kroenen should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Pizza? Fast food? Its not like they are preparing it or sweating for hours to make it themselves! Really, what difference would it make if you brought your own, not like they are making you anything anyways.

I did that once, just brought my own food because I didn't feel like eating duck. I was never really invited back but that was my goal so who cares!! I don't see why people take food so personally in these situations. I mean, why do all get togethers and family events always revolve around food. Its just like Dr. Phil said, that is why people are so obese in our society. What ever happened to just getting together and having fun?
Old 06-20-2005, 07:14 AM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
Bodybuilding is much like Christianity. We don't "fit" in with the rest of the world, we're existing at a higher level. We're not better, just dedicated to truth.

It can be akward to not join in the ways of the world, but in the end the truth is too powerful to deny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never looked at it from that point of view. Thanks for that spin b/c I'm a strong Christian and do not give into the ways of the world in that aspect so neither should I when it comes to this!!!! Awesome!!!

[ QUOTE ]
If ever asked why you eat this way, just be honest. "I like to eat this kind of food because it gives me energy, helps me be strong and I really like it!"

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a great way to put in Amazon!! It gets the point across and shouldn't be taken in anyway offensive!!

[ QUOTE ]
Pizza? Fast food? Its not like they are preparing it or sweating for hours to make it themselves! Really, what difference would it make if you brought your own, not like they are making you anything anyways.

I did that once, just brought my own food because I didn't feel like eating duck. I was never really invited back but that was my goal so who cares!! I don't see why people take food so personally in these situations. I mean, why do all get togethers and family events always revolve around food. Its just like Dr. Phil said, that is why people are so obese in our society. What ever happened to just getting together and having fun?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can for sure have fun without the involvement of food. I was more concerned with offending someone than anything else!!! However, you did bring up excellent points!!

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 06-20-2005, 08:47 AM
RNP should change his/her status!
Lightweight

This is such a motivating post for me, I tend to eat dinner at other people's houses quite often and usually count them as unavoidable cheat meals. Why I never thought to bring my own food I do not know. Hehe.

Now I know what I'll be able to do next time I go to someone's house and they ask me why I brought my own food or am eating so differently from everybody else and not having the dessert...although they do make the food they provide.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:19 AM
RobCannella is Tired, but still standing.
Light-Heavyweight

Just tell them your tranining for a run against cancer and obesity. Its pretty true if you think about it.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:35 AM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
Great testimony pebble!

[/ QUOTE ]

But hasn't it happened to you that when you look at the ways of the world...you get totally disgusted?

When you know the true purpose of our existance, to serve, then you see in all the ways of the world the rebelry towards our real purpose.

How the ways of the world, based on the flesh deviate us from finding a life that is fulfilling, that is complete, where we can embrace each other truly, as people instead of objects of passion, lust, greed. The ways of the world are a mockery to the true way to happiness. A human, mythical, self-centered version of happiness that is so shallow, it is only guaranteed to bring ****ation.

And this is why I get the feeling...I will never date again. The idea of premarital sex just disgustes me.

Yeah, I am on my preacher mode today. Sorry old school, I know that's your turf. lol.

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Closed Thread