Do you ever feel - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 08:51 AM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Default Do you ever feel

Do you ever feel like you're imposing on others. For example, tonight my boyfriend wants to go to his parents house for dinner. Which is fine, he's home for 3 weeks on mid-tour leave and I enjoy spending time w/them. However, I dread eating with them. They do not eat healthy at all...never any veggies with meals...pizza..sausage...fried food..fast food...all the things I don't eat b/c they do not promote the healthy lifestyle they want to eat. Well, his mom called and said I now Fay isn't big on pizza, but that's what I want to have. I don't want to offend anyone by taking my own food or not eating, but at the same time I don't spend time in the gym to ruin it w/a poor diet. They know what I'll eat, but I don't feel it's appropriate to make any requests...any thoughs??

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 06-16-2005, 09:43 AM
BrothaMan325 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Do you ever feel

i would go and be nice, bring your own stuff and join in on the dinner. they should understand if they are respectfull. Joe and I go through the same thing all the time with our friends and food/drinking whatever it may be. if they care about you they will understand. like Joe and I, you may meet some resistance at first( difference is always hard) but give them time. they will learn to see you for who you are and respect your choices. who knows you may even rub off on them. keep ur head up and keep smiling through it all. it will work out.BM
Old 06-16-2005, 11:04 AM
nicoledominique should change his/her status!
Lightweight

I agree with Brothaman - Perhaps you could call ahead of time and ask politely if they mind you bringing your own food as you're on a strict bb diet? If you explain your situation, they might be more willing to accomodate - and maybe even provide you with the food you're willing to eat. If they are extremely offended and fail to understand your situation, maybe it would be a good idea to politely turn down the invitation.

http://pix2.hotornot.com/pics/HR/H8/...HUHZRNTMEP.jpgL.M.B - ripped. My idol.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:08 AM
WordLife316 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

you see I dont have that kind of willpower so I just stay home and make excuses not to go out, well not really willpower, its just feels weird bringing my own food to places when you know they are gonna ask "are you on a diet or something, why do you eat that"?
Old 06-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Lightweight

I know what you mean wordlife...What I hate is the word "diet", when you say that word to anyone who doesn't understand bb they automatically think you're trying to lose weight. Its almost as if they assume it's a fad thing.

I always find that I have to explain that I'm into bodybuilding and I am very strict with myself when it comes to what I put into my body. They still never understand, but it's better than them thinking I'm on a fad-diet.

Old 06-16-2005, 03:23 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

BM - Thanks for your words of encouragement and I'm glad that other people experience the same sort of situations. I'm a social person so I couldn't stay home like wordlife!!! I'd go absolutely insane!!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I really would like to rub off some on them b/c my boyfriend's mom just had hernia surgery and it's due to her excess weight. The Dr. told her if she didn't lose some lbs.'s she'd probably go through the same thing in a few years. She acted like it was no big deal. It's heartbreaking to me when people don't take care of their bodies. I'm not saying everyone should be in the gym hardcore weightlifting and running marathons, etc. I wish people would just move more in general. Go out and ride your bikes, walk your dogs..something to get moving. Okay, sorry that has nothing to do with the subject, I just want to reach out and help these people who lack motivation. I do pray for them though so hopefully that will help!!!

Dominque - I know exactly what you and worlife are saying about a diet. I don't want to be on a diet, I want to eat to fuel my body and life a healthy lifestyle. Nothing about my BB or eating is fad!!!

Have a blessed day and thanks for your input everyone!!!

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 06-16-2005, 03:43 PM
BrothaMan325 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

all you gotta say when they ask why your eating that is " o, look at me, and look at you, enough said. BURNED!!!! ha ha ha ha ha [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] j/playin.

stand up to these people. they are just people. besides, if you are so strongly convicted of an ideal or lifestyle you shouldt have to change to make others feel comfortable. you gotta look out for you and your own! cause at the end of the day, no one else is going to do it.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:58 PM
lots4waldy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

You know, I have no problem packing and bringing along my own food, but I feel bad for the overweight/unhealthy people that are with me. I feel like I am going to make them feel bad and think like, oh she's skinny, why does she have to do that? Or something like that, its hard to explain.

The other day I went to a part and everyone was holding beer and I was holding a protein shake. It wasn't that bad. Strange looking maybe, but I don't feel like I miss out on anything.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:15 PM
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]
The other day I went to a part and everyone was holding beer and I was holding a protein shake. It wasn't that bad. Strange looking maybe, but I don't feel like I miss out on anything

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats awesome Waldy! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2005, 07:14 AM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
all you gotta say when they ask why your eating that is " o, look at me, and look at you, enough said. BURNED!!!! ha ha ha ha ha j/playin.

stand up to these people. they are just people. besides, if you are so strongly convicted of an ideal or lifestyle you shouldt have to change to make others feel comfortable. you gotta look out for you and your own! cause at the end of the day, no one else is going to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice. I did and everything went well. I ate chicken and salad and raw veggies and was content while they ate their food. It's strange, you'd think I would be tempted by all this other food, but when people eat it and I watch them, it kind of turns my stomach to think about what they are putting into their bodies. I know occasionaly it's fine and needed, but on a daily basis, I can't even imagine going back to that kind of lifestyle!!! I'm so glad ABC is here b/c it's the only place I can turn to and find dedicated people as there is no one in my immediate life who is!!! Thanks for all the hard work and research!!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
The other day I went to a part and everyone was holding beer and I was holding a protein shake. It wasn't that bad. Strange looking maybe, but I don't feel like I miss out on anything

[ QUOTE ]
Thats awesome Waldy!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Closed Thread