Delts! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Default Delts!

Here is a variation of side laterals that I decided to try this week--I think it is awesome! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Incline Face Forward Side Lateral Raises:

Lie face forward on an incline bench, keeping both feet flat on the floor for a strong base of support. Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing each other. In a controlled manner, raise the dumbbells out and up to each side, just above shoulder height, turning your wrists so that the back of the dumbbell is slightly higher than the front (as if you were pouring water out of a pitcher). Slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position, pausing momentarily to minimize the use of momentum to swing the weights back up, and then begin your next repetition.

I had done incline front dumbbell raises before and loved the way they isolated my front delts, so I decided to try side laterals in that position. It's great! In my workout today, after I completed several sets of these side lateral raises, I did several sets of L-lateral raises in this same incline face forward position and that worked great too. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 06-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Imy85 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Delts!

Sounds interesting!
Old 06-04-2005, 08:03 PM
dave12345 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a variation of side laterals that I decided to try this week--I think it is awesome! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Incline Face Forward Side Lateral Raises:

Lie face forward on an incline bench, keeping both feet flat on the floor for a strong base of support. Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing each other. In a controlled manner, raise the dumbbells out and up to each side, just above shoulder height, turning your wrists so that the back of the dumbbell is slightly higher than the front (as if you were pouring water out of a pitcher). Slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position, pausing momentarily to minimize the use of momentum to swing the weights back up, and then begin your next repetition.

I had done incline front dumbbell raises before and loved the way they isolated my front delts, so I decided to try side laterals in that position. It's great! In my workout today, after I completed several sets of these side lateral raises, I did several sets of L-lateral raises in this same incline face forward position and that worked great too. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

THIS I have done, it is great, it greatly reduces cheating..

it however hits my rear delts a lot more than normal side raises, ESPECIALLY with that tilt you give the dumbell, that tilt is like the rear delt fryer.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:00 PM
YouFiz should change his/her status!
Middleweight

sounds like fun.. i will give that a go tuf

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PASSION - PAIN - PERFECTION
Old 06-04-2005, 09:42 PM
nicoledominique should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Sounds awesome - delts are one of my favorite muscles to work on, so I'll be sure to give it a go!

http://pix2.hotornot.com/pics/HR/H8/...HUHZRNTMEP.jpgL.M.B - ripped. My idol.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Adam Knowlden should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

I love these at a 45 degree angle. Really targets the posterior and lateral delt tie-ins!

Great tip Tuf!
Old 06-05-2005, 02:39 AM
FayeB should change his/her status!
Stranger

Isn't that exercise called prone incline db laterals? Errm.. that's what I call them anyhow. Great shoulder exercise! I LOVE LOVE LOVE working my shoulders!
Closed Thread