not a female, but I just had to get this off my chest - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 03:26 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Default Re: not a female, but I just had to get this off my chest

[ QUOTE ]
There are exeptions. Take all the Ms Olympias for example... :yuck:

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree to disagree with you.
Not all the Ms. Olympias are yuck to me but you are entitled to your opinion.

I think it takes a special kind of female to be a bodybuilder. If you look at figure, fitness and bodybuilding competitors, you will see a difference..but all of those three are true expressions of femininity and strenght.

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 06-06-2005, 03:32 PM
nicoledominique should change his/her status!
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]
Hearing that encourages me even more to keep lifting harder and heavier despite the girls in my gym who thinks 2 lbs. is heavy!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] At least they're there and hopefully they will get educated as time goes on.

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I'm not a guy or anything but I think muscular arms on a women are amazing. When I see another woman walking around with very toned/muscular arms, I have an immediate admiration and respect for her. You automatically know that she works hard for her body, and I hold that in high regard as opposed to a woman who has skinny arms/upper body and an eating disorder. [ QUOTE ]

Anorexia is a serious disorder and I dont think you should be criticizing another human for their faults. It is hard to understand something you've never experienced.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not what I intended at all. I was referring to the girls/women out there who brag on a daily basis about how "little" they ate that day, and how "good" they were for doing so. I do not consider this a healthy mentality.

Please don't assume that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to eating disorders. I was very overweight as a teen, and had my own struggles with food/weight my whole life. I take pride in the fact that I got real with myself and began to take care of my body instead of punishing it.

http://pix2.hotornot.com/pics/HR/H8/...HUHZRNTMEP.jpgL.M.B - ripped. My idol.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:38 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Ok, calm down..We all have had our experiences and struggles. Let's approach each other with an open mind, give each other the benefit of the doubt and ask for clarification, if a misunderstanding has occurred.

Compassion = relating to one another, putting ourselves in each other's shoes is needed. We are all here to help one another.

Peace,

Amazon

We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

Old 06-06-2005, 03:44 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

It was not my intention to assume you knew nothing of eating disorders and I'm sorry I gave that impression. I wanted nothing more than to be ripped and cut while I struggled w/anorexia and bulimia for 7 years. I worked out for 3 hrs. a day and never saw the results I wanted and kept eating less and less assuming this would made me perfect. However, it didn't and I'm thankful to now be educated enough to know that's not the path. We workout and eat right to obtain yes, health, but also a certain physical attractiveness. This is the anorexics mindset also. I didn't mean at all to come off rude, it just hit close to home. You, however, have struggled at the other end of the spectrum and I give you a tremendous amount of credit for your current fitness lifestyle!!

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 06-06-2005, 07:52 PM
X-Factor should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

*GROUPHUG*!!!!

I'll be in the middle... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]
*GROUPHUG*!!!!

I'll be in the middle... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha!

[ QUOTE ]
It was not my intention to assume you knew nothing of eating disorders and I'm sorry I gave that impression. I wanted nothing more than to be ripped and cut while I struggled w/anorexia and bulimia for 7 years. I worked out for 3 hrs. a day and never saw the results I wanted and kept eating less and less assuming this would made me perfect. However, it didn't and I'm thankful to now be educated enough to know that's not the path. We workout and eat right to obtain yes, health, but also a certain physical attractiveness. This is the anorexics mindset also. I didn't mean at all to come off rude, it just hit close to home. You, however, have struggled at the other end of the spectrum and I give you a tremendous amount of credit for your current fitness lifestyle!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand where you are coming from completely. I know what I said earlier may have been interpreted the wrong way - I didn't mean to disrespect anyone. My intention was to commend all the girls out there who work hard in the gym everyday to reach their fitness goals!! No hard feelings.

Old 06-07-2005, 11:47 AM
National Champion

Wonderful job guys and gals!

Amazon

Old 06-07-2005, 12:44 PM
X-Factor should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Ok, while we are on the topic on misinterpertation, I would like to get your interpertations on this... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I live in like WHITEsvill, like hardcore....anyways. If there is someone who is not of some kind of mixed european descent IE. white. They stand out like a sore thumb. When I am talkin to someone about something, like watchin a soccer game, and there is say an asian or a black playing. I will say that persons good etc. If they say who I say the asian/black dude/ . People look at me like I just robbed a liquor store with a banana. I mean HOW is that racist? Really, it is the easiest way to describe someone if their most standout characteristic is their race. Like what would I say the guy with the Nikes? What do you guys think. PS, i'm colorblind.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Lightweight

I personally don't see anything wrong with pointing out someones race/ethnicity in normal everyday conversation. Many people seem to believe there is something wrong with this - like race/ethnicity is a bad thing that shouldn't be discussed. I think it's something to celebrate and be proud of!

Old 06-07-2005, 04:12 PM
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, while we are on the topic on misinterpertation, I would like to get your interpertations on this... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I live in like WHITEsvill, like hardcore....anyways. If there is someone who is not of some kind of mixed european descent IE. white. They stand out like a sore thumb. When I am talkin to someone about something, like watchin a soccer game, and there is say an asian or a black playing. I will say that persons good etc. If they say who I say the asian/black dude/ . People look at me like I just robbed a liquor store with a banana. I mean HOW is that racist? Really, it is the easiest way to describe someone if their most standout characteristic is their race. Like what would I say the guy with the Nikes? What do you guys think. PS, i'm colorblind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see your point but..couldn't you just refer to the player number...on their shirt? That would work just fine.

Amazon

Closed Thread