Lack of Energy....need some feedback! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 11:12 PM
vaberella should change his/her status!

Default Lack of Energy....need some feedback!

Okay I had posted on another site, but it's not very helpful..I'm not sure if I was unclear, but that may be the case. And I know on the site there's a tendency of being clinical so it might be my best bet to post here.

Here is my dillema. I suffer from serious fatigue lately. When I come home I'm so drained I just fall asleep so we're talking from about 9pm until about 9am (over-sleeping) normally I wake up at 7am. And have to get ready for school I spend 2-3 hours there then I travel for 2 hours to work stay there from 11am until late maybe 6-8pm somteimes and then 2 hours home. And I have time to work out for about an hour but I'm too tired to do it.

I just cannot function. When I mentioned this to a friend he recommended ephedra and caffeine. Now I know that ephedra is off the market. But I wonder if anyone else can help me out. I heard about Yohimbe but I dont 'know how useful that is for me and my situation.

I'm not looking for a fat burner. But everything that seems to work as a pick me up is also listed in the fat burning stuff. I'm about 5'2" an about 230lbs...I want to get down to about 145-150lbs and I'm about 35-40% body fat.

I'm eating pretty healthy about 2300 cals a week cycling. I'm trying to lose weight slowly and in a healthy way and eating enough to keep my energy up. I don't eat a lot, I actually had to force myself to eat as my as I do, 5-6 meals a day. Following the 12 week diet and workout plan as listed on this site.

Supresing food intake is not a problem, since I think my body was in starvation mode for a few years to gain the amount of weight that I have.

I'm just looking for something that might help in a pick me up or energize me enough that I can complete a workout. I'm going to be under this kind of rigourous schedule for the next 3 years it seems. So I have to find a way to make this work. And I don't want to omit working out because I want to be healthy.

Again for sleeping I get enough of it, if not more than necessary but it seems my body is still in need of more. I heard also the term stackign used i don't know what that means so if anyone can clarify let me know!

Any help you can give would be really helpful. And if anythign is unclear just ask me and I'll try to answer it to the best of my ability.

I'd like to say thanks in advance. If anyone can help me with anything I'd be very grateful!
Old 06-01-2005, 11:17 PM
lots4waldy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Lack of Energy....need some feedback!

I did not read all of your post because I am in a hurry but you should seriously seriously get tested to see if there is something wrong with your thyroid. My friend has a slow thyroid, it makes her tired, and it made her put on weight too. Mostly on her stomach and on her neck.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:28 PM

I'll look into it. But I was tested back in January for any kind of thyroid problem, and my doctor even stated that I was healthier than her and I'm 230lbs at 5'2"----which of course means I'm pretty much obese.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:14 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Before turning to any type of caffine supplementation or other stimulants to mask the symptoms of fatigue you are experiencing, I would strongly advise you to determine what is causing you to feel that way. Doctors can prescribe medicine to alleviate symptoms, but they don't do so without first investigating the source of the problem.

I encourage you to continue to pursue the help of medical professionals, but in the meantime, would you mind posting your diet and your typical weekly training schedule so we can see if any adjustments may be helpful to you?
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 06-02-2005, 03:33 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

I agree with Tuf! More specific information involving diet and workouts would be useful.

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 06-02-2005, 04:43 PM
MusicJennifer should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Vaberella,
I totally understand where you are coming from. I would have responded sooner, but I'm not on this site much anymore since I am not in front of a computer during the day. I had the SAME problem, it got so bad I was sleeping in between clients during the day and all night from the time I got home to the next morning. I ended up getting an "IGG Food Profile" blood work exam. It showed that I had food allergies/sensitivitie's. Once I made the appropriate changes to my diet, I literally felt that I was handed my life back! Even now, if I "cheat" and have vinegar on my salad (something I am sensitive to), I will totally FEEL it the next day. I'll be excessively tired, feel lost in my own mind, etc... Feel free to PM me more on the subject or better yet email me... MusicJennifer@hotmail.com I'd be glad to help you
- Jen
Old 06-02-2005, 05:04 PM
lots4waldy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

The food sensitivity thing just reminded me of something. My aunt has this condition where her intestine or something can't absorb B12. She was always tired and drained and a bit depressed. She eventually heard on a Christian station's commercial about B12 deficiency symptoms, and thought it was a sign to check her levels. She had to ask her doctor several times to check the levels of B12, but he did eventually and they were borderline low. She went to another doctor and said that was dangerous, and she's been getting B12 shots every 6 months ever since and she feels great. Ask them to check your B12 levels. Usually when they take your blood, they don't check for everything everything, and you need to ask specifically.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:44 AM
MusicJennifer should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Great point!
Old 06-05-2005, 11:32 PM

Gosh I never thought about food allergies.

I don't have a basic eating plan. I wasn't taking my multi's and my diet was clean clean. I basically ate what I was given...which drained me even more. Although I know what to eat...

Plus I had a lot going on. I think I may have food allergies..I wonder if the people who had them also would break out in hives. I came to notice that certain foods also made me itchy and now I'm on zyrtec because of it.

Tahnks for the help ladies....and sorry I'm not as detailed. I'm barely able to think clearly...especially since my mind is running over the many factors that could cause the mess.

I will say this. I was eatign about 3 meals a day. oatmeal in the morning. no time for snack. Tuna or some other tyope of sandwich, for lunch. And for the evening what ever my mum cooked. Which consisted of protein, veggies, rice, and beans (I'm carribean). Other than that nothing else. Atlhough I will say that I would have the last meal late at night and probably drop off..since I was also studying for Finals and panicking over them as well!!

Lately my work which has turned from internship has now put even more pressure onme and I'm still a bit anxious over my grades and things like that are running in my mind.

But thanks again for the help and I'll check out these alternatives. I've already purchased a multivatimin and ZMA supplement.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:36 PM
nicoledominique should change his/her status!
Lightweight

<font color="red"> These are just some possible ideas & comments:</font>

[ QUOTE ]
I just cannot function. When I mentioned this to a friend he recommended ephedra and caffeine. Now I know that ephedra is off the market. But I wonder if anyone else can help me out. I heard about Yohimbe but I dont 'know how useful that is for me and my situation.

<font color="red">First off, isn't ephedra illegal? It can cause serious complications and side effects.</font> [ QUOTE ]
Ephedra can produce the following adverse reactions: heart attack, stroke, tachycardia, paranoid psychosis, depression, convulsions, coma, fever, vomiting, palpitations, hypertension, seizures, respiratory depression and death.

[/ QUOTE ] --http://www.productliabilitylawyer.com/ephedra.cfm

<font color="red">I agree with the other posters, and stay away from this kind of stuff.</font>

I'm not looking for a fat burner. But everything that seems to work as a pick me up is also listed in the fat burning stuff. I'm about 5'2" an about 230lbs...I want to get down to about 145-150lbs and I'm about 35-40% body fat.

I'm eating pretty healthy about 2300 cals a week cycling. I'm trying to lose weight slowly and in a healthy way and eating enough to keep my energy up. I don't eat a lot, I actually had to force myself to eat as my as I do, 5-6 meals a day. Following the 12 week diet and workout plan as listed on this site.

<font color="red"> When did you start your calorie cycling and by how much did you drop your calories to start off with? If you suddenly and drastically reduced your caloric intake your body might have switched into 'starvation' mode and perhaps this is what is causing you to become so tired? It is recommended on this site that you lower your cals only by 250 at a time. I know you said you didn't eat much to begin with, but perhaps you were ingesting more calories than you thought?</font>

<font color="red"> These are just some possibilities, I'm no expert. I know that water plays a HUGE role in fatigue -- Make sure you're drinking enough of it...As much as you can.

And I agree with everyone else - go to the doctor to rule out things such as mono, diabetes, etc. Hopefully everything is fine!</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

http://pix2.hotornot.com/pics/HR/H8/...HUHZRNTMEP.jpgL.M.B - ripped. My idol.
Closed Thread