Areas of improvement on your training? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 12:11 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Default Areas of improvement on your training?

What areas in your training need improvement?
How are you addressing them?
Here we can share what we are currently doing to progress in our training and give feedback to others that might be going through a plateau or share new techniques.

Me?

Greater separation of biceps, shoulders..incorporated new combinations of exercises on my supersets when working these bodyparts.

I combine three exercises at a time, one after the other.
For example: 21's + bicep curls *regular + hammer curls.

Shoulders? combination: side lateral + upright row + military press.

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 05-12-2005, 01:26 PM
nothwang should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: Areas of improvement on your training?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is awesome! i do this one too!
Old 05-13-2005, 12:05 PM
Shorty007 should change his/her status!
Stranger

My want to be cut/seperated too!! I need to lose BF.

But my main problem is my abs? I lost some weight, then gained it back in my abs. I do cardio 5 days a week 40 min. 3 days, and 80 min. 2 days. But it doesnt go anywhere. It actually came back? HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Is supersets like mentioned above working well for seperation?

THANKS
Old 05-13-2005, 02:45 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Shorty:

First of, look at your diet. Second..that is a lot of cardio! I would say, 3-4 days a week is the recommendation made on this site for cardio on a cut. Also the optimal strategy is to have cardio on a separate day than weight training. The less optional strategy is to have a cardio session the same day with AT LEAST 6 hrs in between sessions.

I have used supersets and compound sets. The idea here is to switch training techniques so that you keep on seeing results. So, even if supersets work..I don't use a training strategy more than 6 weeks. I change workouts every month. Every training session is different. *periodization and shocking methods*

Which is a sample workout for you?
Which is your split? *how do you work out bodyparts on your routine*

You need to find what works for your body and there is trial and error involved her.

So, check diet. Check training.

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/13wee...urningdiet.php

for diet

www.fitday.com - for tracking food intake

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/windowofopportunity.php - for post workout nutrition

Regards,

Amazon

We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

Old 05-13-2005, 08:22 PM
mrExtreme should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, that's almost exactly the same thing I do! I like to go military press + upright row + side lateral instead. Sometimes I'll add on face pulls after the side laterals to make it a giant set. You should give it a try next time you do shoulders. It's a real killer!
Old 05-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Amazon, this is a great question! Unfortunately I don't have a great answer right now. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My main goal is to improve my overall symmetry, and there are several aspects of my physique that play into that (delts, lats, glutes, quad sweep, and calves).

In all honesty I'm not doing anything about it right now (!) because I just worked hard to reach a cutting goal, so I'm not quite ready to jump into my bulk. But I will soon, I promise! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 05-15-2005, 12:16 PM
CraZy-T! should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... this excites me! How perfect of a triple-set would this be?

Side laterals say x10, then with the same weight do upright rows until failure, then clean the DBs up to your shoulders and press them!

I like it! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Starting BF%:</font> 16.0%
<font color="red">Current BF%:</font> 14.6%

Link to my Hyperplasia Challenge Journal
Old 05-17-2005, 10:50 AM
National Champion

Well, there is more where that came from!

LOL

Amazon

Old 05-17-2005, 06:56 PM
X-Factor should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

I'm TOO hardcore [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] jk, I really need to work on my forearms and seperation in my quads. Triceps need to catch up seriously too, I hav'ent been able to train them in about 6 monthes (triceps tendonitis)
Old 05-24-2005, 08:32 AM
monitor should change his/her status!

hey amazon, sorry to bother you again but i have a question that is a little off topic. i have my own gym/karate school over here in texas. my clientel basis is about 90% female 10% male. i really enjoy my work, making these ladies feel good about themselves again. i have one parcticular i havent been able to crack. she is 31 years old and here our her numbers when she started; weight 379 bodyfat 52% hydration 35% fatfreemass 181.5 fat mass 197. got her down to 367 bf 51% hyd. 36% ffm 179 fm 188.5. my partner (wife) and i talked her out of gastric bypass, since we have many as clients who are not doing so well with the side effects. she recently went to a quack who was putting her on l-carnitine injections (telling her she will lose the fat at injection sites)- appetite suppresant and t-3's. well needless to say, i talked out of it saying it will not create a metabolic boost. i guess she's desperate. at the monent she is following the zone diet and i have her doing at the monent a 4 day split (legs - back-bicep - full shoulder - chest-tri's) and she does my kickboxing class twice a week. she recently purchased clenbuterol and some more t-3's. i am reluctant as to show her how to supplement/cycle these products, but am afraid she'll get some bad advice and take them anyway. i guess my question is what can i do to help her kick in her metabolism and fire up her fat burning? i hope i a not to much of a bother. sincerely monitor